RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

8 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Im black so... yeah, and I can bet you're WHITE, but have the NERVE to call ME culturally insensitive because you AUTOMATICALLY assume her bald ass head means she's going for an African look. Crazy part is, Monet is that good with ideas, just not good at creating them, so this look likely was supposed to be some terribly executed take on a Black Panther like futuristic female warrior. The issue remains the same, the **** are weirdly placed and the proportions are off again, it's always half and half with her looks like a game you try to return at Gamestop and can only leave with half the value. 

ANYWAY.

I’m black too. And she literally explained the look and what inspired it and she looked great.

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

The gag that black members running to drag a black queen's final runway (which actually wasn't even BAD but a TOOT) and not going after people like Jinkx and Trinity for their final runways - Monet's was easily the higher of the evening :rip:

Make it make sense

aVDxfki.gif

And no I'm not white in the slightest before y'all even try that

aVDxfki.gif

13 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Also, let me apologize to Raja. 

I just wanted to know she still had it in her to CREATE and DELIVER top tier fashion, you cant lose taste! You just get lazier.

This is SUPREME Raja and a perfect way to be seen on television for the last time as a WINNER.

43f7b560984dd21e2f7a82e29d8176ddd3167d74

FYtUryfWAAMjbV8.jpg

raja1-660x440.png

unnamed-426.jpg

INSANE RAJA, I bow to thee my queen!

Yassss :jonny: AN OG :clap3: 

The way I did not bat an eye at Supernova during the UKvTW final but I am LIVING for the anthem now that it was on AS7.

Is Supernova the new superior drag anthem staple? :jamming:

Also let us all ponder on one of the biggest lipsync m*rders in history of Drag Race.

Denali MEANT business here. Shame she was an early out. 

"I'm black so I can't be culturally insensitive" GET OUTTA HERE as if there's not a huge lack of respect from black americans to Africans/Islanders and vice versa. The FACT is you are constantly hateful to Monet period in order to lift up Jaida who I hope FINALLY feels like a winner after 2 full seasons on tv. Imagine seeing a black queen be outright burglarized in our faces once again and in the most shameless example of production riggory ever and deciding what really needs to be talked about is her supposed ugly outfit. 

"The constant need to infantalize black queens and treat every negative comment as racism" Not when you constantly have more pushback for people defending black queens than the slander they get every day in this thread. Not you being more offended by someone defending Monet than the hoards of white twinks in here who view a black queen as so unworthy that anyone who stans her MUST be doing so because they know spoilers rather than just liking the *****. And look at exactly who's applauding your post, the same one who made that racist ass claim. 

It's the tap dancing for me.

And before the post above me gains any traction, let it be known that while Denali dogwalked Kahmora, she mostly only did so cause Kahmora gave absolutely nothing and it's an all time classic song. Denali gave a GOOD lipsync but that is not great nor an all-time performance. It only looks so great to ya'll cause you're used to non-black queens putting the Nogue in Kylie Minogue like Blu or Willow do. Denali slayed a corpse but her moves were not all ya'll crack them up to be, not by a long shot. That duck walk was giving pigeon

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c48bd492d4ae2041c8

Leave Jaida alone, she won the crown on her first try and with all odds against her.

The real question is: does Monét feel like a winner after three whole seasons and only 0.5 of a crown?

2 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

can y'all thread ban ol girl again

:clap3: she deserves it for the racist denali slander:doc:

4 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Leave Jaida alone, she won the crown on her first try and with all odds against her.

The real question is: does Monét feel like a winner after three whole seasons and only 0.5 of a crown?

This is a good question. Maybe one of her stans can shed some insight? Or did they all vanish yet.

Their suspicious pre-season stanning was due to them reading leaks and spoilers that she allegedly won every challenge and, now that it's been disproven, they don't have to pretend to care anymore. This is why y'all need to stop reading spoilers. I thought the Kylie stanning was sus but the Payolet Xpired stanning was a whole different level. Y'all really thought she was going to win every challenge only for her to be N/A for 70% of the season and lose to Kinkx Monsoon despite all the payola and riggory. Oh well, maybe the Miss Congeniality season will come to fruition and she can finally earn a whole crown.

3 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

This is a good question. Maybe one of her stans can shed some insight? Or did they all vanish yet.

Their suspicious pre-season stanning was due to them reading leaks and spoilers that she allegedly won every challenge and, now that it's been disproven, they don't have to pretend to care anymore. This is why y'all need to stop reading spoilers. I thought the Kylie stanning was sus but the Payolet Xpired stanning was a whole different level. Y'all really thought she was going to win every challenge only for her to be N/A for 70% of the season and lose to Kinkx Monsoon despite all the payola and riggory. Oh well, maybe the Miss Congeniality season will come to fruition and she can finally earn a whole crown.

She literally won 3 challenges (and arguable should’ve won 4) and was “high” based on the little deliberations they showed basically every other week :rip: y’all need to let the Monet hate go atp. like what payola and riggory did Monet get y’all talking out your asses.

it’s wild that you can’t accept people just stan Monet who has always been popular and it’s not because spoilers or whatever. 

