RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

The funniest part about the girls trying to drag Mistress' makeover look is that Loosey made it. :deadvision:

Watch Roscoe's.

roxxxy.thumb.jpeg.f03cb0bf35d174307d6de0

her not even making is even worse :deadbanana2:

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DR0GO said:

What is the general consensus on Kylie winning AS6?

An underserving winner, Rajah was robbed

2 hours ago, Lexiel said:

Girl it's a little jump, and Marcia's probably the size of my thumb. Sasha's run cannot be overwritten by stunts. I don't care if miss Anetra actually sets her ***** on fire and leaps off a building into a coochie spread on her tailbone. 

So you’re saying that it’s rigged for Sasha then? :lakitu:

5 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

can we talk about how dark sasha paints? :rip: 

like her forehead contour was SEVERAL shades darker than her spray tane "skin" tone 

And the way she overlines her already huge botched lips

It’s to hide her hairline… it looks messy especially when they’re sitting in Untucked.

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Bob saying Luxx was accusing Loosey of weaponizing her race this week, wtf :skull:

Bob always takes things so far just to prove a point, if I were Monet I’d have to roll my eyes and keep it going.

He’s becoming so unbearable. Might just have to unsubscribe from Patreon. I wish Monet would just pull the bandaid off and start a new podcast with someone else, Bob is so insufferable :biblio: always loud and wrong. You can tell it pisses off Monet sometimes.

38 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

You just made a list agreeing with the users post lmao 

glad im not the only one who got that. i was confused for a sec :deadbanana2:

19 minutes ago, DR0GO said:

What is the general consensus on Kylie winning AS6?

greats gowns beautiful gowns 

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

What's the context? I didn't have the time to listen to the latest episode yet.

Bob was arguing that Luxx saying Loosey not giving her the only Black teacher was Luxx saying Loosey is weaponizing Luxx’s race against her, and that type of language is what causes Drag Race girls to get attacked online. Monet was just saying that Loosey was being slightly shady in a competitive way and it wasn’t that deep for Luxx or Loosey.

The gag is that Bob was saying Malaysia has her right to call Luxx and Mistress bullies after Luxx said that type of accusation gets POC girls bullied online. Bob has kind of been giving me anti-Luxx/MIB teas and I think it’s just cause Monet likes them, which is all good and fine but he gets so crazy with it sometimes :skull: 

26 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Gowns? You mean bOdY

spacer.png

amazing body... incredible body :jonny5:

I feel like Kylie winning is just an example of how storyline matters the most in All Stars. You can stomp every challenge, but if you don’t have the narrative to win, it’s a wrap for you. Producers will do whatever it takes to get the storyline winner to the end.

Idk how Kylie “won” that last lipsync, she just fell and rolled. We didn’t even see Rajah for more than 2 seconds at a time :skull: 

https://youtu.be/L-8n8o-ftMU

I'm glad someone isn't afraid to say Sasha should've been in the bottom. If they were TRULY splitting hairs, Sasha should've sent Luxx home. But alas, this is a TV show and it needs drama so Loosey Vs. Luxx is what we got.

Also glad BQ pointed out how bad both did in the lipsync. Truth prevails! :clap3:

Edited by DivaDown

22 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I feel like Kylie winning is just an example of how storyline matters the most in All Stars. You can stomp every challenge, but if you don’t have the narrative to win, it’s a wrap for you. Producers will do whatever it takes to get the storyline winner to the end.

Idk how Kylie “won” that last lipsync, she just fell and rolled. We didn’t even see Rajah for more than 2 seconds at a time :skull: 

Her storyline was very forced though. Every time she fell in the bottom everyone would be like "omg how can we send Kylie home she's been doing so well" and she only did like... Average at best? Idk what her narrative even was. While Rajah had the best rudemption storyline since Roxxxy Andrews 

Kylie is a lovely person but she... sucks :skull: Her winning a challenge that she performed the worst in (AHS Acting). A joke.

49 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Bob was arguing that Luxx saying Loosey not giving her the only Black teacher was Luxx saying Loosey is weaponizing Luxx’s race against her, and that type of language is what causes Drag Race girls to get attacked online. Monet was just saying that Loosey was being slightly shady in a competitive way and it wasn’t that deep for Luxx or Loosey.

The gag is that Bob was saying Malaysia has her right to call Luxx and Mistress bullies after Luxx said that type of accusation gets POC girls bullied online. Bob has kind of been giving me anti-Luxx/MIB teas and I think it’s just cause Monet likes them, which is all good and fine but he gets so crazy with it sometimes :skull: 

Got it, thanks! :bird:

I think this is a tricky and nuanced topic and ultimately both things can be true at once. Yes, Loosey was definitely being strategic by not pairing up Luxx with the black teacher (and she admitted it in Untucked too), but it's not like she assigned her to a light skinned queen either (especially since it actually made sense to match her with Sasha visually). It's also true that queens have to be particularly careful with language because of how toxic the fandom is, so Luxx implying that there was a racial motive behind the decision is a little dangerous in this case and I'm sure she knows it since she brought up not throwing words like "bullying" around lightly. It's not like her getting an asian or latina partner would've changed anything at the end of the day. As another user pointed out though, maybe we should point the finger at the fact they cast a teacher that was already very resembling of every queen in the competition except for Luxx. That's f*cked up to be honest.

