COVID-19 [Day 1600]

Genius1111

56 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

After avoiding covid for 2+ years by masking religiously at work and everywhere in public, I finally decided to stop wearing one last Friday.  Today I tested positive. :gaycat6: 

Since I'm triple vaxxed, my symptoms have been relatively mild so far. :dancehall:

same...

successfully avoided this **** since January 2020 when it hit my country

it finally got to me 2+ years and 3 vaccines later. whoops.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

Experts say testing has dropped by 70 to 90% worldwide from the first to the second quarter of this year — the opposite of what they say should be happening with new omicron variants on the rise in places such as the United States and South Africa.

“We’re not testing anywhere near where we might need to,” said Dr. Krishna Udayakumar, who directs the Duke Global Health Innovation Center at Duke University. “We need the ability to ramp up testing as we’re seeing the emergence of new waves or surges to track what’s happening” and respond.

Reported daily cases in the U.S., for example, are averaging 73,633, up more than 40% over the past two weeks, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. But that is a vast undercount because of the testing downturn and the fact tests are being taken at home and not reported to health departments.

2 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:
Experts say testing has dropped by 70 to 90% worldwide from the first to the second quarter of this year — the opposite of what they say should be happening with new omicron variants on the rise in places such as the United States and South Africa.

“We’re not testing anywhere near where we might need to,” said Dr. Krishna Udayakumar, who directs the Duke Global Health Innovation Center at Duke University. “We need the ability to ramp up testing as we’re seeing the emergence of new waves or surges to track what’s happening” and respond.

Reported daily cases in the U.S., for example, are averaging 73,633, up more than 40% over the past two weeks, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. But that is a vast undercount because of the testing downturn and the fact tests are being taken at home and not reported to health departments.

I'm getting really concerned to see how COVID will develop within these next several months. I always expected another wave to happen, but I was predicting one to happen in the fall, not as early as summer. Pair undercounting with lessened restrictions and you have a recipe for disaster.

I'm also just really concerned with how things will be in North Korea. We've seen how COVID can affect unvaccinated populations in countries where they are a minority, but the fact that the vast majority of North Korea is unvaccinated is terrifying. And I'm concerned about what type of variants will emerge now within these next few months.

2 hours ago, Jotham said:

I'm getting really concerned to see how COVID will develop within these next several months. I always expected another wave to happen, but I was predicting one to happen in the fall, not as early as summer. Pair undercounting with lessened restrictions and you have a recipe for disaster.

I'm also just really concerned with how things will be in North Korea. We've seen how COVID can affect unvaccinated populations in countries where they are a minority, but the fact that the vast majority of North Korea is unvaccinated is terrifying. And I'm concerned about what type of variants will emerge now within these next few months.

South Africa has entered their fifth wave and yesterday the country has reported 114 new deaths. We really thought that Omicron BA1/2 will be the final wave yet here we go again :gaycat6:

12 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

COVID going to wipe NK off the map.

8 hours ago, Tusk said:

COVID going to wipe NK off the map.

Is this... celebratory?? :biblio:

At a COVID testing center in the Chiawelo area of Soweto, many people come in to be tested for COVID, but find out they have flu.

“Now we’re in flu season ... so it’s flu versus COVID-19,” said Magdeline Matsoso, site manager at the Chiawelo vaccination center. She said people come for testing because they have COVID symptoms.

“When we do the tests, you find that the majority of them, they are negative when it comes to COVID, but they do have flu symptoms,” said Matsoso. “So they get flu treatment and then they go home because the majority is related to flu and not COVID.”

Vuyo Lumkwani was one of those who came to get tested.

“I wasn’t feeling well when I woke up this morning. I woke up with body pains, a headache, blocked (nose), feeling dizzy, so I decided to come here,” she said.

“I was terrified about my symptoms because I thought it might be COVID-19, but I told myself that I’d be OK because I have been vaccinated,” said Lumkwani. She said she was relieved to be diagnosed with flu and advised to go home with some medications and rest.

After over 2 years and 3 vaccine shots COVID finally got me. I kinda knew I would get it after my trip to Copenhagen and going to Marina‘s concert. I have very mild symptoms tho, it feels like a having a bit of a cold.

It seems like there are only 2 countries with 0 official cases, namely Turkmenistan and Tuvalu. However, given that Turkmenistan is essentially N Korea without the nuclear weapons, I guess Tuvalu is the last one standing. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.