RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, D.Va said:

Is everyone stupid ? Shea should have won the Girl Group Challenge and could have very well won the Monologue Challenge, she's been doing good. 

Moreover, let's take an easy exemple : say Jinkx & Shea win this week, then Jinkx has 5 stars, Trinity & Jaida have 3 stars and everyone else has 2 stars. How would the producers manage a 5-WAY TIE ? This 3 stars twist is here to lessen the chance of a tie and make the stakes equal for everybody, I don't see why everyone is screaming and crying about :skull:

No one is saying that Shea isn't doing good, she's an amazing queen and we all know it. The fact is she has one star, that's it. No one's even talking about robbed wins, and she definitely wasn't the only one robbed of a win.

I don't think that a tie would be a problem, the 7-WAY TIE that happened just three months ago wasn't a problem at all in S14. You can do a lipsync tournament, you can let other queens decide just like they would do in a regular All Stars format. The chances of not having a tie are limited to just 3 combinations (Shea/Jinx, Shea/Trinity, Shea/Jaida) out of, I don't know, 30 possible combinations? I'm bad at math so excuse me in advance, but the chances seem to be veeeery low to me. And the fact that a tie is almost inevitable makes me even more worried. Jinx is basically the only one who's safe, but it's pretty obvious that one between Jaida and Trinity is risking a lot.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

This twist is clearly only meant to favour Shea :rip: will never understand the boner that production have for her. I bet there exists a cut of the S9 finale where they tried to edit Sasha's rose petals out :rip:

Sis, without petals it would have been even more iconic. Imagine THAT drama just to Ruveal a bald head. 

I'm surprised they didn't justify this twist by saying this challenge was worth 3 stars because 3 stars were blocked during the season (one with Jinkx, one with Trinity, one with Vivienne). It was an easy justification that fitted their narrative and I'm sure the fans would not be as mad. 

Congrats to Shea, I guess :skull:

Y'all are doing the absolute most over the twist and taking this season WAYYY too seriously given everything that it has been leading up to this. :rip:

It literally just evens the playing field and adds a bit of stakes leading into the finale, I agree they should have had more twists throughout the season, but this just objectively makes sense from a tv standpoint.

If they wanted Shea in the finale from the get-go, literally all they had to do was give her a deserved star for the Ru-TRL verse. Clearly they with-held that star because they wanted a narrative of a 1-star queen getting a last minute finale slot and because they wanted to both give Yvie a challenge win since they couldn't have any winners win no challenges because it is bad for the brand and play up the Viv vs Jinkx rivalry by having Jinkx's block be effective

1 hour ago, TrueBlood said:

This has to be one of the most absurd moment in Drag Race Herstory. The thing is: Shea has the worsts track record of the season, . I think it's only fair and logical that being the worst in the last episode, to get to the finale she has to fight the hardest. And she would already have her chance to go to the finale even with just another star: she just had to win this challenge. We would have had Jinx, Trinity, Jaida + one of the 2 stars queens. They could have done one more episode with a lipsync tournament to determine the fourth finalist, and that would have been it.

A twist THIS absurd already spoils the entire thing, 'cause it's so absurd that it ONLY makes sense if it's applied to Shea, and specifically to send her straight to the finale. If any of the 2 stars queens win this challenge, then we have a Top 4 already. But the thing is, all the queens with 2 stars would automatically be in the finale even with just one more star, so why give them 3?

And it's also clear than Jinx, Trinity and Jaida won't win this challenge, 'cause why would they need 3 more stars? That would be useless, as we'd have a fourth spot to be determined between the two stars queens, and Shea would automatically be out, therefore having a useless last challenge AND a useless twist, 'cause there would be no need to give 3 stars to 3 queens who would already be in the finale.

I mean, it's so obvious that it's just absurd to think this is happening for real.

1 hour ago, TrueBlood said:

The problem is that, given how toxic the fanbases are, this could potentially end up with Shea being completely cancelled by everyone. I can't believe they're really doing this when Shea could have easily still be in the Top 4 without making it so obvious.

Spilled. The trajectory is so obvious this is literally a new low even for Drag Race standards.

What you said about the twist being tailored to fit a certain narrative is particularly true. I'd be shocked if Shea doesn't end up in the top 4 after the storyline they built on her having the least amount of stars. I'd be also shocked if Jinkx, Trinity or Jaida win this episode because it wouldn't make sense from a production point of view to add 3 more stars to already established frontrunners.

When it's all said and done I believe no queen will have more than 4 stars, so it'll look like it was actually a fair game, but no one will forget the lengths they've gone to push their favourites to the finale. Like, what's the point of doing well and collecting stars, winning lip syncs, blocking queens when a single episode can propel anyone to the top 4?

At this point I think they're purposefully doing everything in their power to create drama and shocking moments (at the cost of the queens'  well being, since everyone knows how vicious the fanbase can be), there's no other explanation.

1 hour ago, D.Va said:

Is everyone stupid ? Shea should have won the Girl Group Challenge and could have very well won the Monologue Challenge, she's been doing good. 

Moreover, let's take an easy exemple : say Jinkx & Shea win this week, then Jinkx has 5 stars, Trinity & Jaida have 3 stars and everyone else has 2 stars. How would the producers manage a 5-WAY TIE ? This 3 stars twist is here to lessen the chance of a tie and make the stakes equal for everybody, I don't see why everyone is screaming and crying about :skull:

Shea has been a boring the challenges all season and I say that as someone who really likes Shea. Shea was never gonna win the Girl group challenge because her team did not do well . It was always going to be 2 people from The other girls.

3 stars takes away the achievements of all the other queens who DESERVE to be in the finale more so than her, this twist is only here to shoehorn Shea. 

