RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

okay everyone will still lip sync next week, even the losing 4 :jonny5: 

#TeamJinxk and #TeamJaida

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

i want Monet to win it all idgaf this season has just solidified that she’s one of my favorite entertainers of all time 

Monet truly did one of the most impressive performances on drag race of all time. Like she ate that up, no matter who wins the season in the end, no one can ever take the power of that moment away from her.

I think the top 2 was correct, Monet and Shea both delivered top notch performances that would be excellent even outside of the sphere of drag, whereas most of the others did sort of classic drag race “songs”. I enjoyed all of them to varying degrees, but Monet and Shea felt elevated above that level. I think a case could have been made for Raja too, but I felt it was more of an artistic expression than a full blown capital T “talent” however impactful it was.

And Monet made the objectively fair choice. People are gonna say it was all alliance based, but in reality Trinity won 4 challenges and Jaida won 2, the track record speaks for itself.

Also just before this page gets flooded with the inevitable influx of negativity and bitter Betty’s, I just want to say that this season has been honestly amazing to watch, like I know we all have our favorites, but it is just amazing to see 8 queens excel or flop but have fun with it week after week and this episode just solidified the special place they all have in my heart. I have a newfound appreciation for each of them. 

BEST PERFORMANCE: MONÉT

BEST LIPSYNC LOOK: MONÉT

QUEEN WITH MOST STARS: MONÉT

ALL STARS 7 WINNER: MONÉT

ALL STARS 7 ALTERNATIVE WINNER: JAIDA

THEE MONÉT X CHANGE SEASON.

Ok I think we were all ready to hate, but this episode was literally THE BEST EPISODE of the season. Like 10/10. 

The only thing that bothered me was that Monet CLEARLY won that lipsync. 

Shea and Monet were incredible. Definitely the best talent show ever. Almost all of them would have won a regular all stars talent show. 

Raja and Yvie made me cry this episode. 

the fact that we're technically getting two winners :skull: 

Shea and Monet ate this episode up. I want Shea's performance without Monet's confessional. It cut into the best hair flip :biblio:

Monet deserves to win the whole season just based on that talent show alone. 

Now let's do one definitive highlight this season for each queen:

Jaida: Ball Episode 

Jinkx: Judy Snatch Game

Monet: Opera Talent Show

Raja: Graduation Speech

Shea: Dance challenge

Trinity: Snatch Game

Viv: Improv Challenge

Yvie: Rap challenge

That was cute

Jaida: Ball

Jinkx: Roast

Monet: Talent Show

Raja: Ball

Shea: Talent Show

Trinity: :michael:

Viv: Acting Challenge

Yvie: :michael: 

The Monet stanning :clap3: 

3 minutes ago, D e v o n said:

Jaida: Ball

Jinkx: Roast

Monet: Talent Show

Raja: Ball

Shea: Talent Show

Trinity: :michael:

Viv: Acting Challenge

Yvie: :michael: 

i was having a hard time with Trinity too bc it seems like she was never the best winner of anything she've won this season.

This episode was a rollercoaster. Still kinda mad about it though, the 3 stars twist was awful (and uneventful to be completely honest).

Talent show was meh, I hate when queens bring their songs for talent. Unless they can actually sing it's usually a bore and even when they can it is as well because it often doesn't translate as good as other types of performances on TV. The good thing in this case is that everyone did kinda the same thing so the field was levelled, but it almost felt like I was watching an episode of Queen of the Universe.

That being said, Monét slayed that talent show. No one came even close. If she didn't already secure a spot in the top 4, Jinkx would've easily been in the top 2. I guess Shea and Raja round up the top 4 for this challenge, but in my opinion they weren't as good as Monét and Jinkx. I got emotional at Raja's story though, it was very touching.

As expected, Shea got her spot in the top 4. She's gonna get unfair amounts of hate, but please don't forget she's not at fault for what production decides to do with queens and storylines. Please be kind to her. I genuinely didn't think Monét would win this challenge solely based on the AS4 talent show, but she showed up and showed out!

Now, what I find fishy is that they let the queen with most stars break the tie. What the f*ck was that? They clearly did it to close the alliance storyline, but damn, that's some riggory right there. Couldn't they have let Trinity and Jaida lip sync for their life? Or at least make the top 2 lip sync's winner choose? If only production wasn't so heavy handed, these seasons would be 10 times better.

I love that they donated money to every charity, that was very nice. Can't wait for next week, we're gonna have two crowns! Jaida or Raja and Jinkx or Trinity better snatch! :crown:

Ready for Godinkx to get her RIGHTFUL crown as queen of all queens and as one of the most talented and smartest queens to EVER grace Drag Race :fan:

I could not take my eyes off Monet’s face. HOW can you be that stunning?! 

