RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

This thread obsessively hates on some queens for whatever reason, they don’t need to resort to skin color to do it. I’ve actually never seen Jorgeous’ race being used or even hinted as an argument ever (what does it have to do with her flopping at almost all of the challenges anyway?), people are probably just annoyed at her being saved on multiple occasions just because Ru liked her (which also happened with a few other queens in recent years).

There are definitely cases where there’s a racist undertone behind some users’ comments, but I genuinely believe this is not one of them.

Can we also be specific on when jorgeous was saved, because i feel this has been used too much without context. Jorgeous was put in the bottom 6/12 episodes she was featured in. She lipsynced 5 times against three members of the top 5 and was not allowed to send any of those girls home (and was only allowed to send one girl home in five lipsyncs). Two of the bottoms she could have possible been safe (roast with a random bottom 3, and snatch game with preplanned btm 7). Out of the six times she wasnt in the bottom, she had:

1. Talent Show: Deserved top, (and if Ru wanted a payola win, should have given it to her here of all places.

2. Ball: Deserved High/could’ve been a high safe. (This is where the hate began too).

3. Super Tease: Low safe/bottom 3, . I would have put her btm 3. Put Kerri and Kornbread btm 2 and Alyssa safe.

4. Design Challenge: Undeserved win, should have been safe. But Kerri was put as safe as well when she should have been in the btm 2.

5. Daytona wins: She was only put as high because everyone else was put as high as well. If we were doing btm 2, she would have been a deserved safe, and this was to save Angeria, Kerrie and Deja. Yet yall complained about her getting less instruction than the AS6 winner on her only challenge win.

6. Girl Groups: Deserved safe. Most of yall complained she should have been in the bottom due to her wig when … production gave her the wig to wear for the challenge.

Lets also not forget how much yall dragged her for wearing a bra and panty set twice, and we lived through that forever, then Bosco wore the same outfit four weeks in a row and we were inudated with “Bosco is poor, we should feel for the queens.”

The actual most payolaed queens this season are Willow, Angeria, and Bosco. Moreso than Jorgeous. Jorgeous track record ended up being exactly what it should have been with two underserved btms, one underserved win that could have been safe, one safe that could have been a bottom.

Bosco literally lost 4 lipsyncs and has two underserved wins, so where was the same reaction.

Angeria should have been in the btm two two extra times (like how symone had her two btms and fought her way into the competition). 

Willow’s payola is weird because while she did have it, like Jorgeous, production ended up balancing it out. So Willow ended up where she should have been. 

Writing this I also realized Kerrie was saved from two btms, but she is also trans excellence so we forgive her.

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

SHOOT

This is so elevated and gorgeous, this makes me stan a bit.

Kornbread.jpg

Edited by satellites.™

10 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Can we also be specific on when jorgeous was saved, because i feel this has been used too much without context. Jorgeous was put in the bottom 6/12 episodes she was featured in. She lipsynced 5 times against three members of the top 5 and was not allowed to send any of those girls home (and was only allowed to send one girl home in five lipsyncs). Two of the bottoms she could have possible been safe (roast with a random bottom 3, and snatch game with preplanned btm 7). Out of the six times she wasnt in the bottom, she had:

1. Talent Show: Deserved top, (and if Ru wanted a payola win, should have given it to her here of all places.

2. Ball: Deserved High/could’ve been a high safe. (This is where the hate began too).

3. Super Tease: Low safe/bottom 3, . I would have put her btm 3. Put Kerri and Kornbread btm 2 and Alyssa safe.

4. Design Challenge: Undeserved win, should have been safe. But Kerri was put as safe as well when she should have been in the btm 2.

5. Daytona wins: She was only put as high because everyone else was put as high as well. If we were doing btm 2, she would have been a deserved safe, and this was to save Angeria, Kerrie and Deja. Yet yall complained about her getting less instruction than the AS6 winner on her only challenge win.

6. Girl Groups: Deserved safe. Most of yall complained she should have been in the bottom due to her wig when … production gave her the wig to wear for the challenge.

Lets also not forget how much yall dragged her for wearing a bra and panty set twice, and we lived through that forever, then Bosco wore the same outfit four weeks in a row and we were inudated with “Bosco is poor, we should feel for the queens.”

The actual most payolaed queens this season are Willow, Angeria, and Bosco. Moreso than Jorgeous. Jorgeous track record ended up being exactly what it should have been with two underserved btms, one underserved win that could have been safe, one safe that could have been a bottom.

Bosco literally lost 4 lipsyncs and has two underserved wins, so where was the same reaction.

Angeria should have been in the btm two two extra times (like how symone had her two btms and fought her way into the competition). 

Willow’s payola is weird because while she did have it, like Jorgeous, production ended up balancing it out. So Willow ended up where she should have been. 

Writing this I also realized Kerrie was saved from two btms, but she is also trans excellence so we forgive her.

