RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Morissette said:

Is Naysha proof that WoW can forgive girls who bad mouth them? Naysha has been trashing producers for years. Or is WoW just THAT desperate to cast All Stars since no one is rushing to do it? 

Is there room for Willam to mend bridges? :gaycat3:

The thing is, if WOW was that pressed at Naysha at any point, they woulda done something about Roscoe’s track record with booking girls the day of their eliminations. 

They don’t care about girls being bitter/heated at production. Willam however loves spreading tea that implies that production creates an unsafe and unethical working environment, which is a whole other issue.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

This Lipsync Assassin format is tired and never really worked that well actually. AS6 looks comparatively good than AS5 because it's composed with many great natural performers (TKB, Rajah, Silky, Kylie, Ginger).

It just doesn't gel well with the concept of All-Stars and redemption. Instead of putting bigger spotlight on these lesser queens, the show instead throws us more new queens. Like Pangina has bigger narrative than Darriene or Naysha in 2 episodes.

They should've just done regular season format, but instead there is a BOTTOM 3 and the winner could pick someone to save. That way, the losing queens can go all-out and there is still bigger drama / negotiations going on.

5 hours ago, Rotunda said:

She said she was the last one cast so she already knew who was on, and that she had 2 weeks to prepare everything (though that could be an exaggeration).

I’ll have to watch it. The last person I know of on all stars that had a similar situation was Ginger Minj (I believe it was AS2 but I may be mistaken). Generally all the queens have a few months to prepare. If she only had two weeks, im willing to show a little more grace towards her runways and performance. Even if she outsourced every runway prompt to a different designer/creator that’s a very rapid turnaround time on the production and she probably had to bring outfits already in her closet. Not saying that I think she would’ve gone much further if she’d had the full time to prepare but it definitely gives the other girls an unfair advantage. 

Have there been other documented cases of queens who were brought in last minute for an all stars/vs the World Series last minute?

59 minutes ago, Heirloom said:

This Lipsync Assassin format is tired and never really worked that well actually. AS6 looks comparatively good than AS5 because it's composed with many great natural performers (TKB, Rajah, Silky, Kylie, Ginger).

It just doesn't gel well with the concept of All-Stars and redemption. Instead of putting bigger spotlight on these lesser queens, the show instead throws us more new queens. Like Pangina has bigger narrative than Darriene or Naysha in 2 episodes.

They should've just done regular season format, but instead there is a BOTTOM 3 and the winner could pick someone to save. That way, the losing queens can go all-out and there is still bigger drama / negotiations going on.

Hold up… you may be on to something. If the judges have to decide on a bottom three in order of worst to least worst and the winner of a two contestant legacy lip sync gets to choose one to save… that would be some ****. A combination of a regular season and an all stars as far as eliminations go would be very interesting. 

1 minute ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Hold up… you may be on to something. If the judges have to decide on a bottom three in order of worst to least worst and the winner of a two contestant legacy lip sync gets to choose one to save… that would be some ****. A combination of a regular season and an all stars as far as eliminations go would be very interesting. 

I like this but I don’t really enjoy 3 in the bottom bc it would **** up everyone’s run similar to how as5 had juju in the bottom after killing snatch game when she deserved a win 

11 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Have there been other documented cases of queens who were brought in last minute for an all stars/vs the World Series last minute?

Kendall Gender was a last minute replacement for CanvsTW. It’s discussed at the Roscoe’s with her and Icesis.

I believe that Icesis shares a story about them using the same designer, and Icesis went to either pick up a look or work on a look, and the designer was freaking out because Kendall needed something last minute. 

14 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

I like this but I don’t really enjoy 3 in the bottom bc it would **** up everyone’s run similar to how as5 had juju in the bottom after killing snatch game when she deserved a win 

In that case Ru did the whole “if you aren’t in the top you’re in the bottom” creating a situation where there are still clear bottoms and tops. The same actually happened to Juju in UKvsTW where she probably would’ve been safe had they not done a top two and bottom four. If they created a season around this format and adjusted it as time went on to the winner of the lip sync can save one of the bottom two until you hit top 4 it’d accomplish the same thing.

This season of All Stars really should’ve been judged as a regular season. There are too many early/mid outs to really call a fair competition with some of the finalists. Kandy was runner up, Jimbo and Darienne were 4th, Alexis was 5th, and Jessica was 6th. Everyone else was early out. Jessica was on a season that only did a top 2 (Raven vs Tyra) so she was kinda a bit further away from the crown than Jimbo, Darienne, or Alexis who would’ve been eligible had they made it one more place in their original season. 

