2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

37 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

A dude on tiktok? Is that your source?ย :bloo:ย 

Ridiculous, your comment and your source

Exactly ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

ย 

ย 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

ย 

The difference is so stark, OMG. Imagine what another 4 years would do to him.ย ย :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

Imagine what another 4 years would do to him.ย ย :deadbanana4:

dancing-coffin-coffin-dance.gif

ย 

ย 

this is not a normal decline, i wonder if he have something else going on apart from old age?

ย 

and they were saying he suffers from a speech impediment when 5 years ago he was sharp and sound

37 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

Why does this woman keep showing up every electionย :rip:

Because she's a better candidate and would do a better job than the two old senile white racist men we have running.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

Why does this woman keep showing up every electionย :rip:

You say this while the Democrats run someone on like his fifth run to be president.ย :rip:

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

You say this while the Democrats run someone on like his fifth run to be president.ย :rip:

Oh don't get me wrong, I abhor Biden too, I just don't get what this woman's end game isย :skull:

I used to believe Biden would win the election because of upper class white women voting on abortion, but now I don't think he can win. The perception around Biden has been set and It's hard to look past his decline. It was one thing in 2020 when he still looked somewhat sharp and could at least get through a debate/campaign event. I don't think most people want another Trump term but it'll be hard to rally voters behind someone in obvious decline and that's what it was always going to take in order to win with Biden, who was unpopular but had the luxury of running against Trump.

ย 

Dems need to tell Biden to step down and get a ticket ready to unite the party at the convention, but they only have a backbone when it comes to suppressing progressive voters. As for a replacement, I believe even a generic dem ticket could beat Trump as long as you don't choose someone polarizing (sorry Kamala).ย 

ย 

It won't happen though because of reasons already stated.ย 

ย 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If Biden stays in and he and his team can come back and pull out a win this would probably be the biggest comeback in political history ๐Ÿ’€

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, shyboi said:

ย 

this is not a normal decline, i wonder if he have something else going on apart from old age?

ย 

and they were saying he suffers from a speech impediment when 5 years ago he was sharp and sound

Alot of people think Covid damaged him as well.ย 
ย 

if you look at the statistics alot of older people who got covid can have some decline like he and Trump both have right now.ย 
ย 

which would explain how they both went down hill so fast compared to 2019-2020.ย 
ย 

but who knowsย 

ย 

He probably had a stroke but not severe one and it was hidden from publicย :gaycat2: I'm not a doctor but everything looks like it.ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

If Biden stays in and he and his team can come back and pull out a win this would probably be the biggest comeback in political history ๐Ÿ’€

your delusion needs to be studied. holy **** :deadbanana:ย the more you post, the more it gives right wing elon musk twitter dick riding but for biden. I don't understand how you don't see it :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

your delusion needs to be studied. holy **** :deadbanana:ย the more you post, the more it gives right wing elon musk twitter dick riding but for biden. I don't understand how you don't see it :deadbanana2:

I mean it would be a fact right?

ย Everyone's writing his chances dead.

ย 

again if they stay in and pull it off. That would be a huge comebackย 

ย ๐Ÿคท

ย 

I've been critical of his performance at the debate along with everyone else here.ย 

Edited by GhostBox

6 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I mean it would be a fact right?

ย Everyone's writing his chances dead.

ย 

again if they stay in and pull it off. That would be a huge comeback this close to an election ๐Ÿคท

no, that's right. but that's not reality at this point.

ย 

It's the way you cannot come to the realization what everyone else is seeing at this point is very concerning. You can't even admit that the Democrats being complicit with a Biden re-election was the wrong move. It's very obvious it was. But for some reason, it seems like you can't get yourself to fully criticize Biden or the Democrats without somehow reassuring all of us [multiple time] your uncommitted support for him. We are telling you what is currently happening is what we have been saying for years, and you can't even admit that you were wrong, and just tell us "its biden vs trump deal with it". Wake up sister!

Edited by ZeroSuitBritney
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

JD Vance is a real one for bringing up Obama's extrajudicial killings of Americans. But Obama and Biden belonging in jail for crimes against humanity doesn't mean Trump gets to skate away from being imprisoned for crimes against the country. :sistrens:

53 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I abhor Biden too, I just don't get what this woman's end game isย :skull:

She was the party's nominee in 2012 + 2016 because she seems well-liked in the party itself.

ย 

Following Clinton's 2016 loss, Dems both tried to undermine the Green Party nationally (removing them from ballots) and infiltrate the party.

