RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

it's wild to me seeing people (not here necessarily) say she would've bottomed had it not been jimbo. it's clearly ridiculous :rip: 

Yes, it's kinda crazy when they're trying to force this narrative that production is hyping her up to death as if she's been payola-d the entire competition, when they're actually doing everything they can and more to make this crown and overall season less obvious than how it actually is. :rip:

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Yes, it's kinda crazy when they're trying to force this narrative that production is hyping her up to death as if she's been payola-d the entire competition, when they're actually doing everything they can and more to make this crown and overall season less obvious than how it actually is. :rip:

if production genuinely wanted to push jimbo, this would've been her fifth win (the three she has plus the ball) and her second lipsync win (after shannel)

hope kandy does well next week. i fear it's lights out for alexis, but then again i also thought this design challenge would be her downfall

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Unoriginal said:

if production genuinely wanted to push jimbo, this would've been her fifth win (the three she has plus the ball) and her second lipsync win (after shannel)

They could have easily edited out the improv challenge to give her another win. 

It feels like they realized mid-season that the competition was too weak so they had to build this narrative where everyone got their win. 

Bianca and the Pit Stop are there to push a narrative for the show, I doubt Bianca actually believes the majority of the “opinions” she gives. 

I could tell when she started pushing Anetra as her “favorite” that she was as top 2 with Sasha. No way in real life Bianca gives a **** about Anetra over honestly the other top 6.

6 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

Bianca and the Pit Stop are there to push a narrative for the show, I doubt Bianca actually believes the majority of the “opinions” she gives. 

I could tell when she started pushing Anetra as her “favorite” that she was as top 2 with Sasha. No way in real life Bianca gives a **** about Anetra over honestly the other top 6.

I guess you have a point here. If it was for Bianca, Sugar and Spice should have been the Top 2 of S15.

• Thumbs Down 3

On 6/22/2023 at 9:12 PM, Rotunda said:

She like the soft shell with carne asada

*****. Dead. I screamed.

On 6/24/2023 at 3:43 AM, shark_heather said:

You mean a 5th win ... last week she was also the best and they gave it to Lala 

Its obvious this show is set up to give to each queen a win and some cash :rip:

Anyways , this season is so bad it hurts my eyes 

Jimbo is actually bored seeing there is 0 competition and Jessica is very likable ... the rest is a bunch of filler and unlikable queens who cannot even create a proper drama 

I’m sorry- I love Jimbo and she is slaying.

but you guys in this thread saying Jimbo deserves the improv win are DELUSIONAL. As a jimbO fan - that was NOT it. Lala did well but it was Jessica who was robbed if anything. Jessica’s entire bit is a drag race franchise classic already. So I’m not gonna sit here and listen to this “Jimbo should have 5 wins” narrative. Because I am not a Republican. 

if anything, Jessica should have 2 or 3 wins, depending on if you wanted to argue that she didn’t deserve the ball win…even though I didn’t think anyone had an amazing ball showing. If anything, Jaymes was a bit robbed that challenge- at least for a high placement.

we need more objective opinions in this thread.

Alexis earned her win this episode. Jimbo’s was cool but there was just something slightly off about it. Bianca (as produced as her opinions on the pit stop are), was right about it being a little plain. I know that’s weird to say based on the design itself- but I don’t think the face-kini with the entire head covered worked right. She should have kept the hood on maybe? And like someone else said in here-covering your entire face on the runway sometimes doesn’t read well. It was definitely a safe-high look. But Alexis used Trinity materials to deliver an Alexis lewk with a Trinity polish. She just kind of did everything perfectly well for the assignment.

and the good sis was robbed of her Rusical top placement (bc that was arguably Jessica’s win tbh)- and she also did not deserve her low placement over Kandy for the improv.

all that being said- I truly believe production was not gonna let her send home Kandy! And it’s not a coincidence that everyone else chose Lala’s lip stick as well! So don’t shade her for sending Lala home when apparently everyone else agreed (including production lol)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

But Alexis used Trinity materials to deliver an Alexis lewk with a Trinity polish.

I stopped reading the essay here. A well-constructed dress, FAR from Trinity's level of polishness.

Alexis’s tulle was giving the toilet paper from her improv character stuck on her ass, very ugly, an afterthought and worse than Jimbo’s pearl face. They just wanted to give Alexis her redemption like they did with literally every other queen this season, while also keeping Jimbo’s obvious impending win at bay. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

On 6/24/2023 at 7:45 AM, Haze said:

I'm sorry, but what would this season be without Alexis. She gives everything the others lack; completely genuine try hard delusion, cringe attempts at humor while actually being hilarious when she's just herself, and that all while being actually talented and stunning. Yes, she's not exactly a likeable persona, but she delivers on the promise of DRAG race in the best way, IMO. She's reality tv gold.

If only Jimbo didn't hold back this time around (understandable as it is) we'd have a great season imo.  Alexis, Jessica and Jimbo are the kind of characters that make drag race still so watchable.