Spoiler

Fairly certain of my recollection of placing but if I’m wrong please correct me. 

16 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Kendall Gender was a last minute replacement for CanvsTW. It’s discussed at the Roscoe’s with her and Icesis.

I believe that Icesis shares a story about them using the same designer, and Icesis went to either pick up a look or work on a look, and the designer was freaking out because Kendall needed something last minute. 

I guess my line of questioning is this: if you know you’re a last minute queen and you know that you’re probably going to be early out then does the production team tell you that? With the fame game in effect, the queens all appear to have looks prepared for each brief. Three of the briefs were used in episode 1 so they’d really just have to have looks prepared for the remaining runways for episodes 2-9(ish)? Was Kendall told she was making an appearance for an episode or two tops? Or was she expected to show up ready to go?

54 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

In that case Ru did the whole “if you aren’t in the top you’re in the bottom” creating a situation where there are still clear bottoms and tops. The same actually happened to Juju in UKvsTW where she probably would’ve been safe had they not done a top two and bottom four. If they created a season around this format and adjusted it as time went on to the winner of the lip sync can save one of the bottom two until you hit top 4 it’d accomplish the same thing.

This season of All Stars really should’ve been judged as a regular season. There are too many early/mid outs to really call a fair competition with some of the finalists. Kandy was runner up, Jimbo and Darienne were 4th, Alexis was 5th, and Jessica was 6th. Everyone else was early out. Jessica was on a season that only did a top 2 (Raven vs Tyra) so she was kinda a bit further away from the crown than Jimbo, Darienne, or Alexis who would’ve been eligible had they made it one more place in their original season. 

Reveal hidden contents

Fairly certain of my recollection of placing but if I’m wrong please correct me. 

No I think you’re correct, but I mean in all fairness some of the early outs are impressing, kahana and jaymes are doing a good job so far as opposed to kandy who has faded somewhat so far so idk. This cast in general is just a bit of a miss to me overall but I mean it’s clear that the big stars don’t see any value returning so something has to change so that coming back to all stars would seem more attractive to them. Idk how they would do that, maybe a costume budget or different format. 

it’s wild to me that we have had so many stars come off the show recently that have not returned. Past s11 we really haven’t had much girls return from any season after that. We could easily have a cast of big players but they just don’t want to come back 

7 hours ago, Life Savers said:

A blue version of the look she went home in (for the second time) on season 8. Groundbreaking.

even the wig is similar  :deadbanana2:

16 hours ago, Bimbo said:

This ***** looks so **** now... pure Saweetie PÜSSY

9QrXTOb.png

GOD she's stunning

Naysha saying her drag aesthetic is similar to Kahana's :ahh:

7 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

The idea is here it's just not executed well. Lose the hair completely, do something massive like a huge white wig (oversized) to emphasize the drama and depth. Cover her entire face in those silver crystals on her shoe edges and let that be her makeup point of focus and give the look a center! Those same silver crystals should be a little more emphasized on the fingers and arms for balance. Lose the belt!!! The makeup, like I said needs to be going from the neck all the way into the hair like paint if you will. The jewelry is nice, it could be bigger this is drag! 

6/10

10/10 (with the eye and better styling, she does NOT have it)

this being her signature drag look is so concerning. it's a 'velvet' bodysuit with sparsely placed stones :deadvision:

And the King's guard wig doesn't go well with the outfit (or any outfit lbr) 

1 hour ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I guess my line of questioning is this: if you know you’re a last minute queen and you know that you’re probably going to be early out then does the production team tell you that? With the fame game in effect, the queens all appear to have looks prepared for each brief. Three of the briefs were used in episode 1 so they’d really just have to have looks prepared for the remaining runways for episodes 2-9(ish)? Was Kendall told she was making an appearance for an episode or two tops? Or was she expected to show up ready to go?

Oh I forgot a detail! Kendall was told she was an alternate beforehand, she just didn’t get the call that she was officially on until someone dropped out super late in the process, so that’s when she started rushing to prepare things. I assume Naysha was possibly in a similar situation but I don’t think the Roscoe’s clip indicates one way or another.

Production likely doesn’t tell them that they’re expected to leave early, but I’m sure they can surmise that if they were one of the favorites they would have been cast earlier.