ย 

See: In 2018 when Kyrsten Sinema was running for Senate and the polls were close, the Green Party candidate in the race dropped out and endorses Sinema.. Except it turned out the woman on the Green Party ticket was a Dem operative who had claimed the ticket separate from the party after the Arizona Dems sued to have the original Green Party nominee, a Native American rights activist in Arizona, kicked off from being the official nominee.ย :deadbanana4:

ย 

Howie Hawkins, the national 2020 nominee for the Greens, was seen as a bit too friendly to Dems / wanting to express overlap between the two, and him coming out as for supporting military aid to Ukraine caused a fissure with many in the party identifying the party as non-interventionist. Cornel West was meant to challenge Hawkins, with Stein offering to be his campaign manager, with Stein ultimately stepping in to run for the position after West oddly decided to attempt an independent run.

ย 

Basically the Green's are doing the opposite of the Libertarians. Post-Gary Johnson, far-right members of the Libertarian Party took over and moved the party really to the right over the last 8 years. Their convention however ended up with a liberal-libertarian winning out the nom over them almost choosing no one:

ย 

So the Libertarians have rejected the Trumpian elements of the caucus and are trying to appeal to Dems/centrist Republicans while the Greens have pushed out those who were less eager to criticize Dems "cause of the threat of Trump" for those who are willing to risk Trump winning to have a viable leftist option represented (I'm not personally against this). Both of these combined are actually very bad for Biden. Chase Oliver, the Libertarian nom, will likely be why Biden loses Georgia.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

no, that's right. but that's not reality at this point.

ย 

It's the way you cannot come to the realization what everyone else is seeing at this point is very concerning. You can't even admit that the Democrats being complicit with a Biden re-election was the wrong move. It's very obvious it was. But for some reason, it seems like you can't get yourself to fully criticize Biden or the Democrats without somehow reassuring all of us [multiple time] your uncommitted support for him. We are telling you what is currently happening is what we have been saying for years, and you can't even admit that you were wrong, and just tell us "its biden vs trump deal with it". Wake up sister!

See unlike others here I can criticize Biden and his performance and still be fine with 100% supporting him against Trump if he stays the nominee, which as of now he will be.
๐Ÿคท

ย 

you just got so pumped up over a simple comment that if Biden does pull out a victory it will be considered one of the biggest comebacks politically in history ๐Ÿ’€ย 

ย 

key word being "IF"

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

ย 

i didn't copy the link but just go to tiktok and search biden + earpiece, ain't that hardย 

You don't get it, that's not a reliable source.

• Like 1

ย 

Oh wow, they are both so annoying. :deadbanana4:

ย 

I think most critics of Biden understand how the 3 branches of government work (I hope), but there is something to be said about Biden's reaction to simply having his hands tied once one path doesn't work without any consideration for any other paths forward.ย 

ย 

How many times do we have to vote for a Democrat because we're told "oh we'll definitely have it next term! Just you wait!" While I applaud the good andโ€ฆ tolerate (?) "not as bad as it could be" things has done, I would be more sympathetic to Biden's situation if he and the entire DNC didn't work to actively destroy our other paths forward through progressive candidates and ignoring grassroots organizers.ย 

ย 

He's not the sole reason, but he's a big player in why we're in the situation we're in now, and no amount of identity politics or guilty tripping "vote blue no matter who!" chants will change that. I can't really sympathize with him for that reason because he made the bed and now we all have to lay in it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The average GhostBox post has moved from unquestioned confidence toโ€ฆ this:

ย 

ย 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Harrier said:

The werid "pledge your fealty to dear leader' aspect of US politics is so sick and twisted, and the democrats are almost as bad with it as the GOP.

I'd never claim that other democracies are perfect, but Biden would have been out the door last year with his woeful poll numbers in like, the UK or Ausย :rip:Nevermind how wildly unpopular leaders like Pelosi and Mitch somehow hold on to power forever with favorability numbers at like -35ย :rip:

ย 

Even just looking pragmatically it's sheer madness.ย The democrats should learn from other countries where parties have worked out that new leaders typically have a honeymoon phase and a corresponding jump in support. Even someone politically questionable like Kamala could potentially ride that wave to victory, I have more faith in her than Biden at this point.

Almost as bad? Girl, the Democrats are way worse. Trump isn't as visibly mentally gone and isn't as deeply unpopular as Biden. He doesn't need a plurality of voters to win while Biden does simply due to the electoral college, and Democrats are expressly denying reality as it stands in front of them, even though facts aren't on their side:

ย 

Biden has been showing cognitive decline for years, despite them insisting that he's still as sharp as he was ten years ago.

ย 

Biden is the most unpopular incumbent of all time, but the idea that voters will get over that and vote for him because they hate Trump is an insanely risky gamble. It shows they don't take the whole "threat to Democracy" thing seriously at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.