RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

55 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Did you watch Green Light?  Kennedy was SELLING it with her face.  She's the epitome of lip sync assassin, the way you tried to lump her in with Shea and Jorgeous is embarrassing :bibliahh:

:clap3::coffee::clap3:

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Did you watch Green Light?  Kennedy was SELLING it with her face.  She's the epitome of lip sync assassin, the way you tried to lump her in with Shea and Jorgeous is embarrassing :bibliahh:

Green light was a mediocre lipsync and Fancy was the worst lipsync of AS5 pls :skull: I actually think Kennedy is a fantastic lipsyncer without all the tricks, but those two were not great. 

Jorgeous is a perfectly fine lipsyncer and definitely one of the best the show has seen. You guys are really way too hyper critical of the lipsyncing girls (unless they’re your faves! :mandown:I’m glad their peers (actual drag queens that have a relevant opinion) can see their talent cause you guys are so nitpicky.

If it’s not their face, it’s their eyes. If not their eyes, it’s that they do too many splits. If it’s not too many splits, it’s not “embodying the song”. If it’s not that, it’s that they’re overrated. If it’s not that, it’s that they can only perform one type of song. If it’s not that, it’s something else. Y’all need to stick to writing think pieces on Trixie Mattel’s latest YouTube video cause Kennedy, Jorgeous, Kameron, Heidi, Laganja, Alexis, etc will all stay booked and busy cause they are extremely talented lipsyncers across the board. 

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Jorgeous did good, but she didn't deliver the best lipsyncs ever. Here some better and more iconic lipsyncs from the top of my head:

Alyssa vs Coco - both fantastic

Alyssa vs Tatiana - both fantastic

Trinity vs Laganja - epic

Ginger vs Mayhem - epic

ChiChi vs Thorgy - ChiChi Was incredible

Gigi Goode vs Widow - epic

Etc

The mere mention of Jorgeous gets some of you guys hot and bothered, it’s quite strange. Such a harmless girl, and y’all are so nasty about her. She’s literally 21 and you girls are pushing 30. She has so much room to grow still and she’s already great. 

Find a man, and do his dishes and the cleaning, cause the obsessive Jorgeous posts clearly aren’t fulfilling enough. 

2 hours ago, karron0624 said:

The way i literally spilled when i said yall hated Jorgeous because you need someone to hate. Now after she was out yall hated Camden, and now yall hate Kornbread after she did exactly what yall spent a lot of episodes praising Daya for. You guys can sometimes really be the pits.

4 minutes ago, ucanfma said:

2 minutes ago, ucanfma said:

Did Jorgeous take yours and @Bicassie’s men with her excellent back arch or something?

There’s gotta be some kind of envy or subconscious anger. The obsessive, nasty posts for the entire season over a 21 year old girl who can’t even say her ABCs. Is it insecurity? Is everything okay at home? Is it… dare I say… racism?! 

We’re all here to support you boo.

In the meantime, enjoy this bop performed by the one and only Jorgeous. 

7 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Did Jorgeous take yours and @Bicassie’s men with her excellent back arch or something?

There’s gotta be some kind of envy or subconscious anger. The obsessive, nasty posts for the entire season over a 21 year old girl who can’t even say her ABCs. Is it insecurity? Is everything okay at home? Is it… dare I say… racism?! 

We’re all here to support you boo.

In the meantime, enjoy this bop performed by the one and only Jorgeous. 

pls dont act like Jorgeous wasn’t payola’d to death

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488649d88c0b16c43fe49e

6 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

pls dont act like Jorgeous wasn’t payola’d to death

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488649d88c0b16c43fe49e

She got 1 payola win (just like Daya, Bosco, Willow and Deja) and she won her first 4 lipsyncs (cause lipsyncing 5 times is totally payola lol) but she’s the only one I see getting posts upon posts of hate :skull: There’s like 3-4 Jorgeous stans in the thread too so it’s not like she’s getting overpraised. As soon as someone says something positive about her, 4 other members jump in with their dissertations about why Jorgeous is a POS. 