I'm pretty sure Monet feels like a winner with her over 1 million followers (not everyone has that), her SUCCESSFUL podcast (not everyone has that), her placement as top 2 of the season (not everyone has that), and being a trending topic before AND after the finale (not everyone has that either)

Funny how I've never seen ya'll ONCE say Trinity has half a crown and only reserve that for Monet when you try to drag the C in Unty icon. The only thing suspicious is that 90% of your posts are spent dragging black queens in particular and aligning with whack ass racist perspectives that Monet is only stan worthy because of spoilers as if some of us haven't been stanning since PRE drag race. 

2 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

it’s wild that you can’t accept people just stan Monet who has always been popular and it’s not because spoilers or whatever. 

Girl, people claimed she was top 4 material for weeks when she only had 1 star while other queens had 2 or 3 already. It's really that transparent.

And this is not exclusively a Monét discussion, never has been actually. As several other users already pointed out, the same happened with Bosco (and Willow, to a lesser degree) on S14 and Kylie on AS6 just to mention the most recent US seasons.

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Girl, people claimed she was top 4 material for weeks when she only had 1 star while other queens had 2 or 3 already. It's really that transparent.

And this is not exclusively a Monét discussion, never has been actually. As several other users already pointed out, the same happened with Bosco (and Willow, to a lesser degree) on S14 and Kylie on AS6 just to mention the most recent US seasons.

y’all were not going in on Kylie and all of them like you are for Monet though. and it’s not like she was flopping in that time she did good on SG and the design challenge + should’ve won girl groups.

like are you not supposed to stan the queens you like and consider them winner material anymore :rip:

I forgot who we stan has to be approved by and justified to the anti-blacks of this thread

Weird how the "transparent stanning" of Bosco, Willow and Kylie never got the girls here as pressed. What could be the difference between them and Monet, I wonder? 

6 hours ago, Bimbo said:

This behind the scenes AS7 Sibling Rivalry is such ******* GOOD content :jonny5: mothers for a reason :jonny5:

6 hours ago, Nikko said:

!!! these next few episodes + their watchery will be amazing 

Yes!! Highly recommend listening even for the Monet haters in here. I found it so interesting that 

Spoiler

they didn’t know the prize money or that there wouldn’t be any eliminations. I really assumed that promising no eliminations would be the main way to get winners back. 

13 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

I forgot who we stan has to be approved by and justified to the anti-blacks of this thread

Weird how the "transparent stanning" of Bosco, Willow and Kylie never got the girls here as pressed. What could be the difference between them and Monet, I wonder? 

Bosco haters were much more than Bosco fans 

Willow didnt really have much of a fanbase at the beginning of the season

And Kylie stanning was very suspicious and pointwd out a lot of times

Now the AS8 spoilers are out, tell us which black queen you'll suddenly stan and which white queen you'll be suddenly hating next year?

11 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Its because you (not you specifically) guys spent so much time hating on Jorgeous that when people (me and others) would call out the obvious Bosco payola and suspicious stanning, the only response was “yall just want to **** Jorgeous.” People were calling out Bosco, but she wasnt the one people wanted to hate for the season.

In contrast, Monet and Jinx both had major haters which is why Monet payola and Jinx payola are being called out by both sides now. Its the first time where the top two of a season were hated on from both sides during the season, vs Kylie (people were going to be called transphobic), Willow and Bosco (you had Jorgeous then Daya Betty).

11 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

y’all were not going in on Kylie and all of them like you are for Monet though. and it’s not like she was flopping in that time she did good on SG and the design challenge + should’ve won girl groups.

like are you not supposed to stan the queens you like and consider them winner material anymore :rip:

People were really suspicious of the Kylie stanning and the behaviour was called out several times. Even after she won, the response in here was pretty mild, she didn't get a lot of support and got her the title of one of the least deserving winners of all time. If that's not bad, I don't know what to tell you.

Everyone's free to stan whoever they want, but when that goes completely in the opposite direction of what's airing on TV (or isn't even aired, in the case of sudden stanning after a cast is announced), it's gonna look suspicious and every single time up to this point has been linked to people being aware of leaks and spoilers.

Monet and Jaida are both queens, we love black excellence.

Okay but bringing up the Kylie comparisons…just take your L and go :rip: 

As if it’s wrong to stan a WINNER nnnn, even with her only one win weeks into the season. She still performed well in most challenges. The only queen that seriously did not deliver this season was Shea. Stanning her would’ve been sus. 

The Kylie stanning during AS6 on the other hand….wheeeew. That **** did not make sense. 

I personally never did because I have taste and prefer queens with talent but there wasn't even nothing suspicious about people stanning Kylie. She's a pretty white queen and that's like 90% of the prerequisite to be a fan fave. OF COURSE Kylie was stanned in this thread when the only other white options were 2 fat girls (the only thing this fandom hates as much as black queens), annoying ass Jan, and an old queen Pandora. No one who read spoilers even thought Kylie was gonna win until her fan reception was boosted by Miley Cyrus as the season aired. Spoilers came out and it was always thought to be either Ginger or Eureka's until fan reception midway through the season. They saw big t*tties, blonde hair, and body during the MTQ and stanned instantly cause this fandom is *that* predictable. A portion of this thread was always gonna root for Kylie or Scarlet regardless just on the basis of their skin and body type alone. Jan took herself out of the equation by putting on a few and being the most annoying queen alive. 

