RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Also let’s be cognizant of the fact that Kandy gets so much hate too because she’s a fat queen of color, like that’s blatantly obvious but it should be recognized while most of us lash her in here. I wish I could defend her performance on the show more, but she’s gotten a bit of a villain edit again similar to her S13 run and she’s being pushed so it’s hard :deadbanana: 

I’m just glad Lala isn’t bombing (besides her runways…) because at least one girl from S13 deserves to be liked

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

We love another Vogue Mexico cover.

Valentina really didn't lie when she finished off the remaining follicles from Sasha Velour's bald head by saying she didn't come to be a star, she came to show the star that she is. 

https://www.vogue.mx/articulo/valentina-entrevista-portada-digital-vogue-junio-2023

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtrYaottC49/?hl=en

Valentina-Drag-portada-vogue-junio-2023.jpg

Valentina-Drag-Race-Mexico-portada-de-vogue.jpg

valentina-drag-en-portada-de-vogue.jpg

Valentina-habla-sobre-Drag-Race-Mexico.jpg

Edited by Jaye
  • Like 2

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Yeah she gets pushed way more than what she’s delivering on the show, but there are queens in the past who definitely got pushed more than Kandy, but as for recent seasons (S10-S15) I think she’s at least top 3 most pushed

But that’s just the name of the game and it’s fine but my post is more centered on the fact that she always has some excuse to justify why she flopped, rather than just being like yeah I was **** lol

But I also recognize that it’s because if she gives the fans any ammo they’ll fully launch an attack on her and feel justified doing so cause Kandy called herself out, so it kind of is what it is. Still a little annoying to me, but I love Kandy when she’s not on the show. Her pitstop and live shows are honestly pretty good, I just don’t think she’s a good drag race queen but production doesn’t feel that way.

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Also let’s be cognizant of the fact that Kandy gets so much hate too because she’s a fat queen of color, like that’s blatantly obvious but it should be recognized while most of us lash her in here. I wish I could defend her performance on the show more, but she’s gotten a bit of a villain edit again similar to her S13 run and she’s being pushed so it’s hard :deadbanana: 

I’m just glad Lala isn’t bombing (besides her runways…) because at least one girl from S13 deserves to be liked

I pretty much agree with everything you said

she does get unserved hate though; so I try to be nice to her 

Hate is overblown but she does get away with a flopping sometimes … and I wish she would lean into it!!

I just don't really like Valentina's mug nowadays. She does the realism thing well (better than Naomi Smalls who also had such good mug before), but it just doesn't hold a candle to her full drag face.

Kandy knows how to play the game tbh. She realizes very quickly when a part has the potential for a win. I'm more annoyed by the other Queen's for always buckling over.

I haven’t followed Valentina but why is her makeup worse than on her first season of DR :biblio: it should be the other way around 

• Like 2

Yeah they chose some wonky photos of Valentina but she still looks great. I miss her 2020 mug it was the perfect combo of old and new 

These girls have plastic surgery so they have more feminine features and then think they can start painting like biological girls but they can’t. Val and Naomi’s mugs are such downgrades compared to how they were on AS4.

Val looks busted and has for years. Her look peaked in S9, which is sad.

Kandy be living in yalls heads rent FREE :ahh: 

im not particularly a fan of her but the conversation around her is gross and exhausting. Especially when in this thread there were users openly calling her a “fat greasy monster” :rip: 

Obviously not everyone is going to like her but the dog piling going on when a lot of it is rooted in fatphobia/other bigotry is ANNOYING to put it lightly  

I also think it’s crazy that people get upset about Kandy being “pushed” to top 2 on

S13 which had the worst cast ever, like y’all really care that Rose or Mik wasn’t top 2? Or anyone else in the top 6 of the season for that matter? Who cares :rip: 

Edited by Rigalo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Shinning said:

These girls have plastic surgery so they have more feminine features and then think they can start painting like biological girls but they can’t. Val and Naomi’s mugs are such downgrades compared to how they were on AS4.

I agree. I also think Vanjie’s mug downgraded after S11.

