US Politics 🇺🇸 (Debates Welcome)

khalyan

Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

Reminder that the US Politics Thread is a privilege. In the past, the staff of ATRL has been hesitant of maintaining US politics threads outside of presidential election cycles due to the room for drama and inordinately intense back-and-forth. Be mindful of that. Thread bans from the US Presidential Election 2020 Thread have not been carried over for this thread to give everyone a clean slate. Do not abuse that by ramping up discourse beyond the pale. So, please, be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kassi

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

2 hours ago, slik said:

This is so painful to watch at this point. :bibliahh:

erection is a tt right now. his power, ig?

Been numb to most politics recently except for 1) The notion of Senator Walker and 2) Alito leaking the Dobbs decision

Both of which I'm viscerally pissed off about in ways I didn't think possible weeks ago, even with the bittersweet midterm results.

On the latter, I....really what can come of the Whitehouse/Johnson investigation? Can we unpack that here because I feel like it just blew by amidst all the other mess. There's multiple layers to this.

One more reason to move forward with the Green New Deal, or whatever alternative energy sources, is that we could finally become less dependent of the oil sultans in the Middle East. They have build their big cities with our money while continuing to oppress women and gay men. It's time to stop feeding them.

Alaska published their final RCV results and Murkowski holds her Senate seat and Peltola holds her House seat. 

This is so delicious 

The Freedom Caucus forcing McCarthy to push for an impeachment effort against the most uncontroversial president of the last two decades that’s likely to fail even in the House is the stuff dreams are made of. 

I know girlies like @ClashAndBurn don’t think this will turn off voters to Republicans or help Democrats. But, after Trump’s approvals went up in the first impeachment despite him repulsing the public enough to lose the House… I just can’t see how, at a minimum, this is a good move for Republicans. Even McCarthy doesn’t think there’s an impeachable offense.

He’ll be scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for a reason.  :gaycat6:

spacer.png

I knew he was a mainstream Dem based on his platform (i.e. I support fracking), but never knew he outright said this. :rip:

I forgot how funny this was:dies:

My family called me "Chairman Mao" for voting Democrat at the Thanksgiving table :rip:

2 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

My family called me "Chairman Mao" for voting Democrat at the Thanksgiving table :rip:

It's just such a cackle because we know who China would've been backing and it wasn't the Democrats :bibliahh: 

Edited by Wonderland

:ahh: Not a sidequest :ahh: 

16 hours ago, Kassi said:

spacer.png

I knew he was a mainstream Dem based on his platform (i.e. I support fracking), but never knew he outright said this. :rip:

Fetterman: "I don't call my ideas progressive because everyone else is now finally where I was at 6 years ago"

You, on your Thanksgiving day: "I GOT HIM NOW :jonny:"

:deadbanana4:

Did your refund for your Tim Ryan donation get approved?

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Fetterman: "I don't call my ideas progressive because everyone else is now finally where I was at 6 years ago"

:bibliahh: 

4 hours ago, Communion said:

Everyone talks politics at the table on Thanksgiving day. It’s an American tradition. :chick1:

More importantly, do you support fracking sis?

Or is the extreme ideological culling only reserved for people who didn’t back Bernie?

spacer.png

:rip:

:lmao: 

On 11/22/2022 at 6:55 PM, slik said:

Herschel Walker Petty doing too much now. Christian better clock him again. :lmao:

Republicans spent the past few years saying that Biden has dementia and is a puppet for Kamala, AOC and Bernie. That he isn’t really in charge. 

Now they are trying to say that he is a criminal mastermind that needs to be impeached for all the wrongdoings he is solely responsible for. 

They can’t push both of these points at the same time. They are too contradictory. The endless Hunter Biden laptop investigation is going to be a circus while Trump is at rallies shouting that Biden in his basement