RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

The stans of the non-winner material/non-QoAQ winner aka a loser Monet X Change going through it. Cope ladies, cope.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111af61cc2442dc25808

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CroNich said:

I’d love to see an all stars with all runner ups/finalists/robbed queens, you could have:

Katya

Detox

Shangela

Bimini

Peppermint

Roxxxy

Adore

Pearl

Trinity K Bonet

Gigi Goode

Crystal Method

Naomi

this isnt meant to be a read towards you specifically kgjfjd but this kinda reminds me of those posts that are like "we need a drag race LEGENDS season, with all the biggest icons who didnt win!1!" that usually have casts including detox/katya/adore/shangela/kennedy/latrice/manila/naomi/monique/jujubee/alexis/etc, and its like...say you hate that all stars ever started including early outs without saying that :rip:

25 minutes ago, Edge Of Glory said:

this isnt meant to be a read towards you specifically kgjfjd but this kinda reminds me of those posts that are like "we need a drag race LEGENDS season, with all the biggest icons who didnt win!1!" that usually have casts including detox/katya/adore/shangela/kennedy/latrice/manila/naomi/monique/jujubee/alexis/etc, and its like...say you hate that all stars ever started including early outs without saying that :rip:

Fair but I’d be just as excited for an early out season! A lot of those queens deserve a second chance! Especially queens like Kahmora, Jaymes, Laila, Kelly Mantle etc I just think it would be cool to have a season of its queens who just missed out on the crown or who were considered robbed so one of them can finally claim the crown.

Also generally All Stars means the best and most memorable from an existing season, and I think drag race has over saturated itself by having too many all stars seasons so there are always now queens that I don’t really care to see again. 

Edited by CroNich

My next all star wish list:

Bob

Alaska

Alyssa

Detox

Roxxy

Coco

Symone

Sasha

I’d rather have rolaskatox back instead of first outs

12 minutes ago, FinleyGates said:

My next all star wish list:

Bob

Alaska

Alyssa

Detox

Roxxy

Coco

Symone

Sasha

I’d rather have rolaskatox back instead of first outs

Alyssa said she'd come back for a US vs The World, but they definitely need to up the prize for these girls.

4 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Holy f+ck. 

Legenddd

4 hours ago, karron0624 said:

This is because “spoiler alert” the OG top two announced was Jaida and Yvie. No one new Raja was top two until the week before the episode. You can go to the spoiler sub on reddit and see everyone freaking out on how Jaida wasnt top 2 anymore. Thats why the comparison is dumb. Since the beginning it was known it was Jinx vs Monet to Swish Swish, and Jaida vs Yvie to an unknown, probably Pop song. When the episode got edited, the tea was changed to say Jinx vs Monet in a heavily edited lipsync and Raja vs Yvie. Their point also doesnt make sense since, spoiler alert, certain members commented about that change in the spoiler thread when it was announced. ?

Ot

: I do think its false for some of you to say you stan black excellence when you drag Jaida and also wete counting on the fact Shea would get the brunt of hate for the three star twist in the spoiler thread to take away from any hate from Monet. It seems hypocritical to call out someone for not liking monet while some of you very proudly dislike and shade two other black queens. Pot meet kettle.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c48bd492d4ae2041c8

Ot: Not everyone can know what it’s like to be a black excellence queen and dominate the whole competition giving Ru no choice but to crown them over the fan fave, even when receiving payola from Wow. Some queens just don’t measure up.

tyra-sanchez.gif

anigif_sub-buzz-8019-1621969547-2.gif

Monet could and would never. Bob’s sister is cute though.

What the spoilers actually were is irrelevant to the topic at hand, because the point I was making was that only Monet stans get dragged for supposedly leaking stuff by “unreasonably stanning” Monet. 

My post was from the perspective of someone who doesn’t read spoilers, since they wouldn’t know whether or not people knew Raja won QOSDAHH, just like they wouldn’t know if Monet made top 2. But because it’s Monet, no one is allowed to stan her or they read spoilers, but for Raja it was fine.

And like others have said in this thread, it’s really not surprising Monet has such dedicated fans. Of all the winners, she probably has the most consistent content with SR coming out twice a week + all her other projects. I’m not sure why everyone is shocked about her fans going so hard for her.

4 hours ago, Edge Of Glory said:

Mixing the early outs with the stronger girls is tricky though. AS5 was such a snooze because it was so clear who was going to go far and who wouldn't.

EDIT: That being said, Ra'jah's run was thrilling and more rudemptions like that would be cool. They're few and far between though...

Edited by Body Talk

14 minutes ago, Body Talk said:

Mixing the early outs with the stronger girls is tricky though. AS5 was such a snooze because it was so clear who was going to go far and who wouldn't.

