RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Draper. said:

So what? Alaska’s 4 wins were fair, she had the best track record. You could argue that Alaska deserved a bottom placement in the herstory of the world challenge -which she did-,but if they put Ginger there instead of her was not in Alaska’s favour. It was so Katya wouldn’t be kicked out, but Katya stans don’t wanna see that. :rip:

As a Katya stan I agree with that. But I don’t think they wanted to risk losing Katya OR Alaska.

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall still arguing about this. You guys are just feeding each other at this point. Agree to disagree and move on.

spacer.png

Just now, TheOnlyOne said:

Monet wins the 3 most vital and relevant challenges to a drag career: a song, going viral, displaying your talent

ATRL: ”Monet flew under the radar compared to the other queens, is underwhelming, only good at lipsyncing and is successful only by affiliation”

:skull:

And that's not even counting the actual riggory of being snubbed in the girl group challenge, being consistently high, giving the best lipsynchs the whole season. But hey, she's just a success-parasite.

2 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

The OMH have to believe their own lies - success by affiliation, black people are the same Monet is Bob 2.0, she did crap in AS7 despite arguably having a better track record than Jinkx :rip: 

Haven’t you heard that highs on THIS season don’t count even though they use Jinkx having a bunch of highs on S5 to prove how great she was?

:rip:

Monet/Jinkx arguments the new Katya/Alaska, Yvie/Brooke, Trixie/Shangela/Kennedy/Dela :rip: 

Edited by Serendipity

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Haven’t you heard that highs on THIS season don’t count even though they use Jinkx having a bunch of highs on S5 to prove how great she was?

:rip:

And the way Jinkx has been on the bottom more than once this season and would have lost a lip-synch for your life if it came to it, and based on how her cast feel about her and the producers favouritism, would have been eliminate by a lipstick too. 

ezgif-1-188d58e2c5.thumb.gif.2468e5b9b23

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Girl, you know just as well as me that Monet has been on that hate cycle with Trixie. It would shift from Trixie, to Monet, to Trinity, and occasionally Shea. This Monet hate didn’t start with AS7, it’s been ever present in this thread for well over a year now. And there has never been a Trixie hate train like the one seen for Monet. Have you ever seen gifs, essays, discourse, etc written against Trixie like that? And by such a wide variety of users? Trixie drags usually end with a few sentences, people actively remembered to write their hate essays about Monet even days later. 

And sure, I know a lot of people hate TOO in here, but that’s why I made the distinction that even the demure Monet stans get lashed in here for stanning Monet. Users who really never engage in arguments got caught up in it this season simply because the rabid anti-Monet train came in hard. 

I don’t know how the mods assign out warnings, but I don’t think there’s much wrong with addressing anti-blackness which is prevalent in this fanbase. It’s hard to warn someone when it’s an opinion anyways. I will say that even though I don’t call everyone racist in this thread, only when I see blatant examples of it (calling Jorgeous/Jaida uneducated or saying Monet only won cause she’s black for example), it’s sometimes hard to weed out who actually is/isn’t peddling racist conversations tbh. So I usually just stray away from it cause it always starts pages and pages of conversations like this, but I really can’t fault someone for calling it out repeatedly either.

And honestly, I would like to say that I think the mods are doing a fairly good job of moderating because both sides say the same thing about how the mods aren’t doing enough, so they’re doing a pretty good job of keeping a neutral stance on both sides. Neither side seems to be favored over the other.

I don't agree with the first part. I don't remember a substantial hate train for Monét before AS7 but it's no use to argue who gets more hate anyway because it's deranged behaviour that shouldn't happen to begin with.

Regarding the rest let me say this: no, calling someone racist is not just an opinion. If that's the line of thinking, comments about people being dumb or losers would fall in the same category and we all know that's not the case. I agree that mods are doing a good job, but stuff like this is not ok and shouldn't go unnoticed.

That's all I have to say about this for today, I really don't have the energy to keep fighting only for someone to call me racist because I brought the attention to (some) people who read spoilers' bias towards queens that ends up ruining the fun for who goes into the season unspoiled, which has been an issue for as long as I can remember.

10 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Yall still arguing about this. You guys are just feeding each other at this point. Agree to disagree and move on.

spacer.png

Another underrated legend, James FKA Tyra :clap3: As much as I’d love to see her come back and stomp, I just know she would be received poorly and the fans would drag her endlessly. Destined to become the Monet of AW2, except probably with even more vitriol towards her. 

If James would ever like to come back to drag, I will be waiting there with open arms!

Also I’m going to keep this short and sweet as I don’t want to get involved in this seemingly never ending drama but:

You don’t have to like Monet, Shea, Jaida whoever but please don’t try and deny that there is a huge race problem in drag race, the fandom and this thread even. 

We are all entitled to our opinions and having differing opinions can make this thread fun but if you’re finding yourself typically drawn to and supporting white queens over QOC I recommend checking yourself and your subconscious (or conscious) bias towards white queens.

