RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Do they film several winnes at the final or are we gonna know who wins on april 1st? 

Pp8ZEgP.gif

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CBC said:

Do they film several winnes at the final or are we gonna know who wins on april 1st? 

Pp8ZEgP.gif

They usually film each of the top 2 winning, but for those who read spoilers, we’ll know who doesn’t win (they won’t be top 2). 

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

They usually film each of the top 2 winning, but for those who read spoilers, we’ll know who doesn’t win (they won’t be top 2). 

perfect cuz if panetration makes top 2 we can stop watching 

Pp8ZEgP.gif

do you think they’d ever try to do a live finale now that they’re with mtv, who has experience with doing live televised events?

54 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

do you think they’d ever try to do a live finale now that they’re with mtv, who has experience with doing live televised events?

That would be SICKENING not gonna lie :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Magdalene said:

we should spam their social media with this. it'd breathe some new life into the franchise

1 hour ago, Magdalene said:

They wouldn’t be able to do their usual editing manipulation with a live show so they would never.

While Loosey obviously tried to throw a curveball at Luxx, Luxx did well with the makeup for the white lady (at least better than Mistress). Her issue was the garments and padding. 

Tbh Luxx was right about Loosey's drag but idk "generic" is a harsh word. Her drag character just seems less realised than the other queens that were left at the time. I think it was a fair criticism but could maybe have been worded better. 

2 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

This I agree with 100%.

HOWEVER, due to the castings of the ladies, it was VERY OBVIOUS that the goal of the producers was the make sure SOMEONE (namely Luxx) did not get an exact clone like EVERY OTHER PERSON did, how can no one see that?

Even if Luxx got the teacher who looked like her, Sasha wouldve gotten the other one, so it was always uneven to cast 99% clones and one random teacher.

true but much like just about every other scenario where this is the case, the hate gets directed at the queen and not production. truly the drag race fandom at large is so .. SO blind to the hand production plays in rigging the outcome of each season … i mean we as people who are participating so heavily in online discourse realize it, but i mean the drag race audience still has trouble figuring out who will go home each episode when it couldn’t be more obvious most of the time who has top/bottom placements by amount of confessionals alone. the media illiteracy is so real. but then there’s also people who are choosing to be willfully ignorant to things like this just so they can get another cheap drag in for a queen they don’t like (namely Loosey this season)

2 minutes ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

Tbh Luxx was right about Loosey's drag but idk "generic" is a harsh word. Her drag character just seems less realised than the other queens that were left at the time. I think it was a fair criticism but could maybe have been worded better. 

i think Loosey is fully realized , she’s just …. a queen stuck in like mid 2010’s style of drag. and there’s nothing wrong with that !!!!

imagine Loosey on seasons 5-9 ….. she would have easily made the finale. she doesn’t fit in with the current perception of drag which is more in like with queens like Luxx/Booger/Lice …. (imo, to the detriment of entertaining drag)

1 minute ago, qurl said:

i think Loosey is fully realized , she’s just …. a queen stuck in like mid 2010’s style of drag. and there’s nothing wrong with that !!!!

imagine Loosey on seasons 5-9 ….. she would have easily made the finale. she doesn’t fit in with the current perception of drag which is more in like with queens like Luxx/Booger/Lice …. (imo, to the detriment of entertaining drag)

I guess I see your point. I'm not saying she like didn't deserve top four or anything she had a strong track record and she didn't do terribly either time she was in the bottom. I'm just not excited by her drag at all. 

1 minute ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

I guess I see your point. I'm not saying she like didn't deserve top four or anything she had a strong track record and she didn't do terribly either time she was in the bottom. I'm just not excited by her drag at all. 

i get it. she’s the epitome of an entertaining bar queen. and we need those. i’m not going to a drag night to see someone like Luxx or Sugar or Spice on the mic ….. i would much rather see a seasoned professional like Loosey, but that type of queen doesn’t often (imo) translate into “next drag superstar” unless ur a Bianca or a Bob

the other girls can make tiktoks that they spend hours editing, rehearsing for, etc and that can be entertaining in its own right but …. idk i guess everyone has their niche. i never saw Loosey as anything other than an Alexis Michelle-type this season and that’s why i enjoyed her. 

1 minute ago, qurl said:

i get it. she’s the epitome of an entertaining bar queen. and we need those. i’m not going to a drag night to see someone like Luxx or Sugar or Spice on the mic ….. i would much rather see a seasoned professional like Loosey, but that type of queen doesn’t often (imo) translate into “next drag superstar” unless ur a Bianca or a Bob

the other girls can make tiktoks that they spend hours editing, rehearsing for, etc and that can be entertaining in its own right but …. idk i guess everyone has their niche. i never saw Loosey as anything other than an Alexis Michelle-type this season and that’s why i enjoyed her. 

Yeah I get ya and she was still very entertaining for all the drama and that. Maybe she will come across better on an all-stars season anyway. 

You would think Loosey is receiving oodles of death threats and getting curbstomped based on these essays :dies: 

She has a viral song right now, I think Loosey can endure some ATRL posts. Not to mention it was radio silence from some girls when Mistress, Malaysia and Salina were literally getting racist remarks, death threats and IG suspensions thrown their way. Literally Luxx and Loosey are giving us fun TV and people are making it out to be like Luxx is the one advocating for drag bans in the U.S. just to spite Loosey :dies: 

• ATRL Moderator

Bimini just debuted the video for "Rodeo" in her Discord. What a BOP :jonnycat:

Oh so THIS is why she won AS7, Jinx cleared this interview.

She hit a lot of nuances and hit them well.

