2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

• Replies 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

plus Pelosi is showing signs of cognitive decline as well, she's clearly not the one to judge other's mental sharpnessΒ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

his diet is as bad as Trump's, but he's "healthier than any of us"????? Okay O'Malley-Dillon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

7 hours ago, GhostBox said:

Yup. This is a real thing that is going to happen.Β 
Β 

which is why Biden will be the nominee.Β 

What does it tell you that the GOP want Bideh on the ballot and want to stop any effort to replace him?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

NYT poll should be dropping this morning, I wonder what fresh news today is gonna bring πŸ’€

15 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Β 

I mean I get it, but if we're talking about replacing an entire presidential nominee we can't really afford to just keep waiting to see

Edited by Redstreak
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GhostBox said:

Wouldn't doubt it πŸ˜‚

Β 

Will Stancil acts like no one can form an opinion of their own except for him and everyone else is just being misled by the media about Biden. Like, no, even Bernie Bros are begging for Kamala.

Β 

Β 

7 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I mean I get it, but if we're talking about replacing an entire presidential nominee we can't really afford to just keep waiting to see

I think they're waiting on the Stephanopoulos interview specifically. The preview to that will be on Friday, and the full thing will be aired Sunday. The idea of him doing the interview to begin with was probably to put a lid on more House Dems calling for his head for at least a few days. The Friday clip will be selectively clipped so that he looks fine enough to shut everyone up, and then the actual interview probably won't matter as much whether he flops or not. That's the only approach that makes sense because he's been avoiding even the friendliest of softball interviews Β for his entire presidency.

Β 

Not stopping leaks like this from coming out though. "Donkey in the room" :bibliahh:Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Also....didn't Biden supporters (the ones who said he was mentally cognizant) tell us over and over that a disillusioned youth vote is not a big issue because the chickens always come home or some ****?Β 

Β 

Kamala will have to be a compelling presidential candidate. But her obstacles to that (showing remorse for her top cop past, at the very least abandoning Biden's harsh language on Israel and Palestine and doing the bare minimum of appearing compassionate like Obama could) are much easier to overcome than Biden now succumbing to the criticism of his age.Β 

Β 

But we warned yall of this.Β 

Β 

We said that you need an energized progressive base as a foundation to push back against media narratives and be Biden's advocates.Β 

Β 

But you rebuked progressives and defended the worst of Biden's personal conservatism.Β 

Β 

And all it took was a horrific debate performance and no bleeding heart advocates in Biden's corner for the hole to fall out the bottom and him become unelectable to independents.Β 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 5

I'm getting rumbling from friends of being favorable to drafting Michelle Obama if Biden decides to pull out. Seen some polling of her easily over Trump.

5 minutes ago, chessguy99 said:

I'm getting rumbling from friends of being favorable to drafting Michelle Obama if Biden decides to pull out. Seen some polling of her easily over Trump.

LOL what? And sorry but are your friends a reliable source? It's too late for Michelle. It'll be Harris or Biden.Β 

Β 

im so ******* coconut tree pilled right now

Edited by Redstreak

9 minutes ago, chessguy99 said:

The Michelle Obama take is so stale. People like her because she is apolitical. Her numbers would drop if she ever shared her thoughts on any controversial topic. What is her official stance on what is going on in Palestine? As a former First Lady she doesn't have to share it, but as a presidential nominee she would.Β 
Β 

Michelle Obama replacing Biden is a Β conspiracy theory repeated feverishly by the far right. They believe she will be a puppet for husband and also they disgustingly joke about her being a man, referring to her as "big mike"

Β 

She has said a million times she has no interest running for any political position. Which makes sense because she's an apolitical celebrityΒ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eat The Acid said:

LOL what? And sorry but are your friends a reliable source? It's too late for Michelle. It'll be Harris or Biden.Β 

My friends are like me, we are boomers and we VOTE. We have acquaintances and family members who are in the same shape as Biden, so we know how much of a farce his presidency is. The boomers were the one block Biden could count on, but now we see the reality of how much out of it he is.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chessguy99 said:

My friends are like me, we are boomers and we VOTE. We have acquaintances and family members who are in the same shape as Biden, so we know how much of a farce his presidency is. The boomers were the one block Biden could count on, but now we see the reality of how much out of it he is.

What's that got to do with your credibility saying Michelle O will replace Biden. Thats nonsense.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eat The Acid said:

What's that got to do with your credibility saying Michelle O will replace Biden. Thats nonsense.Β 

I don't think they're saying it will happen, just that people he knows would prefer that

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

I don't think they're saying it will happen, just that people he knows would prefer that

Ah ok. I understand now. Thank you.Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.