37 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

No I think you’re correct, but I mean in all fairness some of the early outs are impressing, kahana and jaymes are doing a good job so far as opposed to kandy who has faded somewhat so far so idk. This cast in general is just a bit of a miss to me overall but I mean it’s clear that the big stars don’t see any value returning so something has to change so that coming back to all stars would seem more attractive to them. Idk how they would do that, maybe a costume budget or different format. 

it’s wild to me that we have had so many stars come off the show recently that have not returned. Past s11 we really haven’t had much girls return from any season after that. We could easily have a cast of big players but they just don’t want to come back 

There’s always been a criticism about queens who had just competed not really being able to evolve or grow. AS4 was kind of the exception since Monet and Mo Heart were able to get that glow up to enhance the talent they already had (Aja on AS3 was a similar situation but not to the same extent). AS6 had Jan who had just competed on season 12. AS7 was kind of a break because of the all winners factor.

I truly believe that this was supposed to be an early outs season. I bet that they had asked a bunch of early/mid outs to come back and they didn’t get the availability that they needed and started casting other queens. Might explain Naysha and maybe even Kandy (couldn’t stand her in S13 and I still don’t love her). Kandy is the highest placing queen to return but she was recently touring with Jimbo and Heidi so it’s probable that she was asked to come back after initial plans failed. Naysha (love her or hate her, she will always be down for a paycheck) was probably initially contacted and whatnot but was only told she was in after another queen dropped out.

This season seems to be super low budget and I also think that they’re using the runways to force their top 2/3/4 through since they’ve mentioned the challenges AND the runways as far as scoring goes. I kind of have to wonder if the Fame Game was introduced as a way to potentially compensate some last minute queens. I agree with it being there (we’ve heard stories about queens dropping a bunch of $$on looks that they never got to show) because it prevents having a Legends format but still gives the queens the ability to show the outfits and give the designers credit regardless of their placing. 

Didnt know about Kendall being a last minute alternate. Honestly, if production had told her “hey, we had a last minute drop out, would you be willing to appear for one episode and be guaranteed a spot in a future all stars season?” I’d have said yes on the spot. I don’t think Naysha had this kind of heads up hence her sounding bitter af. 

Why is everyone acting like Naysha is just making the Jaymes stuff up? During Roscoe's MKD says that Jaymes cried, couldn't learn the choreo, sat down and wanted to quit! She said that what was presented on tv, is not what happened in reality... they were THERE and witnessed it.

Why after all these years of production playing and lying straight to our faces would you believe the show's narrative now? 

I have NO doubt production is pushing Jaymes and everything Naysha is saying is true but y'all are calling her delusional.  :toofunny3:

The dog piling on Naysha is gross and uncalled for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, slimfem said:

Why is everyone acting like Naysha is just making the Jaymes stuff up? During Roscoe's MKD says that Jaymes cried, couldn't learn the choreo, sat down and wanted to quit! She said that what was presented on tv, is not what happened in reality... they were THERE and witnessed it.

Why after all these years of production playing and lying straight to our faces would you believe the show's narrative now? 

I have NO doubt production is pushing Jaymes and everything Naysha is saying is true but y'all are calling her delusional.  :toofunny3:

The dog piling on Naysha is gross and uncalled for.

Everyone knows Drag Race is produced with a certain edit. You’re going into it, knowing they can use anything against you to give you a certain edit. We know this, and Ruple literally made a song about it :skull: 

Naysha trying to “expose” drag race is nothing new. Girls do it literally every season. The only reason people are dogpiling on Pez is because she’s being a bitter betty who can’t own up to the fact she BOMBED the show twice now. To throw more salt in the wound, Sasha just won her strong season with ease and I can’t imagine what it must feel like to be below even Brooklyn :rip: 

Like, just own up to the fact you did bad or weren’t interesting enough to keep around. No need to throw these temper tantrums. 

• Like 1

rihannafan

Did I see Rihanna on Jimbo's dress?

Ngl Mrs Kasha Davis' exit line low-key made me tear up :sosad:

LaLa didn't deserve to be high tbh... Heidi was so much better

Kandy should've been in the bottom just to shake things up a bit :gayoncecat1:

Also GOD'Jah appearance tonight made me feel blessed... Jessica's edit is so great! She comes off with a lot of charisma and charm 

Not me coming into the thread as I wake up and being immediately spoiled :rip: why the hell do All-Stars episodes come out so early

• Like 1

The judging gave agenda once again. Im happy for Jessica and she rightfully won the lipsync, but I wouldnt have placed her in the Top at all. She was safe to me.

In my opinion, it shouldve been Kahana, Heidi and Lalarie in the Top. Jimbo was close, but I wasnt fully gagged by her looks

Kahanna and Heidi should have been in the top over Kandy's three same looks and Lala Ri

The moment JoJo comes in in Untucked :bibliahh:

Lala’s look she made was horrible???? I was so confused! 

the tops for me:

Kahana 

Heidi 

Jaymes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.