Honestly, I truly think a lot of it is that the girl is dumb and people feel that she’s beneath them or worse than the other girls cause of it which is awful. I’m not saying this applies to anyone in the thread (but if the shoe fits…) but seeing someone as an easy target or less because they’re uneducated and dumb is so wrong. 

Anyways, am a Jorgeous stan for life. :heart: 

Edited by Relampago.
sp

There have been several instances where some users in this thread needed to be called out for posting covert (and in some cases, overt) racist rhetoric. In those moments I appreciate your allyship. However, the way y'all weaponize words like "racism" is really ******* problematic and offensive :rip: Feigning interest in a serious issue to counter people who share a different opinion than your own does not make you woke. 

Please stop with the virtue signalling and pandering. It's not the move.

I mean i don’t really care for Jorgeous but she was definitely the best lip syncer this season. Camden, while good, seems kinda paint-by-numbers to me, and while Jasmine has higher highs, she isn’t consistent. 

The real issue is that S14 was kinda meh overall in terms of looks and lip syncs. It had great queens and some great challenges though. 

Edited by Rotunda

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Maybe Kornbread planned to “hurt” herself all along and wanted to come back with budget. Her and Willow seem super strategic, maybe that’s part of why Kornbread loves Willow so much too idk 

Wild that you’d accuse other girls of being unhinged haters, but you think Kornbread would buy a season’s worth of looks and let them rot  and fake an injury so she could come back stronger in S15

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

There have been several instances where some users in this thread needed to be called out for posting covert (and in some cases, overt) racist rhetoric. In those moments I appreciate your allyship. However, the way y'all weaponize words like "racism" is really ******* problematic and offensive :rip: Feigning interest in a serious issue to counter people who share a different opinion than your own does not make you woke. 

Please stop with the virtue signalling and pandering. It's not the move.

Just trying to get to the bottom of why someone would post 5-10 negative posts on a single page about a queen of color multiple times throughout the season. 

As someone who is Chicano like Jorgeous, it’s troubling to see obsession like that, especially when it’s very rare for me to see someone on TV that reminds me of the crowd I grew up with. That doesn’t mean they have to like them or speak positively about them, I support the shady posts and do them myself, but when it’s endless, then it gets suspicious. I call it out specifically with Jorgeous because racism towards Latine queens on the show is VERY overlooked by the fanbase. It’s actually wild how they’re treated on the show sometimes with no real discourse about it (Deja calling Jorgeous Puerto Rican, Michelle saying Alyssa is Yara solely because they come from the same place and thus have the same accent, etc etc). 

Anyways, take it or leave it. If it doesn’t apply, it doesn’t apply, but the conversation should happen.

Just now, Rotunda said:

Wild that you’d accuse other girls of being unhinged haters, but you think Kornbread would buy a season’s worth of looks and let them rot  and fake an injury so she could come back stronger in S15

Nnn I only said that in jest. And I didn’t make 10 posts about it.

I actually defended ‘Bread a couple pages ago even though I don’t love her because I am NOT unhinged enough to think her friendship with Willow should be questioned and especially not compared to Predator Pie :skull: 

39 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The mere mention of Jorgeous gets some of you guys hot and bothered, it’s quite strange. Such a harmless girl, and y’all are so nasty about her. She’s literally 21 and you girls are pushing 30. She has so much room to grow still and she’s already great. 

Find a man, and do his dishes and the cleaning, cause the obsessive Jorgeous posts clearly aren’t fulfilling enough. 

MICROWAVE THEM :fan:

39 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Wasn’t Jorgeous the same girl that made fun of Cynthia Lee Fontaine’s car accident, and when asked why not apologize she chose to double down and even liked a bunch of nasty hate tweets towards her? :biblio: nothing in this thread even compares to stuff Jorgeous has said. 

tbh she was one of my faves up until the design challenge (and the Cucú comments). Finding out she’s talentless (can’t sew, can’t act, isn’t funny, isn’t a lipsync assassin, never particularly slayed the runways like damn ma what DO you do successfully :skull:), whew love being proved RIGHT!!!