EDIT: That being said, Ra'jah's run was thrilling and more rudemptions like that would be cool. They're few and far between though...

i just think they have to be careful who they mix in with the heavy hitters tbh. a large part of AS2's quality was due to the fact that it's cast was mostly either finalists or girls who were JUST short of making the finale. the girls who kinda already proved they could've gotten the crown had things shaked down even SLIGHTLY differently.

bringing on girls who were out earlier but were big characters on the show/were popular afterwards (ie milk, gia, jasmine? rajah, etc) was kinda inevitable, but i think its them going for girls who were only tangentially popular/interesting (morgan, farrah, india) or just plain early outs (mayhem, mariah, blair) that is really the risk that doesnt pay off most of the time. like you said, its nice to see a rudemption like rajahs, but that's soooo rare that a lot of the time i wish they'd just go for a cast of only top 6-7 girls again lmaoooo :doc:

The next All Winners Season…

Bebe 

Bianca 

Violet 

Bob 

Sasha 

Aquaria 

Symone 

Priyanka 

make it happen :jonny6:

8 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Holy f+ck. 

Yeeeeees I love this! Work Miss Shea! :jonny5:

It would’ve been iconic if she also was in Wakanda Forever (along with Monét).

1 hour ago, FAN said:

The next All Winners Season…

Bebe 

Bianca 

Violet 

Bob 

Sasha 

Aquaria 

Symone 

Priyanka 

make it happen :jonny6:

And if there was a “robbed/fan fave” season: 

Bimini

Divina de Campo

Jimbo 

Katya 

Alyssa Edwards 

Shangela

Asia O’ Hara 

Kim Chi

:jonnycat:

8 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Monet wasn’t in last place for the talent show? She had 2 stars just like everyone except Jaida, Jinkx and Trinity. Also, top 4 material is not the same as confirming top 4. Monet stans saw her doing well in challenges that weren’t up her alley, and clocked that challenges that hadn’t happened in the 1st half of the season (girl groups, branding, dancing, roast, makeover, hosting etc) were Monet’s strong suits. There was plenty of reason, especially as a Monet stan, to believe she would be top 4. It’s just that obsessed Monet haters truly believed she was a piece of **** and it was unfathomable that anyone could believe she would actually make top 4. Monet stans are so outspoken literally because multiple people take every opportunity to **** on her in here every chance they get, so of course we’d fire back just as hard. This is a phenomenon seen across ATRL, even with stanning pop girls. The fact it’s seen only as weird when it’s Monet speaks volumes to how much people in this thread hate her. 

I’m making the point about Raja because when she was in last place with NO stars, people were screaming “robbed!!1!1! my winner!1!1! fashion icon!1!1!” every week. People even went on a crusade against Violet and Mik (which I live for cause they’re insufferable) for Raja. So why was she a fan favorite without suspicion if she was FLOPPING with NO stars, yet Monet stans can’t even claim she did great in a challenge she WON (Legends) without girls saying “JAIDA ROBBED!!!11! YVIE ROBBED!1!1!” It’s literally a double standard for Monet always even using your guys’s own logic towards other queens who had an unnatural amount of fan support given their performance in the season. (I’ll address the spoiler discussion in another post.)

And regardless of what Viv and Jaida feel and how it doesn’t stack up to what Monet has gone through (which I don’t agree with but I digress), the question was whether or not Monet feels like a winner despite being dragged for being a “half winner”. And the answer is yes. Monet stomp.  

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

What the spoilers actually were is irrelevant to the topic at hand, because the point I was making was that only Monet stans get dragged for supposedly leaking stuff by “unreasonably stanning” Monet. 

My post was from the perspective of someone who doesn’t read spoilers, since they wouldn’t know whether or not people knew Raja won QOSDAHH, just like they wouldn’t know if Monet made top 2. But because it’s Monet, no one is allowed to stan her or they read spoilers, but for Raja it was fine.

And like others have said in this thread, it’s really not surprising Monet has such dedicated fans. Of all the winners, she probably has the most consistent content with SR coming out twice a week + all her other projects. I’m not sure why everyone is shocked about her fans going so hard for her.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but when I said "very last" I didn't mean the last challenge, I was referring to the end of the competition. At any point before the roast, to me it'd been crazy to say Monét had a shot top the top 4 without knowing about she'd win that and the talent show, especially when other competitors had 2 or even 3 stars, I'm sorry. It's just simply making an educated guess based on the information I (and all the other users that don't read spoilers) had up to that point. Again, see how this narrative doesn't apply to Shea because no one was claiming she was top 4 material despite being the only queen that actually benefited from the twist.

I still think the point you made about Raja doesn't makes sense because I gave you an actual perspective of someone who was rooting har for her and I can assure you no one actually believed she was going to win anything. Yes, people said she was robbed, that she was their winner, etc., but let's not lie to ourselves and claim people were going around pretending she was going to be in the top 4 or win something because as another user mentioned, no one actually knew she'd win the lip sync smackdown until the week before airing or something like that.

I don't agree with the last bit (the part about Jaida and The Vivienne), so let's just agree to disagree.

---

Now back to showing some love to Shea because her joining the MCU is massive! I'm so so so happy for her and didn't expect this to happen to any Drag Race alumni ever! :'(

5 hours ago, D e v o n said:

Alyssa said she'd come back for a US vs The World, but they definitely need to up the prize for these girls.

