2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

They would need to do something like an actual real roll call vote on the convention floor of all the released delegates and, if Kamala won (she likely would due to party pressure), argue that she'd automatically make her VP be the person with the next most delegates so people feel it was some kind of elected process.Β 

Β 

Harris' campaign basically failed in 2020 because she had no political identity and swayed between progressive ans centrist whenever her aides told her to play a new side. She would need to run to Biden's left and frame herself as a solidly progressive lib answer to defeating Donald Trump.Β 

Β 

She's extremely charismatic yet was deeply untrusted due to not displaying remorse for her top cop past and switching positions faster than she could talk. She would need to carve out an actual identity of who Kamala Harris is.Β 

Kamala is the obvious choice. But I think she will lose to Trump as bad if not worse than Biden in the end πŸ’€

Β 

the one poll says Pete is the best polling person actually and well we all know he wouldn't win either πŸ˜‚

• Replies 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Β 

Jesus….

An absolute bloodbath is in our future it seems

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Espresso said:

And yet another day of chaotic news…:deadbanana:

It's gonna be this way all the way to Election Day. On both sides. πŸ’€

Β 

Β 

Β 

Let's just say Kamala takes the spot. She would obviously have to pick a white dude as her VP choice.Β 
Β 

so what's everyone's opinions on who it should be?Β 
Β 

maybe Roy Cooper from NC?Β 
Andy Beshear from KY?Β 
Β 

Β 

Edited by GhostBox

• ATRL Moderator
26 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why would they run Kamala though? It's clear they need to distance themselves from Biden's toxic political brand, not give voters another round.Β 

All they need is to run Kamala as a better alternative to Trump without having to get any more depth and honestly it’ll probably work.Β 

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Let's just say Kamala takes the spot. She would obviously have to pick a white dude as her VP choice.Β 
Β 

Β 

Andy Beshear from KY?Β 
Β 

Β 

Pete

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Β 

Dumb question; why does this matter? Wasn't the payment instructed to be given before he was President? It couldn't have been an official act.

9 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Β 

Β 

Andy Beshear from KY?Β 
Β 

Β 

As someone from KY, my vote is for AndyΒ :bird:

3 minutes ago, Blade said:

Dumb question; why does this matter? Wasn't the payment instructed to be given before he was President? It couldn't have been an official act.

I'm sure that's why the judge wants time to go over every detail to make sure theres no room for the Trump team to push this. But come on 2 months? πŸ’€

6 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Pete

There no way the left would be happy with Pete on the ticket πŸ’€

Β 

kamala is even pushing it for themΒ 

I still firmly believe Biden will remain the nominee (for better or worse) but I expected things to get *less* turbulent 5 days after the debate, not more... :dancehall:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Pete

With hopes for a Prez pipeline?

Β 

McKinsey CIA plant, a livid South Bend black community, and great hearing/interview rebuttal prep aside, this man will never be president.Β 

Β 

Starting the pipeline with VP will be seen as too obvious for primary voters and the country is not ready for a gay president. Especially Latino and older black voters, but we're not allowed to talk about that apparently.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

There no way the left would be happy with Pete on the ticket πŸ’€

Β 

kamala is even pushing it for themΒ 

Apparently according to that open labs internal polling when difference in name recognition is factored in Pete and Whitmer actually do the best

17 minutes ago, khalyan said:

All they need is to run Kamala as a better alternative to Trump without having to get any more depth and honestly it'll probably work.Β 

Nah, they really need a fresh candidate who can market themselves as a fresh start and distance themselves from Biden. Biden isn't viewed positively and organizers say down ballot candidates are distancing themselves from him.Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Β 

The fact they need to insert themselves more forcefully into the platform process speaks volumes.

Actually, the Republican party platform is lining up to be the one thing that will generate some fireworks at the convention. The Trump staff is probably quietly working behind the scenes to keep the platform from going to extreme. There is an influential element of the party that is fully committed to this near Gilead type state.

Just now, Redstreak said:

Apparently according to that open labs internal polling when difference in name recognition is factored in Pete and Whitmer actually do the best

Which is very surprising.Β 
Β 

Iam a fan of Whitmer but I just don't see the party going to her and not Kamala.Β 
Β 

Kamala is the first black woman VP. She would also be able to use the hundreds of millions of dollars in the Biden reelection bank and use its ground game.Β 
Β 

anyone else would have to start from scratch.Β 

5 minutes ago, Temporal said:

I still firmly believe Biden will remain the nominee (for better or worse) but I expected things to get *less* turbulent 5 days after the debate, not more... :dancehall:

I agree.Β 
Β 

but the media now have a juicy story and they aren't gonna let it go easilyΒ 

This assumption that it has to be Kamala is so weird. If Obama decided to drop out in 2012 around this same time and not seek reelection I doubt Biden would've been the push back then. The party establishment probably would've rallied behind Hillary like in 2008. Kamala has had four years to build national popularity and failed.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GhostBox said:

Which is very surprising.Β 
Β 

Iam a fan of Whitmer but I just don't see the party going to her and not Kamala.Β 
Β 

Kamala is the first black woman VP. She would also be able to use the hundreds of millions of dollars in the Biden reelection bank and use its ground game.Β 
Β 

anyone else would have to start from scratch.Β 

Let's not act like Dems can't find a way to transfer funds through a PAC or through legal loopholes. This argument doesn't hold up. There are contingency plans for other scenarios.Β 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.