39 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

Shea should have at least 2 stars anyway, she was robbed in the girl group challenge and the grad speech imo. 

Anyways the twist should be 2 stars and not 3 to make it more 'fair' but let's not act like this twist can only benefit her, it can benefit all girls. 

Mmm, no?

Jinx doesn't even need to participate, she's in the finale already. One between Jaida and Trinity has also the finale on lock already, because in the worst possible scenario for them (if the winners are between Shea and the 2-star queens) they'd be the only two queens with a tie at 3, a simple lipsync would be enough to determine the fourth finalist. The only benefit they would have is if they both wins, but the benefit would be the same with a single more star.

For the others, a single more star would be enough for them to have a chance to go to the finale, so why would they feel the need to give 3 stars? It would have made sense ONLY if a queen ended up having 0 star, but EVEN in that case, 2 could have still been enough to compete for the finale.

If they decided to go for the 3 stars, the only """"logical"""" reason is to make sure that there won't be a tie, but EVEN for that, the only chances of NOT having a tie AT ALL are two: Jinx + another queen (EXCEPT for Jaida/Trinity) win; Shea wins together with Trinity or Jaida.

ANY other scenario would have a tie of some sort, that would have still happened even with just a single more star.

I'm literally having a panic attack at the thougnt of Shea winning the whole thing. Someone help

tumblr_inline_mujkw8jOka1qbzqbh.gif 

Dear lord please let her bomb this challenge

Shea “Talent” “Producer” “One Star to Four Star” “Robbed Queen” “AS5 Winner” “Finalist” “Payola Queen” Couleé wins AGAIN. :clap3:  

I love seeing her receive reparations for putting her on such an abomination of a season like AS5. :mandown: 

18 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

What you said about the twist being tailored to fit a certain narrative is particularly true. I'd be shocked if Shea doesn't end up in the top 4 after the storyline they built on her having the least amount of stars. I'd be also shocked if Jinkx, Trinity or Jaida win this episode because it wouldn't make sense from a production point of view to add 3 more stars to already established frontrunners.

Exactly, it's actually so obvious that it's shocking to me. I mean, it would make ZERO sense otherwise, not even a child would have come up with such nonsense just to highlight Jinkx superiority going to the finale (which is obvious already with 5 wins), or for Trinity and Jaida to win and laugh at the others saying "Well, we were the front-runners anywaaay". 

Let's not forget Jinkx's words last episode (can't remember if it was on Untucked or after the lipsync). "If there's someone who can do it, I'd say that's definitely Shea Coulee". I mean, COME OOOOOOON.

Edited by TrueBlood

13 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Mmm, no?

Jinx doesn't even need to participate, she's in the finale already. One between Jaida and Trinity has also the finale on lock already, because in the worst possible scenario for them (if the winners are between Shea and the 2-star queens) they'd be the only two queens with a tie at 3, a simple lipsync would be enough to determine the fourth finalist. The only benefit they would have is if they both wins, but the benefit would be the same with a single more star.

For the others, a single more star would be enough for them to have a chance to go to the finale, so why would they feel the need to give 3 stars? It would have made sense ONLY if a queen ended up having 0 star, but EVEN in that case, 2 could have still been enough to compete for the finale.

If they decided to go for the 3 stars, the only """"logical"""" reason is to make sure that there won't be a tie, but EVEN for that, the only chances of NOT having a tie AT ALL are two: Jinx + another queen (EXCEPT for Jaida/Trinity) win; Shea wins together with Trinity or Jaida.

ANY other scenario would have a tie of some sort, that would have still happened even with just a single more star.

Jaida’s payola charity star that’s been inflating her record all season backfiring on her? Mmm, mmm, mmm, delicioso. :yum: 

Payola can only be fought with proper payola! At least Shea has to earn these stars if she does win the challenge (which is a talent show, not everybody has that!)

And after bombing last week’s challenge so horribly too, karma’s not a liar! :clap3: 

Edited by Relampago.

The attacks from Twitter are insane, people are already spoiling that Shea got the winner edit and producers are way too obvious about it

I mean... They're right. The confessionals and the focus on her is WAY too obvious :rip:

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

Jaida’s payola charity star that’s been inflating her record all season backfiring on her? Mmm, mmm, mmm, delicioso. :yum: 

Payola can only be fought with proper payola! At least Shea has to earn these stars if she does win the challenge (which is a talent show, not everybody has that!)

And after bombing last week’s challenge so horribly too, karma’s not a liar! :clap3: 

This is the other obvious scenario, of course. If there's a tie between Trinity and Jaida, there's no way in hell or heaven that Jaida is going to prevail. A Beyoncé lipsync would be the only possible way, but they did that already and we all know that Trinity comes for blood when it comes to lipsyncing for her life.

The way she had the balls to spoil this twist and its result on twitter... absolutely shameless

x9WmqJv.gif

29 minutes ago, Aelita said:

The attacks from Twitter are insane, people are already spoiling that Shea got the winner edit and producers are way too obvious about it

I mean... They're right. The confessionals and the focus on her is WAY too obvious :rip:

How did Shea get the winner edit? :rip: 

The sole person this season that got the winner edit is Jinkx.

Just now, Bimbo said:

The way she had the balls to spoil this twist and its result on twitter... absolutely shameless

x9WmqJv.gif

she will pay the price, I fear :deadbanana:

well at least with this reaction from the fans, if Shea do gets in, they won't let her win :ahh:

Jinkx all the way :jonny5: (4 stars is a guaranted spot, not a spoiler)

4 minutes ago, Yves said:

Shea getting rightfully dragged for this. :ahh:

Why? It's not her fault. Blame the producers for the stupid 3 stars twist

The real crime here is that they are making us sit through eight tic tac lunches :ace:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.