People are just using cries over spoilers as pathetic attempts to dictate who's allowed and worthy of being stanned as its far easier to say someone's spoiling you than just admitting you don't like people praising a black queen so hard. If you're genuinely THAT concerned about spoilers stop reading into what tf people post so much. 

Funny how people who said Jinkx was winning from episode 1 were never cried at for "spoilers" because this thread accepts, expects, and encourages white stanning but gets in a huff when a black queen is. 

"Jinkx is taking it" = of course she is, she's weird and white just like me so thats just spitting facts mawma

"Monet is taking it" = oh my god, REPORT. BAN. This poster clearly read spoilers and is ruining this thread if they think that black flop could possibly win! clearly there's no reason to stan a black unless they know spoilers!!! 

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

Monet had been robbed of RuTRL and did well in Snatch Game, the acting challenge, and design challenge before she had her 2nd win. It’s no shock that Monet stans felt that their fave was deserving of more.

What’s shocking are the fallacies that Raja deserved more when she was doing the bare minimum post-ep 3. Did the Raja stans read spoilers that she would be QOSDAHH? Oh, probably not cause it’s only been the Monet stans who can’t stan their fave, even though Monet stans have been in this thread for years and Raja stans were N/A until right before this season started.

And yes, Monet has never complained about being less than other winners cause of a tie, unlike girls like Jaida and Viv who were shaking and crying in the face of other winners. I feel for Jaida, but Monet is far more confident despite the fanbase constantly trying to discredit her (literally constantly). I’m not shocked that Monet has to be so confident though, cause as we can see from this thread alone, OMXCH are literally a different breed.

No one even talking about Stinkx or Fadja anymore, Monet still the talk of the town. Icon. 

I would also like to add that it was RAJAH stanning that was heavily critiqued in here, FAR more than Kylie stanning. Rajah was seen as a hateful ***** no one could possibly like, and Kylie was seen as the older season fan fave queen cause of one sh**** holiday special. 

I wonder why? :coffee:

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Monet had been robbed of RuTRL and did well in Snatch Game, the acting challenge, and design challenge before she had her 2nd win. It’s no shock that Monet stans felt that their fave was deserving of more.

What’s shocking are the fallacies that Raja deserved more when she was doing the bare minimum post-ep 3. Did the Raja stans read spoilers that she would be QOSDAHH? Oh, probably not cause it’s only been the Monet stans who can’t stan their fave, even though Monet stans have been in this thread for years and Raja stans were N/A until right before this season started.

And yes, Monet has never complained about being less than other winners cause of a tie, unlike girls like Jaida and Viv who were shaking and crying in the face of other winners. I feel for Jaida, but Monet is far more confident despite the fanbase constantly trying to discredit her (literally constantly). I’m not shocked that Monet has to be so confident though, cause as we can see from this thread alone, OMXCH are literally a different breed.

No one even talking about Stinkx or Fadja anymore, Monet still the talk of the town. Icon. 

See, that's a different thing though. I'm not saying Monét didn't deserve to win more challenges, what I'm saying it that up to the very last she was one of the two queens with the least amount of stars and people were still swearing up and down that she was top 4 material despite the twist not being announced yet. That's what caught the attention, not that it was Monét specifically that people chose to stan (and it never was the case, it's absurd that I have to stress this point). If this was all about racism as some people claim to be, Shea would've also been part of the discussion since she also greatly benefited from the twist, but you never see it mentioned because literally no one claimed she was top 4 material (although I'm pretty sure people who read spoilers knew about it) as much as some users did with Monét.

I don't get the point you're trying to make for Raja. Yes, people (myself included) praised her a lot and argued that she deserved to win one or two challenges, but that pretty much slowed down as soon as we figured out that she wasn't going to win the season with her lip syncing abilities. I don't think I've seen a single user claiming that Raja would win the QOSDAHH lip sync smackdown and, same as Shea, I imagine some users knew about the outcome.

I also don't agree with the point about Monét/Jaida/The Vivienne. While it's true that Monét is constantly mocked for sharing the AS4 win and didn't complain about it (same could be said about Trinity to be completely honest), it's really not comparable to what Jaida and The Vivienne went through and how it affected them entering this competition. Jaida won and was "crowned" in her living room, lost most (if not all) the opportunities all other US winners have during their reigns and had generally the least amount of time to grow from her season. The Vivienne comes from a different country and a very different drag scene, had small to no connections with the rest of the cast and ultimately won nothing from her season. In my opinion their experiences are vastly different from the rest of the cast and put them at a disadvantage as Monét got the full cash prize and got to fulfil her reign as intended even if she shared the crown with another queen. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.