RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Nina West drag terrorist

• Haha 10

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/21/2024 at 11:12 AM, unino said:

now yall gaging and thirsting for Violet, yall be switching like a f -  :toofunny3:

I think most people didn't like Gottmik. Did Violet get hate too?

Gotmiik is kind of sickening here. 

and Anitta girl ...

Not me getting spoiled on twitter again 

good thing I don't care but it's a kii

This was a really cute episode!

I found that with Snatch Game there were people who objectively did the best (Nina/Gottmik/Angeria), but I laughed the most at other people (Vanjie/Jorgeous).

I wasn't mad at the Top2 they picked (though I don't understand how Shannel was a contender for the top, I thought she was pretty blah), but am I the only one who wasn't really feeling Nina that much? Like yeah, she was funny, but her jokes just felt so boring/played out/corny. 

It's crazy how Mik is not a particularly amazing lipsyncer (though I do think she's gotten much better), but she rightfully won both her lipsyncs this season :rip: Nina was a mess and was fumbling her reveals like crazy. I was scared Ru would pick her to win, cause the camera focused so much on her, but yeah... That was embarassing, Mik clearly won that.

So weird how the Nina's and Tina's don't translate to drag race lol 

• Like 1

Shannel > Nina > Jorgeous should've been out by now. A strong cast on paper but severely lacking on screen… such a waste of the non-elim format

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I thought Nina's lipsync dress was just a cover up so she wouldn't have to waste an outfit every week, little did I know it was the first in a long string of reveals straight from the pits of hell :mazen:

• Haha 11

Ru deserves a badge for acting like she remembered Tasha Salad 

What was Roxxy thinking. They really need to ban made up characters from snatch game 

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, P.O.P said:

@Hephaestus gurl we WON

Yes we did henny, OTH keep losing :sistrens:

Stream Trixie Motel Season 2 June 1 on Max ladies :gaycattel:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

Shannel > Nina > Jorgeous should've been out by now. A strong cast on paper but severely lacking on screen… such a waste of the non-elim format

This is exactly the correct elimination order. Jorgeous and Plastique would've been bottom 2 this episode for me. 

Am I the only one that thinks that the editing for snatch game was off? It just felt… weird. Also, you know that they moved snatch game up when Nina and Shannel realized they were doing the same character to capitalize on that. Pretty sure it would've been later if they hadn't brought it up which is probably why Raven and Monet were the Snatchelors. During the judging Michelle mentioned that Shannel kind of became Liberace instead of being funny but I thought she had some jokes so I'm guessing that there was a lot that we didn't get to see? I think they changed the gift badge from AS7 rules. Pretty sure that they weren't allowed to give them to a winner. It will be interesting to see who gets the badges next week. 

I do think they need to ban characters that the queens made up (and arguably non human characters but we haven't gotten too many of them). Snatch game is about celebrity impersonation. Doing characters like satan - a fictional character but one that has been fleshed out through many mediums and has been around for a millennium or two - or the boogy man who has some sort of basis in popular myth are a bit different from Roxxxy resurrecting Tasha again. 

Spoiler

Gotmik: She had some jokes and the character choice was creative so I'll give her credit for that. If she was going to do a washed up, burnt out 40's star she could have picked an actual person but I get that she wanted to do something outside of the box. The runway look though… I didn't get the "tail" part of the challenge. Not my favorite. 

Nina: She was definitely the funnier of the two Liberaces. She was definitely the strongest out of her group. Surprisingly her runway was pretty good. Idk if that's because I didn't enjoy some of the looks or not but… 

Plastique: If there was a bottom, she probably would have been in it. I'm not surprised since comedy challenges weren't really her thing but I was hoping she would do better. Sadly, she bombed hard and managed to make Allie Wong unfunny. Her runway look was great as usual though. Definitely my favorite fashion queen this season. 

Vanjie: Cleopatra had a lot of promise but Vanjie didn't seem to know much about her. Fun fact - the earliest known vibrator was used by cleopatra by hollowing out a gourd and filling it with bees before sealing it shut. So many things she could've done and didn't. She kind of just did herself with an cleopatra outfit and mentioned Mark Anthony. She did have the better of the two Scorpion looks on the runway imo. 

Jorgeous: Welp, we got Alana 2.0. Don't know why Monet chose her but… idk. Jorgeous kind of just did the same stuff she always does and some of the same things she did as Alana. Overall I think she was the weakest of her group. Her runway look was okay. Not my favorite but it wasn't terrible. 