Girl, breathe. I literally corrected myself in the follow up to that post:

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

It’s true that she didn’t get necessarily saved, bad choice of words on my part. It’s true though that Ru has shown a lot of grace for her several times to the point it became almost a parody because no other queen in the cast got the same treatment. That, for me, is what alienated a lot of people from her more than anything else.

Also Bosco got her fair share of lashings too lately, both for her wardrobe and absurd amount of production pushes, let’s not act clueless. Angeria and Willow didn’t get a lot of backlash because they’re loved, but got some payola as well. Crazy how Camden is the only one to get to the top 5 absolutely on her own. For that alone, she should win.

15 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

SHOOT

This is so elevated and gorgeous, this makes me stan a bit.

Kornbread.jpg

That’s amazing! :eek:

23 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Uhm I don’t know, it’d feel weird considering she already hosts Watcha Packin’. Symone could be a possibility, but I’m not sure how booked she is in the following months.

I wonder if they’re willing to fly Blu to LA to film them. In any case, I hope it won’t be a webcam thing like they do with España, that would be tragic :skull:

Cant wait to find out soon

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Girl, breathe. I literally corrected myself in the follow up to that post:

Also Bosco got her fair share of lashings too lately, both for her wardrobe and absurd amount of production pushes, let’s not act clueless. Angeria and Willow didn’t get a lot of backlash because they’re loved, but got some payola as well. Crazy how Camden is the only one to get to the top 5 absolutely on her own. For that alone, she should win.

Lol sis chill. My post is less than all of your post combined on this matter. ?

Im just at the point too many people (not just you) keep saying that Ru saved her several times, but literally there are only two times that Ru may have showed her grace in 12 episodes, less than everyone whose name isnt Camden. The post is only long because i ran through the season so someone (you or someone else) can reference what other six episodes Jorgeous should have bottomed. 

3 hours ago, alfonso12 said:

I think she said she wasn't coming back to any other drag race season, but I might be wrong.

Nah, it's just that Jorgeous is a flop at everything except for dancing. 

She said she wasn’t coming back and that it wasn’t her decision.

Wouldve been such a great time for Kerry to prove how ***** she is and paint herself blue like Thanos.

Some girls just dont know how to strike when the iron is hot.

4e007a9ed5e8e7a3a521fec282cca53c.jpg

2 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Lol sis chill. My post is less than all of your post combined on this matter. ?

Im just at the point too many people (not just you) keep saying that Ru saved her several times, but literally there are only two times that Ru may have showed her grace in 12 episodes, less than everyone whose name isnt Camden. The post is only long because i ran through the season so someone (you or someone else) can reference what other six episodes Jorgeous should have bottomed. 

Girl, WHERE? Excluding today, I’ve never commented on Jorgeous that much even before the reset, you must be confusing me with someone else :psyduck:

As I said, it’s not right to say she was saved because that wasn’t always the case and even if/when it was is not more that the rest of the cast, but she got way more love from Ru than any other queen and that’s simply undeniable. Even when she failed to do an impression on the spot in the workroom, Ru brushed it off as nothing when it’s a know fact that she judges queens very harshly when they are unable to do an impression.That’s where (I think) most of the hate comes from. Not that it’s justifiable, but at  least it doesn’t root itself in racism which was implied by another user when this conversation started.

9 minutes ago, KaledKalil said:

Not Kerri dressing up as Thanos 

W7RL34H.png

Love that she recreated the meme…

8 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Wouldve been such a great time for Kerry to prove how ***** she is and paint herself blue like Thanos.

Some girls just dont know how to strike when the iron is hot.

4e007a9ed5e8e7a3a521fec282cca53c.jpg

… But I agree with this as well.

56 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Ate them up.

At least the small payola cheques Jorgeous got were put to good use (keeping her around so we get a season full of entertaining lipsyncs). Why did we keep Bosco around? For her to steal 3 wins, use the payola chocolate and wear the same outfit every week? THAT is what we call useless payola. 

Not to mention Deja treading water the entire season, basically going under everyone’s radar because she brought borderline nothing to the season. 

Or Kerri, who while gorgeous and lovely, cannot act, lipsync, sew, design, etc. Should have been gone 2 episodes in. 

Orion and Daya getting eliminated and literally brought back for absolutely no reason?

There’s just so many examples of payola, but Jorgeous is the only one people swear gets the most. Ru liked her and she got one payola win but that was literally the extent of it :skull: 

too many posts 

Edited by Relampago.
oops

too many posts

Edited by Relampago.
oops

too many posts 

Edited by Relampago.
oops

too many posts

Edited by Relampago.
oops

too many posts 

Edited by Relampago.
oops

too many posts

Edited by Relampago.
oops

too many posts

Edited by Relampago.
oops

too many posts

Edited by Relampago.
oops

too many posts

Edited by Relampago.
oops

too many posts 

Edited by Relampago.
oops

Omg. I did not mean to post that many times, the submit button wasn’t working. :skull: 

Stan Kornbread giving us her 2nd great look of the season though. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.