2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

28 minutes ago, mig123 said:

ronald reagan was not ahead in any poll ….. lies…in matter of fact 6/10 american taught he should not run and there was many concerns and people calling for him to drop out… more than Biden 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1982/09/17/reagan-should-not-seek-second-term-majority-believes/4ccc2a56-1693-469d-af51-1368fd0fc649/

Mondale leads the president by 3 points, 41 to 38.

This was two years before the unemployment rate fell to like 7% in 1984, before the Beirut bombings that killed Americans, and before the invasion of Grenada. By January 1984 Reagan's approval rating was 54% among registered voters and the NYT had a poll that had him 16 points above Mondale.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/418804

So had Biden been a president that actually showed strength and provided results Americans could see and most importantly feel then yes his campaign could have shifted focus away from his cognitive issues and toward his record. But there is no record to fall back on for Biden, nor any strong international leadership in the way Reagan was perceived. A more apt comparison would be to Jimmy Carter although at the very least Carter did the best he could for peace in the Middle East. 

Edited by bad guy
  • Like 4

• Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Although some say it isn't. It is Too late. 

the deadline to be in the ballot for Wisconsin is over with. No dem can win the Whitehouse without Wisconsin 

Biden can change the deadline as an official act.

21 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Interesting how nobody in media is calling them power-hungry like they did with the Trump family/GOP when this is obviously what's going on here. No rational person would be okay with putting such a feeble man with such cognitive decline out to "save democracy". So either all that fear-mongering about Trump is bullshit, or they are just as power driven and corrupt as they claim the right to be. Or they're genuinely idiots that think Biden is perfect for this job.

All horrible scenarios regardless :rip:

clearly the whole family is in it because of the gravy train, even that pesky Jill! 

1 hour ago, Aston Martin said:

It's a very selfish position, if they want Biden so badly out, she should at least say that she's ready to lead or ready to put Michigan on track for dems and  Biden if he stays  :giraffe: 

47 minutes ago, mig123 said:

let's go back in history and teach you guys a lesson 

Ronald Reagan had the worst cognitive issues while being president. people criticized him more than biden for his old age and cognitive issue… yet he was able to neutralize "old age" and so can Biden… people called for him to drop out and to be replaced 

ronald reagan won the re election by the biggest landslide in History! He won 49 states and 525 electoral college votes…:eddie:

Ronald Reagan was 40 yo 

Joe Biden is 81 yo. He already shows signs he's not fit for a job like this at this point. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shyboi said:

It's been over but now it's like officially over. We all know how this ends. 

I'm gonna vote but mentally I've already given up. 2016 but worse incoming.

https://www.economist.com/interactive/us-2024-election/build-a-voter

ARIZONA

Screenshot-20240701-122656-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-122637-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-122624-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-130525-Chrome.jpg

MICHIGAN

Screenshot-20240701-120428-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-115722-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-115758-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-115636-Chrome.jpg

WISCONSIN 

Screenshot-20240701-124812-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-124826-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-124835-Chrome.jpg

GEORGIA *drops also similar for Black Women. 35 - 44 demographic going from 97% Biden to 90% for example

Screenshot-20240701-125233-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-125313-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-125323-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240701-125333-Chrome.jpg

Edited by Armani?

I see we're bringing back the classics today

I'm soo mad and heartbroken at the democrats for running Biden a second time. I lowkey never want to vote for them again. They're either completely ignorant/inept or just don't care as much as they say they do about beating Trump. The stakes are so ******* high and they just did absolutely nothing to save us from Trump. Smh

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

i accepted tr*mp gonna win. and i may be sent to the cottonfields. :rip:

This is basically how I feel. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devin said:

i accepted tr*mp gonna win. and i may be sent to the cottonfields. :rip:

Nnn :weeps:

• Like 1

I still expect Biden to somehow pull throught :toofunny2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mig123 said:

let's go back in history and teach you guys a lesson 

Ronald Reagan had the worst cognitive issues while being president. people criticized him more than biden for his old age and cognitive issue… yet he was able to neutralize "old age" and so can Biden… people called for him to drop out and to be replaced 

ronald reagan won the re election by the biggest landslide in History! He won 49 states and 525 electoral college votes…:eddie:

Darling, look at the polls and please face reality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoldierofLove said:

But in this day and age, it's going to be hard to "neutralize" the old age argument.

I don't pretend to know how it was during Regan's time, but I'd imagine it was easy to get people to forget about his old age and cognitive issues.

Social media is having a field day with Biden's "senior moments". It will be on everyone's mind by the time they mark their ballots. This will not go away.

exactly!!!!! comparing this kind of controversy with pre-social media ones is not it. 

it won't go away, we are remembered about it everyday and i'm brazilian, i'm not even from the USA, can't even imagine how u guys are remembered of it 24/7. 

the day people will mark their ballots they will for sure remember that Biden is not mentally capable of the job. 

Edited by Selegend
  • Thanks 1

They are so dumb for this. They need to put up another candidate while there is still time if they REALLY care about saving democracy from a tr*mp presidency. 

This is such a sad time for americans.

8 minutes ago, Orsay said:

I'm soo mad and heartbroken at the democrats for running Biden a second time. I lowkey never want to vote for them again. They're either completely ignorant/inept or just don't care as much as they say they do about beating Trump. The stakes are so ******* high and they just did absolutely nothing to save us from Trump. Smh

It's insane. I understand why people believe conspiracy theories with both the current government of both France and US just handing the power over to far-right wingers without even trying to resist :skull: Unfortunately I think they're just stupid and out of touch

6 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

What did i miss? It's tight but Biden leads in the percentage tho no? 

It'll be super close….again 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.