25 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Just trying to get to the bottom of why someone would post 5-10 negative posts on a single page about a queen of color multiple times throughout the season. 

This thread obsessively hates on some queens for whatever reason, they don’t need to resort to skin color to do it. I’ve actually never seen Jorgeous’ race being used or even hinted as an argument ever (what does it have to do with her flopping at almost all of the challenges anyway?), people are probably just annoyed at her being saved on multiple occasions just because Ru liked her (which also happened with a few other queens in recent years).

There are definitely cases where there’s a racist undertone behind some users’ comments, but I genuinely believe this is not one of them.

The past few pages :deadbanana2: Did Jorgeous somehow make it into the finale for you girls to be so pressed? 

4 hours ago, Bindi said:

Please don’t be Trixie then :rip:

I don’t think they’ll repeat them, but who knows.

I enjoyed Trixie as a host, I think she had good chemistry with almost all of her guests so I’d be fine with her returning.

I’d definitely prefer to see a new face hosting though.

6 minutes ago, EriKills said:

Wasn’t Jorgeous the same girl that made fun of Cynthia Lee Fontaine’s car accident, and when asked why not apologize she chose to double down and even liked a bunch of nasty hate tweets towards her? :biblio: nothing in this thread even compares to stuff Jorgeous has said. 

tbh she was one of my faves up until the design challenge (and the Cucú comments). Finding out she’s talentless (can’t sew, can’t act, isn’t funny, isn’t a lipsync assassin, never particularly slayed the runways like damn ma what DO you do successfully :skull:), whew love being proved RIGHT!!!

A joke in bad taste about a queen who was facilitating more nasty comments towards Jorgeous first during a time she was receiving TONS of hate already  is as bad as calling Jorgeous dumb, talentless, worthless, trash, a waste of a cast member, *****, evil, etc? Y’all don’t even try to hide the hypocrisy :skull: 

Jorgeous was also HIGH for the ball (runway AND sewing based challenge) and won 4 lipsyncs. You love being delusional indeed! 

6 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

This thread obsessively hates on some queens for whatever reason, they don’t need to resort to skin color to do it. I’ve actually never seen Jorgeous’ race being used or even hinted as an argument ever (what does it have to do with her flopping at almost all of the challenges anyway?), people are probably just annoyed at her being saved on multiple occasions just because Ru liked her (which also happened with a few other queens in recent years).

There are definitely cases where there’s a racist undertone behind some users’ comments, but I genuinely believe this is not one of them.

Multiple people in this thread have commented on Jorgeous’s inability to speak English. Sure it’s likely to do with Jorgeous’s lack of education (which is… not better in any way :skull:) but the fact that’s a stereotype not only applies to POC at large but ESPECIALLY Latine people walks a fine line of implicit vs overt racism. 

Also, Jorgeous was never really saved after her first bottom. She lipsynced her way to the top and got eliminated when she lost a lipsync (I didn’t think she lost but whatever). People act like Jorgeous was given 3 wins and sent frontrunners home. It’s a weird obsession, especially cause Jasmine is lauded in this thread (as she should be!) when her and Jorgeous were… pretty much the same overall. 

1 minute ago, TheOnlyOne said:

symone-attends-rupauls-drag-race-season-

Did someone call for an EYEcon :jonny6:

Stun :jonny:

I’m really excited for her finale look. 

Symone truly drag royalty :jonny5: 

This is my last Jorgeous post for the day, but it’s kind of sending me how Jorgeous is the new Trixie/Trinity/Monet etc. 

Let’s add her to the roster of topics we’ll cycle back to in the off-season :bibliahh:

12 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

symone-attends-rupauls-drag-race-season-

Did someone call for an EYEcon :jonny6:

Oh WOW 

Symone did THAT on the red carpet

And I LOVE she's wearing ha crown

:clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.