RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, popstickle said:

I think it would have made more sense if the tie breaker was Ru saying it came down to how many challenge wins the Queens had. So instead of having Monet choose (which felt so random), Ru could have just said Trinity was through based on her track record thus breaking the tie. Or they could have lip synced for it so there was a lip sync with actual stakes in the episode. 

Overall, the episode felt so rushed. The twists didn’t feel thought through (as mentioned above, why get Monet to break the tie and why have a lip sync with no stakes when there was the perfect opportunity to do one for a place in the final).

Production was also so heavy handed with the twists, it was obvious they wanted to get certain Queens into the finale. Surely it would have been better (and less obvious) to have spread extra stars out throughout the series, rather than drop them all at the end. It just left me feeling like the last ten weeks didn’t really matter when everything was switched up in the penultimate episode.

I’m also done with the talent show challenge - they’re always the same and it’s so boring to watch now. Monet and Raja were the highlights for me today because they actually did something original that we haven’t see on a talent show before.  

Lastly, I am glad the four Queens who didn’t qualify are still lip syncing in the finale though. That’s the one twist I felt was inclusive and meaningful. 

8 minutes ago, NumbSoul said:

It's not about who she choose, it's about the format of it. Why not make them battle for it? Lipsync? Something? Just randomly saying "oh, you have the most stars, so you pick" out of nowhere is nonsense and seemed a bit riggy, when you consider it was Monet and she was obviously gonna pick Trinity. 

All of this :clap3:

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have just crowned Monet this episode tbh. 

The talent show was pretty dire, Monet was spectacular, Raja and Shea were ok, the rest were boring and it's like they repeated the same performance 4 times with Viv, Jaida, Trinity and Yvie :rip: Trinity doing an electro pop song about being Southern :skull: where was the COUNTRY?

Having the losing queens lipsyncing for a consolation prize while 3 out of the top 4 get nothing is pretty weird but I'm ok with it if it means Shea doesn't win anything

Instead of having the girls waste another lipsync look they should have cut the tic tac lunch and given us a runway instead

I really hope there is a best drag final runway for all 8 of them and we don’t end the season with 2 episodes of just performance outfits.

That was a really good episode, made me a tad emotional at points.

The Monet love :chick3: 

Trinity tearing up at Monet's lil speech :chick3:

The way my lil heart broke for Jaida when she was cut at the last hurdle :chick3:

Even Shea's genuine reaction to finding out she made the finale after a whole rollercoaster of a season :chick3:

12 minutes ago, Subomie said:

That was a really good episode, made me a tad emotional at points.

The Monet love :chick3: 

Trinity tearing up at Monet's lil speech :chick3:

The way my lil heart broke for Jaida when she was cut at the last hurdle :chick3:

Even Shea's genuine reaction to finding out she made the finale after a whole rollercoaster of a season :chick3:

I think there is a sense of finality to it that not a lot of Drag Race content has had in a really long time. It didn’t even really hit me until this point in the season, but this is most likely the last time we’ll be seeing these queens competing in the core show.

I love my queen Jaida but I wish she would let the "look over there" rest a bit :chick3:

didn’t they just use this song :ahh: love Kylie so not mad. 

The winners ate though. Shea gave me everything. 

n :skull: 

Ru has the WORST taste in miss Kylie.

Monet deserves 4 stars for that :jonnycat:

4 minutes ago, Subomie said:

n :skull: 

Ru has the WORST taste in miss Kylie.

Can the good sis download Fever? How tired are we of DISCO :rip:

10 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

Can the good sis download Fever? How tired are we of DISCO :rip:

I know but gays are obsessed with disco gif whatever reason 

The obvious Shea payola :skull:

The Three stars :skull:

The 2nd “Supernova” lipsync of the year :skull: 

The robbing of Jaida :skull:

The Losers lipsyncing for 50k :skull:

I hate Monet but she ate that :clap3:

I’m glad Trinity made it to top 4 tho :fan:

I’m praying Jinkx takes it but at this point I want it to be anybody but Shea :skull:

rooting for my robbed girls Jaida/Viv for the 50k win :jonny2:

Edited by Bicassie

The way Shea gave us PopSTAR to the t and pretty much outperformed 95% of todays popgirlies with that Show (Plus her song was actually really good). Phew, she really STOMPED this episode :jonny2:

1 minute ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

The way Shea gave us PopSTAR to the t and pretty much outperformed 95% of todays popgirlies with that Show (Plus her song was actually really good). Phew, she really STOMPED this episode :jonny2:

She deserved top 2 with Monet, yes

but you gotta admit that the three star thing was absolute BS and created to give Shea another chance at making top 4 :skull:

Just now, Bicassie said:

She deserved top 2 with Monet, yes

but you gotta admit that the three star thing was absolute BS and created to give Shea another chance at making top 4 :skull:

I was mentally preparing for the winner to get 2 stars, so it didn't come as a surprise at all.

I dont mind the twist, it actually made all the contestants sans Jinks go hard for their talent shows because everyone still had a chance to move into the final.

What I hated was the twist with Monet. That was a shitty move on Ru's part.

The minute the episode started with Shea saying she has 1 star it was OBVIOUS Ru would create a rule to get her to the final  :rip:

That being said , Monet slayed the talend show 

I want Jinxxx and Monet top2 

I guess the Viv and Jaida will be top2 of the 2nd smackdown 

3 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I was mentally preparing for the winner to get 2 stars, so it didn't come as a surprise at all.

I dont mind the twist, it actually made all the contestants sans Jinks go hard for their talent shows because everyone still had a chance to move into the final.

What I hated was the twist with Monet. That was a shitty move on Ru's part.

Three was absolutely too much :skull:

I would’ve understood 2 stars as a twist :sistrens: 

The twist with Monet was indeed shitty but I was glad that Trinity somehow made it in even though I had to lose Jaida :cries2:

Edited by Bicassie

Ok but why are so many of you complaining about the Monet gets to decide the 4th queen twist? Like do y’all simply hate good tv? As if it wasn’t the fair choice? As if anything else would have resulted in a different outcome? Like what 

The whole Survivor-esque format and Monets alliance with Trinity finally came full circle and you all complain? Make it make sense. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Are we betting on Yvie to win the 50k? Maybe Jaida. 

With Yvie being the only queen to not win a lipsync thus far this season, I have to imagine she'll snag at least one next episode. They cant let her go home without that.

44 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

didn’t they just use this song :ahh: love Kylie so not mad. 

The winners ate though. Shea gave me everything. 

Ok but lowkey no one did this song justice so far me thinks :mandown:

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ok but why are so many of you complaining about the Monet gets to decide the 4th queen twist? Like do y’all simply hate good tv? As if it wasn’t the fair choice? As if anything else would have resulted in a different outcome? Like what 

The whole Survivor-esque format and Monets alliance with Trinity finally came full circle and you all complain? Make it make sense. 

But it wasn’t good tv, it’s was just bizarre!

Not only because, before this episode, it would have been Jinkx making that decision since she had the most stars and most challenge wins but then Monet gives one good performance which re writes that. That doesn’t feel fair.

Also, the alliance was barely a “storyline”. There were no peaks and troughs, no stakes, no reveals or shocks. The two had an alliance, that was it. It only ever came into play this episode so didn’t feel satisfactory story wise at all. Gone are the days when Drag Race actually has a storyline (Alyssa vs Coco or Rolaskatoxx vs Jinkx). 

I don’t disagree with Monet and Shea winning this episode but the three stars was ludicrous. Shea has been a wall flower most the season :rip:

Love the flops get their own thing too :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.