I also believe Malaysia has the right to say Luxx and Mistress were being bullies to her because it's all about perception. It's fun to discuss who's right or wrong in these situations and it clearly shouldn't result in queens getting harassed online or in real life, but if someone is feeling some type of way it shouldn't be invalidated or shrugged off either because of it. I personally enjoy Luxx and Mistress' messiness, but I can totally see why who's at the receiving end of it would feel like they're getting bullied. There's probably some truth behind Bob being messy just to because Monét stans them though, she's always playing contrarian for the sake of it.

23 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Her storyline was very forced though. Every time she fell in the bottom everyone would be like "omg how can we send Kylie home she's been doing so well" and she only did like... Average at best? Idk what her narrative even was. While Rajah had the best rudemption storyline since Roxxxy Andrews 

Exactly. It was so frustrating that Ginger and Kylie were never once actually considered for elimination by the girls. Somehow Ginger gaslit everyone into thinking that she was the front runner while Kylie was a sacred cow to everyone. 

TKB would’ve easily been Top 2 for Drag Tots and the Monologues in the old All Stars rules. Meanwhile Kylie had the worst Drag Tot look while Ginger gave that awful fake story. 

It’s been mentioned before but the biggest fumble in AS6 was that the S11 girls didn’t form an alliance and get rid of Jan/Ginger or Jan/Kylie instead of Silky and Scarlet. 

• ATRL Moderator
18 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

TKB would’ve easily been Top 2 for Drag Tots and the Monologues in the old All Stars rules.

if you say this though you can't disregard that kylie would've probably been top two for the ball, snatch game, and the monologues (she got better critiques than trinity i think, esp with runway factored) to end up with four wins

The only person who was truly robbed of top placements due to the LSA format change in All Stars is Alexis “The Legend” Mateo. The way she would have been top 2 in basically every episode but didn’t get 1 win is horrible. 

3 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

You just made a list agreeing with the users post lmao 

No, my autocorrect messed up that post. I meant that queens who got early wins are predetermined top4s. Ru is not really impressed by them, he just acts like he was impressed.

49 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Exactly. It was so frustrating that Ginger and Kylie were never once actually considered for elimination by the girls. Somehow Ginger gaslit everyone into thinking that she was the front runner while Kylie was a sacred cow to everyone. 

TKB would’ve easily been Top 2 for Drag Tots and the Monologues in the old All Stars rules. Meanwhile Kylie had the worst Drag Tot look while Ginger gave that awful fake story. 

It’s been mentioned before but the biggest fumble in AS6 was that the S11 girls didn’t form an alliance and get rid of Jan/Ginger or Jan/Kylie instead of Silky and Scarlet. 

Right? :skull: The only time Ginger deserved to win anything was Snatch Game (but even then Kylie did better, funnily enough). She honestly shouldn't have been cast at all, I get it with the AS1 girls because AS1 was a flop but getting cast after doing AS2 was just inexcuseable.

• ATRL Moderator

~fantasy~ legacy format wins. i kept the original episode winners even if i disagreed and mostly used the high placement i thought got 'second place' critiques. i used their actual lipstick choices too even if these track records might have changed them (eg alexis survives the ball)

i gave alexis a high for snatch game bc i was pressed :fan: she could've won over juju too i gues. i gave her the win for the hotel rooms solely because of the bottle pop, and it wouldn't have made sense to pick one of mayhem or blair without just giving them the win :rip: blair could also have taken girl groups from juju

eureka could've won the ball over kylie and jan maybe could've taken the acting challenge from ginger but ru hates her so she wouldn't do that (other than to see jan embarrass herself to dirrty). i see eureka beating kylie to good golly but i don't see producers wanting to crown kylie with only one lipsync win so i made it a double. 

I hope that Malaysia learned something from this experience, because she looks rightt 

1 hour ago, bestfiction said:

her storyline was about her transformation as well as the show and society overall when it comes to transsexuality ig. She had participated what 10 years before? left early, was male presenting and found out she was trans on the show or at least announced it there when she was leaving (i cant recall 100%) all this during a time when the girls were all saying the t word, women weren't allowed to participate and every episode started with "oooh you got [female pronoun-email]" hence why she used it as her entrance line. She was aligned with the show's progress and it was the perfect redemption for ru's problematic past about not having trans contestants on the show imo

56 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Totally agree and it's still so weird!!! S11 had the advantage and could've basically guaranteed a s11 top 4 :deadbanana2:

Omg Malaisya looks so good :eek: :clap3:

9 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

~fantasy~ legacy format wins. i kept the original episode winners even if i disagreed and mostly used the high placement i thought got 'second place' critiques. i used their actual lipstick choices too even if these track records might have changed them (eg alexis survives the ball)

i gave alexis a high for snatch game bc i was pressed :fan: she could've won over juju too i gues. i gave her the win for the hotel rooms solely because of the bottle pop, and it wouldn't have made sense to pick one of mayhem or blair without just giving them the win :rip: blair could also have taken girl groups from juju

eureka could've won the ball over kylie and jan maybe could've taken the acting challenge from ginger but ru hates her so she wouldn't do that (other than to see jan embarrass herself to dirrty). i see eureka beating kylie to good golly but i don't see producers wanting to crown kylie with only one lipsync win so i made it a double. 

This is pretty accurate to how the judging went down. But as you say, there were some nonsense decisions from the judges like Akeria BTM2 and Eureka High in the Super Bowl episode. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.