RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Lana vibes? Sis….the slander

nn; i meant the sweet 50s/60s aesthetic

RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 15 Deserves a Round of Applause

#marcia marcia marcia from barbie, eat your heart out.

#marcia marcia marcia from let's go girl

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m rewatching season 5 and you can tell the judges/producers were not feeling Detox at all… she performed consistently well (for the most part) but she literally keeps getting told ‘you need to push it further’ etc. makes sense as well considering the final four lip sync rigging for jinx. I guess she was just ahead of her time :-*

35 minutes ago, CroNich said:

I’m rewatching season 5 and you can tell the judges/producers were not feeling Detox at all… she performed consistently well (for the most part) but she literally keeps getting told ‘you need to push it further’ etc. makes sense as well considering the final four lip sync rigging for jinx. I guess she was just ahead of her time :-*

S5 was for Jinkx to win since the beginning. Also AS7. So basically Jinkx won both seasons with heavy riggory.

6 minutes ago, Shinning said:

S5 was for Jinkx to win since the beginning. Also AS7. So basically Jinkx won both seasons with heavy riggory.

Except AS7 wasn't rigged for Jinkx, unless you count the final lip-sync where Monet dog-walked her. Up until then Jinkx dominated the competition.

3 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

:bibliahh:

22 minutes ago, Shinning said:

You could tell they were pushing Roxxxy as well. She constantly gets good critiques even when detox out performs her.

6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

And not to bring up another awful season, but I can never forgive what they did to Alexis on AS5… like wow. The way they treat PR girls on this show post S3 is insane and I just don’t think that’s talked about enough. 

Tea

Alexis has deserved to be in the finals every single season she was on and production has never considered her for the win once. Blair, Crack, and yes even Jujubee outlasting her on AS5 is blasphemous. 

• ATRL Moderator
26 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

Except AS7 wasn't rigged for Jinkx, unless you count the final lip-sync where Monet dog-walked her. Up until then Jinkx dominated the competition.

We must have different definitions of "dominating" when Jinkx was bottom 2 for both design challenges, danced horribly in the TRL challenge, and was cringe af in the Santa acting skit. (I would put her in bottom 2 for that, despite acting being one of her strengths.)

No one can deny Jinkx comedy/improv skills (if you're into her style of comedy), but you also have to admit she's an awful dancer with terrible fashion taste and zero sewing skills. In a regular season, one of the competitive girls would have axed her in episode 3 when she bottomed at the ball:gayriahcat2:

35 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Marcia's aesthetic is so pleasing, ugh :jonnycat:

right? it's so soothing :gaycat2:

• ATRL Moderator

Also, I agree Sibling Watchery has been a bit too hard on some of the girls, mainly Aura.

BUT I also need Bob to stay honest in dragging Salina since Monet won't be :lakitu: She's the only one to drag that street sign look, which is important since even Raven and Raja tried to gaslight us about it.

31 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

We must have different definitions of "dominating" when Jinkx was bottom 2 for both design challenges, danced horribly in the TRL challenge, and was cringe af in the Santa acting skit. (I would put her in bottom 2 for that, despite acting being one of her strengths.)

No one can deny Jinkx comedy/improv skills (if you're into her style of comedy), but you also have to admit she's an awful dancer with terrible fashion taste and zero sewing skills. In a regular season, one of the competitive girls would have axed her in episode 3 when she bottomed at the ball:gayriahcat2:

Jinkx was also thrown every win she could've possibly gotten

Meanwhile girls like Mother Monet, Viv, and Shea were passed over multiple weeks when they could've won for storyline reasons or keeping the stars equal. If judged fairly, Monet would've had the most stars even without the 3-star talent show. 

WoW producers are confirmed babybois I fear

2 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

nn; i meant the sweet 50s/60s aesthetic

RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 15 Deserves a Round of Applause

#marcia marcia marcia from barbie, eat your heart out.

#marcia marcia marcia from let's go girl

Lol jk. Her design challenge look did give me Every Man Gets His Wish vibes!

Imo Jinkx didn’t really deserve her commercial win. I guess I just don’t get her humor but I didn’t think she met the criteria of making a viral dance video.

The narrative that Jinkx dominated AS7 didn’t really click with me since she was basically either doing really well or one of the worst of the week constantly.

4 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

The way she words it is just so :rip: There’s points to be made in what she’s saying, sure, but these girls just need to realize that addressing bad press in this day in age is never gonna be good. Just lean into it cause you’re hot and you’ll be celebrated for that alone. 

I do feel bad for her cause at the end of the day, she is genuinely being shamed for being confident and that sucks but… this argument isn’t gonna click with people atm. Maybe revisit on S16 or something :rip: 

5 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

I dont see anything wrong, fatties will deal.

3 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I dont see anything wrong, fatties will deal.

She’s definitely not wrong but the attempt to seem unbothered at the end with the taco statement :rip: 

Not to mention the main discourse around this topic rn is with Sam Smith so it’s not exactly apropos atm. 

Not y’all criticizing Aura for trying to defend her character (justified) and then being mad she’s not doing it in the way you wanted :rip: leave that lady alone

Edited by brooklyndaddy

This Aura hate is weird af, like she literally hasn't done anything 

:biblio:

Aura’s post is a time capsule of a millennial reaction.

1. makes a problem out of nothing, because kissing and flexing your muscles is cringy but it’s something she should just lean into.

2. acts unbothered, but is bothered. 

3. mentions tacos/something random. 

Nobody even hating on Aura. Monet called her cringe because she is cringe!

Aura can tweet whatever she wants and while she might have a point somewhere, it still doesn't change the fact that she's indeed cringy. Even outside of the muscle flexing, the "emoting" she does when she walks the runway is giving Utica and it's beyond weird. Like mama just model and look pretty, you don't have to do all that.

Aura is figuring out who her drag persona is and evolving on tv, let her do that. Sasha already figured out the nuances in being over theatric and keeping in reigned in for believability, that comes with age and practice. Aura is talented, gorgeous, and with time will be C.U.N.T. they're being WAY too hard on her considering her runways have been up to par thus far and so has her overall showing.

Meanwhile we're stuck with dumbass Spice giving us literally nothing? 

1 minute ago, satellites.™ said:

Aura is figuring out who her drag persona is and evolving on tv, let her do that. Sasha already figured out the nuances in being over theatric and keeping in reigned in for believability, that comes with age and practice. Aura is talented, gorgeous, and with time will be C.U.N.T. they're being WAY too hard on her considering her runways have been up to par thus far and so has her overall showing.

Meanwhile we're stuck with dumbass Spice giving us literally nothing? 

Spice has already cultivated her drag persona unlike aura, is sure of herself and her drag and has a unique pov…. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.