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

You would think Loosey is receiving oodles of death threats and getting curbstomped based on these essays :dies: 

She has a viral song right now, I think Loosey can endure some ATRL posts. Not to mention it was radio silence from some girls when Mistress, Malaysia and Salina were literally getting racist remarks, death threats and IG suspensions thrown their way. Literally Luxx and Loosey are giving us fun TV and people are making it out to be like Luxx is the one advocating for drag bans in the U.S. just to spite Loosey :dies: 

what realistically is Loosey or anyone telling the drag race fandom to “stop being racist, stop sending death threats” going to do when it’s been happening regularly, like clockwork, and uninterrupted since season 4 ? Loosey also already said , same with Marcia, towards the beginning of the season to stop sending the girls hate as just about every white queen does at some point during their season , and it still does nothing. it will never do anything. it’s a performative gesture that certain parts of the fandom demand out of queens even though they know nothing can be said to or will ever actually stop it. it’s a disgusting inevitability that if ur a queen of color on drag race you will endure (hollow) death threats. i’m sure Loosey did get some too tho obviously not to the extent of Mistress, Luxx, or Malaysia

but after 11 years the idea that queens at some point have to give one of these pointless statements is running stale , and the idea that they’re racist enabling demons if they don’t say something or don’t say something quick enough to appease people is just silly (to ME!)

I don’t think they can do a live finale unless the queens just stay in one look the whole time :rip:

11 minutes ago, qurl said:

what realistically is Loosey or anyone telling the drag race fandom to “stop being racist, stop sending death threats” going to do when it’s been happening regularly, like clockwork, and uninterrupted since season 4 ? Loosey also already said , same with Marcia, towards the beginning of the season to stop sending the girls hate as just about every white queen does at some point during their season , and it still does nothing. it will never do anything. it’s a performative gesture that certain parts of the fandom demand out of queens even though they know nothing can be said to or will ever actually stop it. it’s a disgusting inevitability that if ur a queen of color on drag race you will endure (hollow) death threats. i’m sure Loosey did get some too tho obviously not to the extent of Mistress, Luxx, or Malaysia

but after 11 years the idea that queens at some point have to give one of these pointless statements is running stale , and the idea that they’re racist enabling demons if they don’t say something or don’t say something quick enough to appease people is just silly (to ME!)

I don’t care about Loosey making statements against the racism in the fanbase, that’s not what I was talking about. People acting like she’s a victim cause Luxx said she’s generic/people are making mean ATRL posts about her is laughable.

There’s a disproportionate amount of Luxx hate happening right now on socials— Loosey is not the victim despite how many, many people are painting her out to be so. Love your bar queens (although this was used as a pejorative against girls like Vanity for example so..) but to make Loosey out as some kind of martyr cause she got dusted by c*ntier queens like Luxx and Mistress is the entire reason why drag race has become so sanitized and boring.

4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I don’t care about Loosey making statements against the racism in the fanbase, that’s not what I was talking about. People acting like she’s a victim cause Luxx said she’s generic/people are making mean ATRL posts about her is laughable.

There’s a disproportionate amount of Luxx hate happening right now on socials— Loosey is not the victim despite how many, many people are painting her out to be so. Love your bar queens (although this was used as a pejorative against girls like Vanity for example so..) but to make Loosey out as some kind of martyr cause she got dusted by c*ntier queens like Luxx and Mistress is the entire reason why drag race has become so sanitized and boring.

well i don’t think she’s some martyr but i do see her being needlessly dragged online when i look under the girls tweets and such. and this thread has been proof that she wasn’t all that well received when really she was just there to provide entertainment and storyline for both Mistress and Luxx along their way to being in the top 4! that was obvious to me anyway watching the season

i again agree that Mistress and Luxx are bearing the brunt of hate this season as would be expected based on their archetype , but i don’t think the alternative should be to attack Loosey instead as some girls do … i think we should uplift them all and appreciate how this season has been so much more entertaining than the past couple bc of these girls !! and i do think Loosey will be received much better once we let this season age a lil bit, maybe not for her fashion but for what she brought to the season

16 minutes ago, qurl said:

well i don’t think she’s some martyr but i do see her being needlessly dragged online when i look under the girls tweets and such. and this thread has been proof that she wasn’t all that well received when really she was just there to provide entertainment and storyline for both Mistress and Luxx along their way to being in the top 4! that was obvious to me anyway watching the season

i again agree that Mistress and Luxx are bearing the brunt of hate this season as would be expected based on their archetype , but i don’t think the alternative should be to attack Loosey instead as some girls do … i think we should uplift them all and appreciate how this season has been so much more entertaining than the past couple bc of these girls !! and i do think Loosey will be received much better once we let this season age a lil bit, maybe not for her fashion but for what she brought to the season

I mean, I don’t think people should be hounding Loosey on her pages, and I don’t really see that but maybe I’m just not active enough on Loosey’s socials. But home girl seems like she’s getting really well received, especially with all the Let Loose memes and hype surrounding the remix. I agree she wasn’t received too well at first, but from Snatch Game onwards, people seemed to really start to gravitate towards her, or at least stay neutral.

She’s not getting a bad deal at all as far as Drag Race girls go. She made a name for herself, sure it was more of a delusional Alexis Michelle edit, but she’s basically on lock for an All Stars slot and she’ll be booked and busy. Idk I guess I just don’t see Loosey getting dragged at all, it’s almost all universal praise/robbed narrative which is pretty much the best outcome you could hope for on this show, possibly even more than winning (money aside). 

I agree with Coco/Chi Chi/Trinity, possibly Alyssa but her lipsyncs can be messy compared to the first three, same with Yvie but I don't really see it for Anetra. She's kind of Denali level for me, with Denali giving better lipsyncs and Anetra giving better stunts. 

The Peppermint, Kennedy and Monet erasure though. :sadviolin:

Edited by Relampago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.