Having her choose between Jaida & Trinity was such foolery - I get that it’s a show, but the stunt added more pain than drama, imo and should rightfully have been handled by the judges. 

The “over it” on both Raja and Viv’s faces is palpable. :dies:

What a night for Monet!!! :jonny4:

now I understand why this thread hated her. She literally devoured everybody in the talent show.

i wholeheartedly agreed with the top2 (this shouldve been the top2 for the girls group challenge too)

And Monet did the right thing picking her twinner :clap3: 

Shea’s wig was spectacular. She looked amazing 

Edited by Blue Rose

I was super excited for this episode, but I'm sorry, it was a ****ing mess and very underwhelming :doc:

The only great performance in the Talent Show was Monet. She STOMPED on the other girls, there was no competition.

Shea was also a pretty clear 2nd. Everyone else was cute. 

The 3-star twist, the way Monet just chose Trinity to be in the finale over Jaida, and the 2nd Lalaparooza... These were all so stupid :doc: 

At least next week seems like it will be entertaining, but yeah, they really messed this season up with all the stupid twists...

3 minutes ago, NumbSoul said:

I was super excited for this episode, but I'm sorry, it was a ****ing mess and very underwhelming :doc:

The only great performance in the Talent Show was Monet. She STOMPED on the other girls, there was no competition.

Shea was also a pretty clear 2nd. Everyone else was cute. 

The 3-star twist, the way Monet just chose Trinity to be in the finale over Jaida, and the 2nd Lalaparooza... These were all so stupid :doc: 

At least next week seems like it will be entertaining, but yeah, they really messed this season up with all the stupid twists...

What is stupid about choosing a queen who won 4 CHALLENGES over a queen who only won 2 (only 2 design challenges at that) and who was given 1 pity star :priceless:

Please make sense 

Edited by D.Va

47 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

i was having a hard time with Trinity too bc it seems like she was never the best winner of anything she've won this season.

Ru has a boner for Trinity. I just don't see it.. for me, personally. Like -- I guess her snatch game was good, but I preferred Raja and even Monet in that.

People coming at Shea like she made these rules :toofunny3:

Anyway, Jinx or Monet for the win. :clap3:

24 minutes ago, D.Va said:

What is stupid about choosing a queen who won 4 CHALLENGES over a queen who only won 2 (only 2 design challenges at that) and who was given 1 pity star :priceless:

Please make sense 

I think it would have made more sense if the tie breaker was Ru saying it came down to how many challenge wins the Queens had. So instead of having Monet choose (which felt so random), Ru could have just said Trinity was through based on her track record thus breaking the tie. Or they could have lip synced for it so there was a lip sync with actual stakes in the episode. 

Overall, the episode felt so rushed. The twists didn’t feel thought through (as mentioned above, why get Monet to break the tie and why have a lip sync with no stakes when there was the perfect opportunity to do one for a place in the final).

Production was also so heavy handed with the twists, it was obvious they wanted to get certain Queens into the finale. Surely it would have been better (and less obvious) to have spread extra stars out throughout the series, rather than drop them all at the end. It just left me feeling like the last ten weeks didn’t really matter when everything was switched up in the penultimate episode.

I’m also done with the talent show challenge - they’re always the same and it’s so boring to watch now. Monet and Raja were the highlights for me today because they actually did something original that we haven’t see on a talent show before.  

Lastly, I am glad the four Queens who didn’t qualify are still lip syncing in the finale though. That’s the one twist I felt was inclusive and meaningful. 

Edited by popstickle

20 minutes ago, D.Va said:

Please make sense 

It's not about who she choose, it's about the format of it. Why not make them battle for it? Lipsync? Something? Just randomly saying "oh, you have the most stars, so you pick" out of nowhere is nonsense and seemed a bit riggy, when you consider it was Monet and she was obviously gonna pick Trinity. 

6 minutes ago, NumbSoul said:

It's not about who she choose, it's about the format of it. Why not make them battle for it? Lipsync? Something? Just randomly saying "oh, you have the most stars, so you pick" out of nowhere is nonsense and seemed a bit riggy, when you consider it was Monet and she was obviously gonna pick Trinity. 

They just did a lip sync and we’re about to head into an episode with 6 lip syncs, another one to break the tie would have been overdoing it imo. Also if they wanted it to be Trinity they could have just as easily rigged it with a lip sync anyways, we’ve seen enough by now to know Trinity and Jaida are fairly evenly matched lip syncers.

And All Stars does have a precedent for queens making decisions like who to block and who to eliminate so imo it made sense. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.