RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

16 hours ago, pxxxtrick said:

I would have loved to see LaLa in the finale. :chick3:

I'm sure she will have her ass sitting right there in the finale with the rest of the eliminated contestants, as she should.

katy.thumb.gif.16659d27676c0442704b0cc89

• Haha 1

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Solaris said:

I think Alexis is bad at coming up with things on the spot/on the fly, and Drag Race is all about that. I didn't like her Dorothy Zbornak snatch game because she spent almost the entire time repeating quotes verbatim from the show. Alexis is the embodiment of "overprepared."

Really dislike when girls do this, it's not improv but they get praised for it, they're just memorising lines. 

The way this thread has been dragging Lala all season long, including the previous week where you said Jimbo or Jessica should have won the improv challenge, but now people have switched and wanted her in the finale or on a VTW season :deadbanana:

The power of y'alls hatred of Kandy can truly move mountains. :rip:

• Like 1

Not Alexis birthed Jan, another crime against humanity added to her list :skull:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

History will vindicate Loosey and Jan.

• Like 1

I watched Jan's AS8 review with Alexis and the way they act had me :rip: "you saw your mommy crying" "yes mama" skfhdjg

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, justlore said:

Bring her back plsss

Mother would be cancelled weekly on a new season of DR, these mouldy twinks shatter at the thought of a POC with a voice and a point of view. Look at the way Kandy is being stomped on for simply existing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

50 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

Mother would be cancelled weekly on a new season of DR, these mouldy twinks shatter at the thought of a POC with a voice and a point of view. Look at the way Kandy is being stomped on for simply existing.

You’re half right but Krapdy is serving boring drama and talentless challenge performances

Legend Gunn drama on and off the show >>>> Hagdy’s best moments on either season

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

History will vindicate Loosey and Jan.

Don’t put Legend Laduca next to Man

yeah Trixie will always be that girl despite what OTMH say :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alexis is kinda boring on the show, idk :rip: her voice doesn’t help 

I’m sure if she was at a local bar I’d tip her like $2 and she’d turn it out but as far as tv goes… yeah it’s a no for me 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The way I can't be arsed to actually watch the episodes after Soap2Day closed down nnn...

But this season would literally be nothing without the drama Heidi brought to the cameras. For that alone, it makes it more watchable than the pitiful AS5. But it's still lower in my ranking.

AS2 > AS3 > AS6 > AS4 > AS8 > AS5

All Stars 3 gets trashed but it was a fun season, good drama, entertaining cast, eliminations, challenges, etc.

AS4 had the perfect cast but something was missing.

AS5 was a pathetic embarrassment thrown together to crown Shea.

AS6 was a fun, mixed bag of queens which had some really cute results. Definitely a rewatchable season.

Something I don’t see anyone talking about:

If Alexis told everyone she would save Lala, and then the producers chose Alexis as the winner and put Kandy in the bottom with Lala, does that mean the producers basically tried to have Kandy eliminated?

For as much as everyone says Kandy is favored, it sure seems like she was set up to lose there. If they wanted to save Kandy, they would have given the win to Jimbo instead.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Something I don’t see anyone talking about:

If Alexis told everyone she would save Lala, and then the producers chose Alexis as the winner and put Kandy in the bottom with Lala, does that mean the producers basically tried to have Kandy eliminated?

For as much as everyone says Kandy is favored, it sure seems like she was set up to lose there. If they wanted to save Kandy, they would have given the win to Jimbo instead.

Its hard to say what the producers know though. I would be very surprised if the plan was take Lala further than Kandy, although I love the idea.

I wouldn't be surprised if the producers knew Alexis would save Kandy cause of their long-standing friendship, and I don't think Alexis explicitly said she would not vote out Lala, she just said she wouldnt forget Lala saving her (:rip:), so its really hard to speculate. 

I will say this season, more so than any others, its really felt like the elimination order was basically set before they started filming: 

• It was obvious production had no plans for Monica, Kasha, Naysha and surprisingly Darienne
  •  I think Jaymes, Kahana and Lala were all given a redemption arc storyling and where they landed on the show was probably interchangeable depending on how they did
  • Its very very obvious they don't want to risk another UK vs The World with Jimbo, hence why they've tried everything to keep her out of the bottom and I presume they will be handing her the win in the finale
  • As well as Jimbo I think Jessica and Kandy were picked as the frontrunners of the season before it began and I feel as though the plan for Alexis would be to cut her right before the finale like they did on Season 9
  • I don't know where that leaves Heidi, I imagine they would've been keen to take her close to the end, however her placements and critiques before she left made me feel like they may have had no plans for her either.

Btw I have not seen a single spoiler so this is not based on anything other than speculation.

Edited by CroNich

17 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Its hard to say what the producers know though. I would be very surprised if the plan was take Lala further than Kandy, although I love the idea.