Angeria: She did well. Had some solid jokes and nothing really fell flat. She wasn't my favorite but it was a good performance and she was probably the best out of her group. She had one of my favorite runways. I'm kind of over the sculpted wigs and horns but it worked well for the outfit.

Shannel: She wasn't as funny as Nina but I thought she did well - especially since she's never done the snatch game before. I think I liked her outfit for Liberace more than Nina's. One of the top performers of her group. Her runway look was a boot for me. Her hair and face were great but the look needed some work. 

Roxxxy: She did alright as Tasha. A couple of jokes here and there but not the best. I'm kind of getting worried for her. She doesn't seem to have found her rhythm. I wish she'd had had another Tamar Braxton moment and killed it. Her runway look was good but it seemed unpolished in certain areas. The fabric that was supposed to resemble buttons was horribly cut. 

I am glad that they are giving some critiques on the runway. I wish they'd go further with it but at least we're getting something. The top two was fair so I can't really complain. I think I would've put Shannel in the top with Nina but Gotmik did well enough that I'm not upset. Nina's lip sync… girl… One terrible outfit reveal after another. She was struggling to take half of them off. Gotmik won that lip sync no contest. I wish they'd have saved this song for Vanjie or Jorgeous as I know they'd murder it. 

Overall the season is really only delivering on the runway so far for me. I get that anything after AS7 will be a bit of a let down but I was hoping for more. Hopefully they're saving the best for later? The makeover could be fun though so we shall see. Seems like Mik has some things to say about the queens rooting for Nina too. 

• Like 2

I can't believe next week we have to suffer through a makeover challenge with EIGHT contestants oh boy

• Haha 1

Angeria deserved top 2 even though she was already cut.

Poor Nina flubbing those ruveals, she could have won. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, NumbSoul said:

This was a really cute episode!

I found that with Snatch Game there were people who objectively did the best (Nina/Gottmik/Angeria), but I laughed the most at other people (Vanjie/Jorgeous).

I wasn't mad at the Top2 they picked (though I don't understand how Shannel was a contender for the top, I thought she was pretty blah), but am I the only one who wasn't really feeling Nina that much? Like yeah, she was funny, but her jokes just felt so boring/played out/corny. 

It's crazy how Mik is not a particularly amazing lipsyncer (though I do think she's gotten much better), but she rightfully won both her lipsyncs this season :rip: Nina was a mess and was fumbling her reveals like crazy. I was scared Ru would pick her to win, cause the camera focused so much on her, but yeah... That was embarassing, Mik clearly won that.

Im sorry did Monet really say "i'm from Brooklyn" And Jorgeous response was "i love foreigners" 🤣🤣.

i agree with everything you said. But i see the first snatch game being objectively angeria>Shannel>Jorgeous>Roxxy so they took the top 2 from each group to get the top 4.

4 hours ago, genetic fail said:

The bottom 2 from this episode would have been roxxy and Plastique, with vanjie being there if it was a btm 3 (jorgeous had a better performance than those 3, and better outfit than Vanjie (others you could debate)).

Last comment: Raven needs to stop with the tan. Its a no dog.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
On 5/22/2024 at 3:04 PM, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

what :deadbanana2:

See, I always knew stanning Tyra was CORRECT :clap3: A legend. F12.

• Like 1

Just watched… Nina overthinks drags race. That was such a bad lipsync :bibliahh:

also how did we get two furry run ways with this theme. 

Mik may have served on of the best snatch games and angeria was so close

vangie and Jorgeous seem like they are in a different season than everyone else 

Honestly prob the top 2 I would have picked, though Angeria and Shannel were pretty good as well

That lip sync was certainly a choice but Mik def won that hands down lmao

I enjoyed everyone honestly, even the ones that weren't the biggest standouts (Plastique/Vanjie/Jorgeous)

I LOVE plastique's character IRL. Sad to see her flop like that. Truly the Asian Snatch Game curse. Obviously she's just not funny like that, but maybe it's also a difference in culture? As in, they refuse to make fun of the person they're impersonating?

I wonder how the flopping snatch game Asian queens would've done had they picked a celebrity they disliked

help-

24 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

I LOVE plastique's character IRL. Sad to see her flop like that. Truly the Asian Snatch Game curse. Obviously she's just not funny like that, but maybe it's also a difference in culture? As in, they refuse to make fun of the person they're impersonating?

I wonder how the flopping snatch game Asian queens would've done had they picked a celebrity they disliked

Most of the girls (in general) are bad at snatch game. Then when you narrow down to Asian it's pretty low. Manila was good/fine but the plastiques and nymphias  just lowkey aren't the type to do well 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.