2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

49 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

The community noteย :bibliahh:

ย 

ย 

The general public are just so stupid. Nothing else to it.ย 

• Like 1

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Communion

43 minutes ago, Communion said:

ย 

ย 

I was gonna ask "is it crack???", but we already know the answer. :hoetenks:

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

Do you really think the media doesn't cover Trump's antics? Thats the most daft position I've ever heard. They covered him CONSTANTLY. 24/7 Trump coverage for 9 years. The issue isn't that there's a shortage of them covering Trump. People are just desensitized and don't care anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Do you really think the media doesn't cover Trump's antics? Thats the most daft position I've ever heard. They covered him CONSTANTLY. 24/7 Trump coverage for 9 years. The issue isn't that there's a shortage of them covering Trump. People are just desensitized and don't care anymore.

The last part is true. Which is why the media spends one day on trumps scandals then moves on.ย 
ย 

which kinda goes back to why he said.ย 

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Oh no.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

i genuinely wonder - what does his family get out of this? wouldn't you want your confused and tired grandpa to enjoy a well-deserved retirement? i can't imagine calling up my 83 yo grandfather to tell him to go to work!ย :redface:

Edited by John Slayne

• ATRL Moderator
19 hours ago, Communion said:

...why would they send this out?ย :rip:

ย 

ย 

The fact they sent data showing Kamala doing just as well as Biden is hilarious.ย 

I'm not sure where else to ask but can any other girlies on IDR tell me if they got a "reschedule payment change" email recently and tell me uhh 1) what it's supposed to mean and 2) wasn't the proposed changes by Biden meant to make such cheaper cause I would.. just drive myself in a river after seeing the below?ย :rip:

ย 

Is this meant to show what would not the monthly payment without IDR cause every email sent from MOHELA is written like it's written in someone Google translating English twice?ย :deadbanana4:ย Really odd that Biden could be leading his re-election campaign with "I am helping the average debtor save $XXX a month" yet instead is leading with how migrants are criminal illegals and letting MOHELA spam your inbox to convince you to unenroll in these very programs.ย :rip:

ย 

Screenshot-2024-06-30-at-7-56-00-PM.png

ย 

Edited by Communion

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Oh no.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Hunter should be asking his dad to issue him his pardons and cash out as soon as humanly possible. Not egging him on with his delusions. A mess.

• Thanks 1

This man can't do anything or even perform basic functions on any stage without a teleprompter telling him exactly what to do. Why is Brian Stelter surprised????

ย 

ย 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GhostBox said:

If Biden stays in and he and his team can come back and pull out a win this would probably be the biggest comeback in political history ๐Ÿ’€

Weird seeing that user take such an issue with what you said here, when it's just a hypothetical. Like even a "what if" situation with Biden is a trigger somehow? Come onย :gaycat6:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Apolonio said:

ย 

:deadbanana4:

I mean this is just what happens with age unfortunately. It hits some ย harder than others.ย 
ย 

just take aLook at Bill Clinton. A man known for giving amazing speeches. ย Sure he can still talk well but compare him now to 5 years ago and even he's went downhill a lot ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

we just need age limits. If we don't have any for how old someone is we shouldn't for how young someone is either ๐Ÿคท

11 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I mean this is just what happens with age unfortunately. It hits some ย harder than others.ย 
ย 

just take aLook at Bill Clinton. A man known for giving amazing speeches. ย Sure he can still talk well but compare him now to 5 years ago and even he's went downhill a lot ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

we just need age limits. If we don't have any for how old someone is we shouldn't for how young someone is either ๐Ÿคท

This is a rapid decline in ability. Communication and persuasion is key to presidency. Biden looks absolutely unfit to lead the country in a tumultuous era. Time for a new Dem to take the reins.ย 

Biden could have just said he wouldn't debate Trump because he's a convicted felon.ย 

His team got way too over confident after his decent State of the Union addressย 

ย 

Now we are living in this nightmare. They better not make him debate Trump again in September, but they probably will โ€ฆ.

:suburban:
ย 

43 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

ENOUGH!!!

ย 

Yrgh.gif

ย 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Biden could have just said he wouldn't debate Trump because he's a convicted felon.ย 

His team got way too over confident after his decent State of the Union addressย 

ย 

Now we are living in this nightmare. They better not make him debate Trump again in September, but they probably will โ€ฆ.

:suburban:
ย 

I say if Biden and his campaign get back on track and seem to be doing better OR ahead (who knows) by then they won't debate.ย 

The problem with replacing Biden is two-fold:

• The replacement has to be Harris or you risk pissing off black voters.
  • The replacement cannot be Harris because she would loseย in an historic landslide to Trump (America it not ready for a black, female President).

What's the answer? Messaging. Dems must get their messaging game on lock... which is a lot to ask from a party that thinks "Americans will just do the right thing". :rip:ย 

ย 

Fact is, Trump did horribly too; he lied every time he opened his mouth and made no sense, but because he was louder and there was already the belief Biden is too old, we're focused on Biden (which, tbh, is fair because he sucked lol).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.