RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

“Comedy” queens like Amethyst are always such a waste of a spot. They start drag thinking they’re comedy geniuses so they don’t really care to polish their aesthetic cause that’s not their strength. Once they get there they bomb everything and you end up with an unfunny busted crossdresser.

spacer.png

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Should've been eliminated on the spot for this

0wbW8J0.gif

Oh this is nasty :sick:

11 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

Also Spice and Sugar played production with that lipsynch and sob story:

this was uploaded 2 years ago

their family and parents have been in multiple videos and they even turned their str8 brother into a drag queen and showed their parents

this whole “we didn’t tell our parents we did drag/went on drag race” is beyond fake lol

:deadbanana:

Mmh you don’t know how things were for them when they started doing drag, let’s not jump to conclusions too fast.

I wasn't expecting this lip sync to happen this early, but it was deserved.

Poor Aura. I think she did a decent job but Roople didn't get the references.

Loosey gave us one of the best Snatch Games of all time, if not the best. :clap3:i was impressed by how quick she was.

As much as I wanted Sugar/Spice to go further, they were CLEARLY the bottom 2 :skull:

talking over Ru in the snatch game, acting NOTHING like the ppl they were impersonating, didn’t land a single joke….SO so bad.

And their looks were boots this week. 

• ATRL Moderator

hmm i understand but disagree with the bottom judging.

i appreciate that spice went there with it. definitely could've been funnier if she'd gone through all of miley's eras or committed to a single one and the hammer made me scream :skull: 

sugar was definitely worse. i get what she was going for with interrupting the other queens but it just didn't work :rip:

aura was terrible and her runway was a boot

hated what salina did. it was fine until she revealed the pregnancy. i would've put her in the bottom with aura and placed sugar low.

the twins lipsync was inevitable but definitely feels premature, though i hope it leads to a good storyline for spice

loosey was the clear winner. mistress was hilarious too. marcia was great. i was pleasantly surprised by amethyst and it would've been sweet to give her a third high placement after two weeks in the bottom

I need to rewatch S14’s Snatch Game to decide which is the worst one, ‘cause this was one was painfully to watch. It’s probably less horrible of last year’s just because it was shorter.

Tbh, I mainly laughed only at Amethyst. Loosey would have been better at Dolly Parton, after Jimbo Joan Rivers should be an untouchable character a-la Paris Hilton, Judy Garland etc. Sasha was clearly edited out ‘cause she did poorly, most of them were just cringe as hell. I also appreciated Jax for the original choice.

The bottom 3 was rightly deserved, but I think they could have done even further with a bottom 6 and with two eliminations. 

Still, this season is lacking a lot compared to the very good premise of the talent show. Two back-to-back bad episodes is something we haven’t seen in a while. The short editing makes it even worse, ‘cause we barely get to know most of them, I miss the confessionals and the genuine interactions (not the scripted ones) between the queens. 

The runway was mostly cute but extremely pale when you think it was a horror-themed one, since they usually are some of the best runways (and a couple of international franchises delivered some of the best runways EVER with an horror them). 

24 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

Also them being belle and Ariel during the premiere cause their parents bought them Disney princess cakes for their B’day as children and they bought them their bratz dolls

I like them a lot but I was waiting to see if anyone pointed this stuff out... :toofunny2:

Sugar in her Watcha Packin' literally talks about getting dolls and stuff growing up but drag is too far? :rip:

1 minute ago, Witchpop said:

I like them a lot but I was waiting to see if anyone pointed this stuff out... :toofunny2:

Sugar in her Watcha Packin' literally talks about getting dolls and stuff growing up but drag is too far? :rip:

They definitely lied on the show or played it up for tv :skull:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Ghibli said:

Salina's dedication to not wearing anything presentable on the runway has to be admired I guess. 

SHE IS A MENACE. The ball better get her OUT!! :angry:

31 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

Also Spice and Sugar played production with that lipsynch and sob story:

this was uploaded 2 years ago

their family and parents have been in multiple videos and they even turned their str8 brother into a drag queen and showed their parents

this whole “we didn’t tell our parents we did drag/went on drag race” is beyond fake lol

:deadbanana:

To be fair, they didn't say they didn't tell their parents they do drag :rip: They said their parents had a negative reaction about their drag, made them feel embarrassed, etc., so they felt isolated. And honestly, looking at the parents' reaction in this video, I can see it :rip: They're only talking about Paprika looking scary, weird, etc. It's not like they're gagging.

Anyway, Paprika for season 16! :gaycat4:

I bet that Sasha probably did the worst out of everybody there. They never showed her character and in interviews she alluded to being bad at snatch game or having had struggled through it. I smell some very slick riggory happening right under our noses :foxaylove2:

Something about this episode feels very produced to me and that’s why the twins lipsyncing right now felt off…

Edited by Bicassie

57 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Girl, they already have almost 8 million followers on TikTok, I’m sure getting more was not the main reason they decided to audition for the show :skull:

They basically wanted to build relationships with other drag queens (considering they’ve basically only had each other to rely on) and get respect for what they do (since most people only see them as bedroom queen). Those are absolutely valid reasons in my opinion.

This is…a bit juvenile. Yes, Sugar and Spice can take the show less seriously because they already have a lucrative career that isn’t tied to whether or not they’re considered “good” drag queens. No, nobody just goes on a competition reality tv show to make friends.

8 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

I bet that Sasha probably did the worst out of everybody there. They never showed her character and in interviews she alluded to being bad at snatch game or having had struggled through it. I smell some very slick riggory happening right under our noses :foxaylove2:

Something about this episode feels very produced to me and that’s why the twins lipsyncing right now felt off…

Jax and Luxx getting 1 line also seem like obvious bombs that got lucky :skull: 

:ahh: the crazy drag race fans finally good for something 

2 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Jax and Luxx getting 1 line also seem like obvious bombs that got lucky :skull: 

The queens who never got showed were deliberately cut out:coffee2:

4 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

This cannot be real :deadbanana:

Y’all do know there’s always a girl or two that only gets 2 snatch game lines - and that’s with the longer episode times. Yeah those girls may have been lucky, but they also may have just been safe. They all at least have more than Aura, even in the little we saw. 

6 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Oop I think it’s a parody cause the other account was deleted 

Lux looked AMAZING btw, the whole idea and execution was exquisite. :heart:

22 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

This is…a bit juvenile. Yes, Sugar and Spice can take the show less seriously because they already have a lucrative career that isn’t tied to whether or not they’re considered “good” drag queens. No, nobody just goes on a competition reality tv show to make friends.

I mean, of course they were there because it’d get their name out there even more and they could possibly win 200k, but I don’t think those are the main reasons they did it. Considering the circumstances (like, even looking into their socials a few years back), I believe they were more interested in being part of a sisterhood and a community they never had because of where they grew up and started doing drag. They might’ve even said this in some interview, but since I’m not sure don’t quote me on it.

Edited by Hephaestus

29 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

i feel like that’s not really too crazy? like even exclusive to the show there’s a lot of examples of queens talking about how their families or boyfriends were fine with them being gay, but got icked out by drag stuff. even among gay men, there’s some who are unfortunately repulsed by drag and other gender non conforming stuff like that :chick3: so i believe them

3 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Lux looked AMAZING btw, the whole idea and execution was exquisite. :heart:

Yup, second best look of the night behind Sasha :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.