10 hours ago, Jaye said:

Valentina really didn't lie when she finished off the remaining follicles from Sasha Velour's bald head by saying she didn't come to be a star, she came to show the star that she is. 

https://www.vogue.mx/articulo/valentina-entrevista-portada-digital-vogue-junio-2023

Hold on a minute, Did Valentina transition and I wasn't aware of that? She looks absolutely breathtaking! Not that she didn't look good before but there's this new air of feminity I'm noticing from her and I'm really loving it  

33 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Hold on a minute, Did Valentina transition and I wasn't aware of that? She looks absolutely breathtaking! Not that she didn't look good before but there's this new air of feminity I'm noticing from her and I'm really loving it  

I don’t believe so. She’s been doing a more “natural” mug now for a few years. I miss her S9 and AS4 makeup. Don’t get me wrong - she looks great but I feel like it ages her a bit. 

Valentina looks great and she is the best at the natural mug trend (e.g., Naomi) but I did like the full face better too.

16 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I saw this live going on at like 3am my time, so not the girls staying up late to drag Bob :rip: 

I know Jacob must be so annoyed with Bob staying up all night every night doing these absolutely stupid, pointless Twitter and TikTok debates.

34 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I don’t believe so. She’s been doing a more “natural” mug now for a few years. I miss her S9 and AS4 makeup. Don’t get me wrong - she looks great but I feel like it ages her a bit. 

Oh ok, yeah, that makes sense, I was very confused for a second

The Valentina downgrade :deadbanana4:

6 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Kandy be living in yalls heads rent FREE :ahh: 

im not particularly a fan of her but the conversation around her is gross and exhausting. Especially when in this thread there were users openly calling her a “fat greasy monster” :rip: 

Obviously not everyone is going to like her but the dog piling going on when a lot of it is rooted in fatphobia/other bigotry is ANNOYING to put it lightly  

I also think it’s crazy that people get upset about Kandy being “pushed” to top 2 on

S13 which had the worst cast ever, like y’all really care that Rose or Mik wasn’t top 2? Or anyone else in the top 6 of the season for that matter? Who cares :rip: 

The rightful lashings Kandy gets has nothing to do with fatphobia, racism, etc etc. It has everything to do with her being an arrogant, disrespectful, mid queen who is praised by Ru and kept around by WOW to deliver drama & arguments. Her attitude is STINKY and it's not fun to watch. :coffee2:

15 hours ago, Jaye said:

She really improved her Spanish for the DRMX gig

:clap3:

ddd I'd be more upset about Kandy getting payola'd through the competition if this was in any way a good season. Luckily, it's quite awful! So I'm happy they used their Kandy bias card here rather than on a good season with a good cast. :fan:

• Like 3

Valentina sounds really lovely, sadly her mug isn't as gorgeous as it used to be, it was so iconic with those very defined eyebrow hairs. 

1 hour ago, Subomie said:

ddd I'd be more upset about Kandy getting payola'd through the competition if this was in any way a good season. Luckily, it's quite awful! So I'm happy they used their Kandy bias card here rather than on a good season with a good cast. :fan:

And now we said it. It would be truly horrific if Kandy was being pushed past real contenders in an AS2 or AS4 cast. But so far, she’s been performing mid just like everyone else in the cast except Jimbo, Jessica and maybe Alexis. 

Plus I have to give her props for sending home another payola queen Jaymes :keir:

Yeah truly who are you all saying that has been eliminated are we really missing out on with Kandy still being here? Or are you just screaming payola into the void

Maybe Darienne? But Kandy also definitely wasn't performing bottom worthy in any of the weeks Darienne was in the bottom so hard to justify that. Like Heidi might still be here if it weren't for Kandy, but she also had a stank attitude and was ready to quit before any of that even happened so hard to say that for sure.

Monica and Naysha have two of the worst runway packages in recent memory, Kasha is a middle of the road comedy queen and she was fairly eliminated in one of the worst design challenge looks ever, Kahanna already overstayed her welcome by at least 2 weeks, Jaymes' shtick and looks were getting stale fast.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.