If Alyssa comes back for another competitive season, they better crown her :loki:

• ATRL Moderator

"katya was robbed" has always been a curious narrative to me. alaska was payola'd but also did the best on as2, and detox was 'second place' imo

10 hours ago, boys said:

People confuse not liking Shea's personality with thinking she can't do drag. Visually yes she clearly can hit all the marks for a drag queen but I'm entitled to my opinion to think that she feels disingenuous to myself which makes me not interested in her.

OT: Monet should have been cast in Black Panther as one of the female warriors she would fit right in.

Yeah I don't think anyone can deny Shea is a great drag queen, but her personality can sometimes be a bit hard to digest. For example, I think many people felt sympathy for her when she was screwed by the LSFTC twist in S9 and many were rooting for her to be redeemed in an AS. However, her entitlement can be offputting. She's allowed to feel that way if she feels like that, but the public/audience doesn't have to like it. 

Also people in this thread literally not allowing anyone to have an opinion on her or other queens of color is very annoying. AS5 was literally Drag Race's way of redeeming Shea, there's nothing wrong with saying that and that doesn't mean she isn't deserving of her crown. Sometimes she does great and others tumbles like any other queen, after all they are human beings they don't have to be perfect all the time.

1 hour ago, Unoriginal said:

"katya was robbed" has always been a curious narrative to me. alaska was payola'd but also did the best on as2, and detox was 'second place' imo

did she? in my eyes Katya won both of her lip syncs against Alaska

3 minutes ago, Nikko said:

So what? Alaska’s 4 wins were fair, she had the best track record. You could argue that Alaska deserved a bottom placement in the herstory of the world challenge -which she did-,but if they put Ginger there instead of her was not in Alaska’s favour. It was so Katya wouldn’t be kicked out, but Katya stans don’t wanna see that. :rip:

36 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Yeah I don't think anyone can deny Shea is a great drag queen, but her personality can sometimes be a bit hard to digest. For example, I think many people felt sympathy for her when she was screwed by the LSFTC twist in S9 and many were rooting for her to be redeemed in an AS. However, her entitlement can be offputting. She's allowed to feel that way if she feels like that, but the public/audience doesn't have to like it. 

Also people in this thread literally not allowing anyone to have an opinion on her or other queens of color is very annoying. AS5 was literally Drag Race's way of redeeming Shea, there's nothing wrong with saying that and that doesn't mean she isn't deserving of her crown. Sometimes she does great and others tumbles like any other queen, after all they are human beings they don't have to be perfect all the time.

The biggest issue I have with Shea is that I don't actually think she has a personality at all. If being so self-entitled is your biggest trait, that to me is a lack of something else to actually show, or some sort of general insecurities she tries too hard to hide. I would also say that her sense of style is a bit too limited, relying too much on her culture or haute couture that she doesn't wear or sell better than the models who wore it on the runways where the dresses where firstly presented.

As a fashion lover, there were many times, especially this season, where I immediately recognized the designer of her dresses, and I was like "so?". Of course you don't have to sew every single outfit, but you could at least try to present yourself with different and amateur-ish but incredibly talented designer (Raja did, unsurprisingly, the best job in that sense).

Apart from this, I do think she's a great and iconic queen even though she's clearly far from being a favourite of mine. But she's objectively not the kind of queen that everyone may or should root for.

46 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Spilled :siptea:

41 minutes ago, Nikko said:

That's tea actually. Not that Katya deserved to win AS2, but to this day I think Alaska lost most (all?) of her lip syncs and it's kinda gaggy that she was rewarded for them instead.

All Stars 2 was so stacked that a lot of robbing was done simply because all of the girls were so strong. 

Roxxxy’s 5 bottoms would never happen in any other AS season. In fact, she probably would’ve won the Makeover in any other season. Her only actually bad performances were Snatch Game (terrible) and the Roast - which was honestly a tough role to be the host and she didn’t do that bad. The other girls were just too strong. 

1 hour ago, Nikko said:

Alaska's lip syncing grabbing and harrassing Katya were very offputting and I don't think it was fair imo

2 hours ago, Cloudy said:

That's such a blatant and ridiculous lie. Shea and Monet were BY FAR the most negatively talked about queens all season and it wasn't even close. Who else had gifs made of them, with a title calling them an animal, spammed over and over? Who else had members literally accuse them of lying about their dead grandmother or have members say they want to throw up looking at them? You could combine every bad thing said about all 6 other queens and it still wouldn't even come close to the hate either Shea or Monet got in this thread and that's just a fact. This thread couldn't even go more than a few posts of Shea being a Marvel girl without devolving into her having no personality and being unlikable AGAIN and you're trying to claim no one can have an opinion on her??? 

What you're saying is you want is to be able to negatively talk about not queens of color - BLACK queens and have no one say **** about it in response. 

I swear this thread really tries to argue the same ******* talking points as the out of touch racist republicans on Fox News :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.