2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

35 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Ever since Roy Moore's defeat at the hand of black female turnout being 97%+ the DNC felt they owed black women at the expense of all other turn-out (read: OLDER black female turnout), but similarly to painting Latinos with a broad brush (instead of Fascist Cubans vs. everyone else), they've learned the wrong lessons from that election re: Kamala - due to numerous issues from her time both as VP (getting trashed anonymously by her current team to Politico several times) and prior (incarceration of men of color) we're now stuck with the stereotype and no subtlety from old white vanguards that Kamala will deliver a black monolith in 2028.Β 

Β 

I don't believe the allegations Gavin and Gretchen are being considered over her in 2028 - I believe that is groups of narcissistic donors with millions to throw in the fire satisfying the hunger of self-important access journalists like Maggie Haberman. The DNC is now too terrified of backlash and are overhyping its possible effects down ballot so they are stuck with Kamala and we will lose the Electoral College in a landslide in 2028.

Β 

Gavin already is cravenly and transparently angling for the gig by vetoing popular-in-state amendments in California (trans community, etc.) being attacked by Fox News in the culture wars to alleviate his abysmal numbers and perceived coastal elitism with independents and non-loyal Republicans but the sad and gross part is it won't make any difference. His consultants are throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks.

Β 

Gretchen has been trying (and struggling) to straddle both sides of the Gaza debate in interviews given her irate Arab diaspora (largest in the country) and obligatory loyalty to Biden re-election committees. An under-discussed hypothetical is a Michigan loss in November (and thus, the election) thanks to said diaspora.Β 

Β 

So who could do better at this point? Josh Shapiro doesn't have the personality or name ID of the formers mentioned but the latter can change. I always mentioned Sherrod Brown but he will lose his re-elect which will tank his chances. The typhoon of hype Wes Moore's being given is too early and superficial. So at this point, I genuinely don't know. We're ****ed.

Β 

Β 

I've seen several people throw Pritzker's name into the ring as well

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Redstreak said:

I've seen several people throw Pritzker's name into the ring as well

I don't see it. Non-starter. Won't inspire youth turn-out. The country's too superficial.Β 

Β 

PresidentΒ Joe Biden'sΒ core support has been shaken by his stumbling performance in last week's debate, an exclusive USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds,Β fueling a furorΒ over whether he should continue his candidacy.

Β 

More than four in ten Democrats, 41%, said the Democratic Party should replace Biden as its presidential nominee. That included 37% of those who say they plan to vote for him.

Β 

The survey found broad discontent with both major-party candidates, but RepublicanΒ Donald Trump'sΒ base remains solid despite criticism of his truthfulness in the debate. Only 14% of Republicans and 12% of Trump supporters said the GOP should replace him on its ticket.

A massive political, PR and personal campaign is underway to reject calls for President Biden to drop his re-election race β€” and rally Democrats to move on from public debate about age and his future, top officials tell us.

Why it matters: Biden has zero interest in stepping aside β€” and First Lady Jill Biden and key family members and friends agree, according to people who talk regularly with them.

The intrigue: Biden, who has ducked tough interviews and avoided no-holds-barred press conferences, is now considering both. Look for a town hall or big one-on-one interview this month.

The latest: During a family gathering at Camp David on Sunday, Biden family members, including Hunter, went through with a long-scheduled session with celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz. The Bidens insisted the president stay in the race, we're told by people close to them.

"They're all-in, and want him to stay in," a Biden source told us, adding that the campaign is "charging ahead."

Behind the scenes: Some Biden friends and family blamed longtime aides who had prepped Biden. They complained about everything from data-heavy answers to his makeup to his briefing on camera angles.

Β 

Full article: https://www.axios.com/2024/07/01/biden-2024-election-pr-campaign-step-aside

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

what happens when a Trump +10 natl poll comes out, Biden campaign?

Β 

Β 

Then they blame everyone else but themselves for putting us into a situation that was completely avoidable :suburban:

Β 

ot: not surprised in the least but this is infuriating. People's rights are on the line but they haven't learned a thing from 2016 and are willing to punish America at large for their arrogance.Β 

• Like 9

What's the point? We saw it with our own eyes and ears. It was a complete disaster.

Β 

They can try all they want with PR, but what's the point? No amount of gaslighting is going to change what so many Americans saw for themselves.

Β 

They need to drop Biden. There isn't really another good strategic option here at this point.Β 

• Like 2

There's no way to rescue him. Get a semi handsome POC man more progressive than Biden but less than Bernie and you have yourself a winner. Democrats are so damn stupid.Β 

First decision is on interchange fees re: debit cards. No word on timing for the others.

Β 

I'd read just two decisions today, but they've been wrong before.

I'd understand them to be this defensive of him if he had a healthy lead in the polls, but when everything is pointing out to an astounding defeat, what's the point?? He can't beat Trump and he won't be able to finish his presidency even if he won. What does his inner circle try to achieve by encouraging him to fight on?Β 

There's no point in rescue anymore. He screwed it up. The world knows Joe Biden is completely incompetent. This debate was only the cherry on top. If I was a US citizen I simply wouldn't even vote. One uses Palestinians as an insult, the other can't even formulate a proper sentence. Literally doomed.Β 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Democrats are digging their own grave there. Pathetic.

Β 

Hopefully Trump, as the next president, again, will just be the dumb embarrassment he is and not do actual irreversible damage to the USA and the world. That's all I wish for at this point.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.