I wouldn't be surprised if the producers knew Alexis would save Kandy cause of their long-standing friendship, and I don't think Alexis explicitly said she would not vote out Lala, she just said she wouldnt forget Lala saving her (:rip:), so its really hard to speculate. 

I will say this season, more so than any others, its really felt like the elimination order was basically set before they started filming: 

• It was obvious production had no plans for Monica, Kasha, Naysha and surprisingly Darienne
  •  I think Jaymes, Kahana and Lala were all given a redemption arc storyling and where they landed on the show was probably interchangeable depending on how they did
  • Its very very obvious they don't want to risk another UK vs The World with Jimbo, hence why they've tried everything to keep her out of the bottom and I presume they will be handing her the win in the finale
  • As well as Jimbo I think Jessica and Kandy were picked as the frontrunners of the season before it began and I feel as though the plan for Alexis would be to cut her right before the finale like they did on Season 9
  • I don't know where that leaves Heidi, I imagine they would've been keen to take her close to the end, however her placements and critiques before she left made me feel like they may have had no plans for her either.

Btw I have not seen a single spoiler so this is not based on anything other than speculation.

Same. to be fair, I don’t know that Jimbo has had a truly bottom-worthy performance this season. If they were doing the two winner format then she would have at least one extra win. Idk. Production would know who Alexis picked unless she grabbed both lipsticks but there’s no telling if they’d make her give one back or what. Alexis may have been thinking about personal experiences after the show - in which case she and Kandy being New York queens would make her skew more towards saving Kandy. I truly think Kandy was the worst this week but Lala has been fairly questionable all season… 

idk how much production has towards the input on who stays and goes. I know that they’re looking at who tests well and who Ru loves, but idk. 

Naysha saying the producers all have Reddit accounts is probably accurate. It’d be a good way to gauge how to edit things for the season. Very obviously the queens at least see some of the posts. It’s why I’ve tried to be constructive in my criticism of the queens and not hateful. I’m not a Kandy fan but even I can admit when she’s done okay or well in a challenge. 

What REALLY throws me are the number of times that all of the other queens unanimously voted a queen off when the queen had a received an edit that didn’t make them look like they were the clear bottom. Jaymes, Kahanna, and Lala being clear examples. 

People are doing the most on Alexis right now, but I swear, just like last time, in about a year or two everyone will be stanning, calling her iconic, and that she made this season entertaining and memorable. Alexis is just perfect for reality TV and I hope people wake up sooner than later and stop doing the most on her.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

yeah Trixie will always be that girl despite what OTMH say :clap3:

I don’t hate Trixie and her advocacy is obviously always welcome, but this is mostly a regurgitation of commonly found Twitter discourse, even if that’s not a bad thing

Girls like Peppermint or even Sasha V and Sasha C are more of those girls as far as things like this go

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am DONE with this season: OFFICIALLY. 

Kandy ass shoulda got booted right outta there and everyone knows it. wowwww. This season is becoming unwatchable. AS needs to go on a break after this one. Or at least give us All Winners instead. 

Girl bye 

Why is Alaska saying kandi is beloved on race chaser, since when, she always gets hate. 

SO many of the review podcasts I listen to have totally checked out for this season :rip:

3 hours ago, CroNich said:

The only reason for Jimbo not being in the bottom is she never deserved to be there. We could argue about it in the Rusical, but THAT runway had to be highlighted. Production didn't even have to try here, it's just obvious.

4 hours ago, CroNich said:

I disagree with some of these.

I'm not sure what production expected from Monica, but it didn't matter either way since Monica was clearly unprepared. Naysha, Kasha and Darienne deserved all their bottom placements, and it didn't help that Naysha was apparently trying to antagonize the producers behind the scenes and Kasha was unwilling to really compete against Darienne. The only time Jimbo could be considered for a bottom placement was in the Rusical, and even then there's good reasons why she deserved to be safe there. Producers didn't need to do anything to keep Jimbo safe, Jimbo has kept herself safe.

I think Kandy has been favored a little, probably because she was giving drama, and they tried to give Heidi the Jan treatment and it backfired on them. Not sure about Alexis, it kind of seems like they're just judging Alexis mostly fairly, she probably should have won the Rusical instead of the ball but she has a win either way.

In my opinion, Heidi was the only person really keeping up with Jimbo here, and I thought Heidi should have won episodes three and four (the ball and the commercial challenges), which would have made her the first queen with two wins this season. I also don't think Jimbo should have won the second episode (RDR Live), which would have had Heidi with two wins before Jimbo got her first win in episode five (Snatch Game). Heidi also earned a high placement the first episode and easily could have been given the win there too. I don't always love when queens self-eliminate, but I have to agree with Heidi that the producers just took it too far with her this season. Heidi was the frontrunner, Heidi was doing what everyone thinks Jimbo is doing. And Heidi would have won some of those lip syncs too. I enjoy Jimbo but I hope this season comes down to a lip sync for the crown because I want this competition to have some kind of penalty for being bad at lip syncing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 17

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.