Complete tea. It goes to show how casting the right queens can still make the show good. But casting the right queens and not interfering with the eliminations would make the show even better.

also- sorry mods for the triple posts but I just keep catching up and responding as I go 

please forgive me! (At least I’m keeping the thread alive teehee 🤭)

14 hours ago, Solaris said:

Hi, I was banned for 6 months because I made a bad joke that was perceived as a serious death threat. It’s honestly weighed on me a little, so now that I’m unbanned I want to apologize, I’ve felt bad about it this whole time because clearly my joke was offensive, not funny

I know probably nobody else cares or remembers me but it really has weighed on me that I was actually banned from somewhere because people thought I was being violent, like that’s insane and it made me reflect on my behavior 

That’s really good that you reflected- it’s called growth- l and if we don’t grow from our mistakes, we’re wasting life’s opportunities. Well done, mama.

Am I the only one who didn’t care for Jessica’s dress? It wasn’t as basic as Kandy’s dress or as awkward as Lala’s but it wasn’t stellar. Jimbo’s look wasn’t as good as Alexis’s but it wasn’t as bad as some people were saying. She was also hilarious so that helped. Nicky being back was interesting but I guess it’s good to give DRF a little promo. The lip sync was basic but realistically that song just wasn’t a great choice as a lip sync song. 

Everyone saying this is a shitty lip sync choice meanwhile I truly think production was trying to throw a bone to Alexis and she just failed to deliver :michael:

• Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

Everyone saying this is a shitty lip sync choice meanwhile I truly think production was trying to throw a bone to Alexis and she just failed to deliver :michael:

Kinda agree with this, to me Alexis won just because of the last 10 seconds. Up to that point, they were pretty much on the same (low) level. 

It’s the kind of song you need to add a comedic twist of some sort to really nailit, Monét (just to name the first one that came to my mind) would have slayed that lipsync.

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, TrueBlood said:

Kinda agree with this, to me Alexis won just because of the last 10 seconds. Up to that point, they were pretty much on the same (low) level. 

It’s the kind of song you need to add a comedic twist of some sort to really nailit, Monét (just to name the first one that came to my mind) would have slayed that lipsync.

I was gonna name Monet too! And Shea

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

I was gonna name Monet too! And Shea

Well yes, last year’s “farm” lipsync was exactly what I had in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, Solaris said:

Wdym justice for Monica? Justice would have been not casting Monica, she wasn’t anywhere near ready and I found her uncomfortable to watch. Then even after she’s eliminated, people try to tip toe around how bad her fame game runways are and it’s just all around uncomfortable.

i dont remember anyones fame game runways but i feel like monica was just gettign first day back jitters after being off of television for about a decade now

Legenbo is clearing so easy the other girls arent even trailing.

That look was a shoot.

18 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Legenbo is clearing so easy the other girls arent even trailing.

That look was a shoot.

I agree, Alexis’s win this week felt like a pity win to me. I am really surprised there are people who didn’t like Jimbo’s look

• Thumbs Down 1

I like Jessica’s performances so far but not as much as some other people do. The only challenge I felt she did really well in was the improv challenge, and even there I agreed with the judges that Lala was better. I felt Jessica was over-praised for giving safe performances in other challenges like RDR Live, the ball, and the Rusical. Even this last design challenge, Jessica’s dress was fine but the judges liked it more than I did.

• Like 1

Old drag race Untucked is so funny because of the hypocrisy, Shangela and Mariah dragged Mimi in that iconic fight because Mimi was "unpolished" and not bringing it on the runway, but that's the same EXACT critique Raja and Manila gave to Shangela because they felt like she was beneath them and also unpolished compared to them and she was pissed about it. Also, the same episode, those girls were in Untucked because they were safe not high or the winner so that makes it EXTRA funny.

In Season 6, during Laganjas iconic breakdown, the girls are dragging her for being "fake" or putting on a character ON A DRAG TELEVISION SHOW, that is to this day the ultimate irony in drag race stupidity. Of course Laganja and Jay were different people, and Laganja was over the top when the cameras were on as she should have been! Dela also stayed in character the entire time as does Tammy Brown, but I guess Laganja must have been annoying everyone to the point of it being addressed by Michelle. 

Alexis winning this week was correct. That’s the most beautiful I’ve ever seen Alexis Michelle. Jimbo’s look was cool, but that mask? Like this is still a drag competition now….

WE WERE SO CLOSE!!!!!!! :redface:

But I guess a top 3/4 with Kandy is more exciting than having Lala there tho. :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

Old drag race Untucked is so funny because of the hypocrisy, Shangela and Mariah dragged Mimi in that iconic fight because Mimi was "unpolished" and not bringing it on the runway, but that's the same EXACT critique Raja and Manila gave to Shangela because they felt like she was beneath them and also unpolished compared to them and she was pissed about it. Also, the same episode, those girls were in Untucked because they were safe not high or the winner so that makes it EXTRA funny.

In Season 6, during Laganjas iconic breakdown, the girls are dragging her for being "fake" or putting on a character ON A DRAG TELEVISION SHOW, that is to this day the ultimate irony in drag race stupidity. Of course Laganja and Jay were different people, and Laganja was over the top when the cameras were on as she should have been! Dela also stayed in character the entire time as does Tammy Brown, but I guess Laganja must have been annoying everyone to the point of it being addressed by Michelle. 

Because Tammy Brown and DeLa are saying things through their humor. Their thoughts aren't drowned out by their characters; they're amplified

Laganja would just boot up one of her standard fierce diva yas gawd mawma responses and that's what annoyed them. She was just making sound to be making sound

• Like 2

The two most payola'd queens this season are Jessica & LaLaRi

loosey-smile.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.