I find it hard to believe that a fair number of the users relentlessly lashing Monet wasn’t driven by some deep rooted anti-blackness, as a number of those users seem to only **** on and critique black queens while praising white queens however I do agree that not every single post and opinion has something to do with race and it does get tired having to sit through this debate every single week when we all know none of y’all are changing your stance.

I do just encourage the users here and the wider fanbase to continue to highlight the issue of racism in the fandom, even if that means uplifting queens of colour more and to report comments that contain subtle or blatant racist undertones in this thread.

I do hope one day this will no longer be this threads main discussion point and there is a more equitable balance of opinions and less racism so people can state their opinion without it turning into a 10 page fight between the same 4 users.   

Oh yes, let me congratulate Jinxy. :rockon:

THE WINNER OF ALL WINNERS.

423802.jpg

23 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

And the way Jinkx has been on the bottom more than once this season and would have lost a lip-synch for your life if it came to it, and based on how her cast feel about her and the producers favouritism, would have been eliminate by a lipstick too. 

ezgif-1-188d58e2c5.thumb.gif.2468e5b9b23

Tea but the babybois at World of White wouldve just rigged those lipsyncs too I fear

Reminder that Jinkx’s lipsync “wins” include:

- Changing the song last minute to a song she’d been singing all season long so Detox wouldn’t wipe the floor with her

- Editing out her falling on her face after a botched cartwheel to justify her win

- Completely ruining the last lipsync of the season to feebly attempt to make Monet’s massacre look as devastating 

spacer.png

Also, celebrating our great Black winners of RPDR:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

And our amazing AS winners:

spacer.png

spacer.png

And our Black queens robbed of their wins:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Imagine a single season with all this excellence. I….:WAP:

7 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: 

Such TALENT across the board. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Serendipity said:

And maybe Asia is winning by staying off AS if this is what she'd have to face 

mooo.gif

you mentioned asia out of nowhere. confirmed for as8? spoilers????????

--

can you overpraise one of the all time best runs on drag race? monét owned the season from girl groups on in every aspect (challenges, runways, lipsyncs)

23 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Another underrated legend, James FKA Tyra :clap3: As much as I’d love to see her come back and stomp, I just know she would be received poorly and the fans would drag her endlessly. Destined to become the Monet of AW2, except probably with even more vitriol towards her. 

If James would ever like to come back to drag, I will be waiting there with open arms!

If James ever performs drag again, i will literally fly to wherever he is to see him perform and tip him $1k. Yall think im joking. I sent money to his Dragdads project and im not mad it didnt get off the ground. Just sad he loat his son during the project, listened to WOW and moved to Cali just for WOW to ignore him over that two time payolaed loser. The fact that they gave Raven a chance to win:

spacer.png

Fans tried to justify she won the lipsync with this move:

spacer.png
spacer.png

When Tyra was literally Yvie before Yvie did drag:

spacer.png

I will forever stan King James, and if she comes back, Queen Tyra.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Tell that to the multiple girls here who said stanning Monet was “suspicious” and we have no reason to like her other than reading spoilers :rip:

So it’s all shits and giggles or me having the audacity to put THEE in front of Symone’s name is pretentious? Which one is it?

I know damn well me stanning Monet as hard as I do made the hate train here bigger. That’s not a me problem. That’s a problem for every person who hates seeing a black queen get praise SO much that it triggers them into a state of hate and bashing a queen over and over.   I found Utica to be annoying obnoxious and mostly untalented and you know what I did when all the spammed gifs were happening over and over? Paid it dust. Not created my own gifs to trash her and post about her nonstop. 

Miss ma’am, I can assure you people would be as annoyed even if you wrote your essays about the whitest queen of them all.

6 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Miss ma’am, I can assure you people would be as annoyed even if you wrote your essays about the whitest queen of them all.

That’s funny cause right after I made my Symone posts for her reign ending that got people annoyed, pressed and angry, another poster did the *exact* same for Bimini right after, even stating they were inspired by my Symone post and NO ONE said a single thing about it. 

A Monet hater being wrong yet again? No shock there

spacer.png

1 minute ago, TheOnlyOne said:

A Monet hater being wrong yet again? No shock there

I literally said Monét was my favorite this season :toofunny3: But thanks for proving my point.

9 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I literally said Monét was my favorite this season :toofunny3: But thanks for proving my point.

You mean the same post that you admitted to wanting to see Monet fail? :ahh:

As I said, a Monet hater being wrong yet again? No shock there

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

You mean the same post that you admitted to wanting to see Monet fail? :ahh:

Yeah, the same post I said I wanted to see her fail because her fans (you) were annoying the hell out of me (and 90% of the thread it seems).

TOO is this thread I’m sorry :deadbanana4: It would be the same trite arguments with no flavor without ha

1 hour ago, Weld_E said:

This thread is becoming unbearable :rip:

It truly is :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.