2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Β 

trump is going to be so much worse on this issueΒ πŸ’€

Β 

he's literally using "Palestinian" as an insult nowπŸ’€

Edited by GhostBox

6 hours ago, Tovitov said:

Kamala would be the easiest replacement because she's on all the campaign paperwork and Biden getting behind her would unite the party.Β 

Β 

Also, shoving Whitmer or Newsom over the first black woman vice president has its own set of optic problems.

Β 

Kamala is unpopular but she's unpopular because Biden is. She arguably lost the debate against Pence back in 2020 but it wasnt a blow out and Pence won because voters love generic white guys in suits. I think she'd do fine if given the spotlight.

Β 

Would Whitmer probably be better, sure. But sometimes the best road is the easiest.Β 

Kamala is not unpopular because she's tied to Biden. She didn't get a single delegate from California during her 2020 presidential run. She's just unpopular.Β 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gottasadae said:

It's not realistic, since Kamala is still there and she will bomb by landslide and don't even try with Williamson and such candidates, since they are even bigger joke than miss K. Whitmer is fine but she don't have that star power and momentum to beat Trump, so what left - Hillary, Bernie, Jeffries … you chooseΒ :gaycat2:

trump is an exceptionally weak candidate who is coasting on biden being dead. whitmer or literally anyone you listed (apart from longstanding electoral poison hillaryΒ :gaycat2:) spending 4 months coherently hammering trump's crimes and abortion would beΒ enough to get close if not win. young progressives and suburban never trumper moms who carried biden over the line in 2020 are begging for someone to vote for who isn't dying.Β 

The sunk cost fallacy is real. If you're not calling for Biden to DROP OUT then you are enabling a Trump victory and the blame is on you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Biden up one in a post debate poll, smashing in post debate fundraising, performing well anecdotally in focus groups with undecided voters (including Latinos and swing staters).Β 
Β 

The media can try to narrative him out of the race or into a loss but the general public doesn't seem to be taking the bait.Β 

Β 

Β 

:dancehall2:

I am surprised by the fundraising and the focus groups/undecideds. The poll is whatever, it may show more with time but I don't put much stock in it. Money and actual asking of important groups speaks volumes though. Perhaps nowadays with everyone so hyper political people are actually paying attention more to the content that is being said (even if said poorly by Biden) than they used to. I guess we will see.

Campaign donations honestly probably went up because Democrat voters are in high panic mode and probably don't understand that if Biden ends up getting forced out due to no-confidence, his campaign coffers are non-transferrable to whomever the successor ends up being.

Β 

Nobody's actually convinced Biden is in a stronger position to win because of last night. They're just ******* terrified, and they should be because they willingly walked right into this trap by re-nominating an Alzheimer's-addled geriatric politician who's so badly infirm and incapable that even his election opponent had to feel sorry for him.

29 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Campaign donations honestly probably went up because Democrat voters are in high panic mode and probably don't understand that if Biden ends up getting forced out due to no-confidence, his campaign coffers are non-transferrable to whomever the successor ends up being.

I read something that said Kamala could take the funds because she's part of the ticket, or something like that. So I imagine if he did step aside we'd have no choice but to accept her for that reason alone.Β 

Miss Obama is the only one that can save this election. Otherwise consider it lost.Β 

31 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Smart ladyΒ :clap3:

Β 

Β 

The problem with this argument is that Biden has shown he's incapable of beating Trump at this point.Β 

1 hour ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Β 

So you're saying Biden and his team wanted him to look terrible against Trump?Β 

17 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I was not saying it. I was just quoting honeyΒ :bird:

On 6/27/2024 at 9:02 PM, Onyxmage said:

I'm sorry but are we watching the same debate? Biden is answering these questions as directly as he can while Trump is spewing nonsense.

Biden completely failed to defend his record at all, was slack jawed and confused anytime the split screen was used, and couldn't land a single hit on Trump throughout the entire night on any issue, including issues that should've been layups. The Laiken Riley reference while discussing Roe V. Wade was absolutely galling and he couldn't distinguish any difference between his border policy and Trump's policy. This was an unmitigated disaster.Β 

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

yes… it's all marketing genius!! this is sending Democrats into panic mode..

Β 

fundraising is at a all time high for Biden..

Β 

and now they are cutting shorts about the debate and making trump look like a fool and targeting it towards audiences trump lacksΒ 

Β 

african americansΒ 

womanΒ 

young peopleΒ 

Β 

while all they can say about biden is that he's old, in which he will probably make a come back saying he was sick and he will do better ..

Β 

amazing marketing! mind blowingΒ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Biden completely failed to defend his record at all, was slack jawed and confused anytime the split screen was used, and couldn't land a single hit on Trump throughout the entire night on any issue, including issues that should've been layups. The Laiken Riley reference while discussing Roe V. Wade was absolutely galling and he couldn't distinguish any difference between his border policy and Trump's policy. This was an unmitigated disaster.Β 

I disagree with many things that you said in fact some of the most watched clips on tik tok are of Biden attacking Trump. :dies:Β  The funniest one being him talking about being on stage with a convicted Felon and Trump just nodding like "well you go me there." :deadbanana2:Β The clip that I saw had over 1.3 million likes. :skull:Β 

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Onyxmage said:

I disagree with many things that you said in fact some of the most watched clips on tik tok are of Biden attacking Trump. :dies:Β  The funniest one being him talking about being on stage with a convicted Felon and Trump just nodding like "well you go me there." :deadbanana2:Β The clip that I saw had over 1.3 million likes. :skull:Β 

Biden didn't mention Project 2025, he didn't check Trump, and didn't even do basics. He failed. Of course Trump is a buffoon, and 67% of viewers still thought he won when 67% thought Biden won 2020.

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Biden didn't mention Project 2025, he didn't check Trump, and didn't even do basics. He failed. Of course Trump is a buffoon, and 67% of viewers still thought he won when 67% thought Biden won 2020.

Oop now it has 1.4 million likes and 6 million views. The caption being He GAGGED him. :fan:

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

The fact that MAGA voters, especially, see conspiracies everywhere... But still they do not understand that this is about two old, capitalist men who only care about themselves, thus, money and power, and couldn't care less about the position they leave their beloved parties or the country.Β 

Β 

KhloΓ© Kardashian and Kris Jenner Got Into a Fight About Jeff Koons

• Like 1

Β 

Β 

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Blue MAGA

Van Jones called Joe Biden a good man and said there was time for him to step aside. You literally do no research but repost tepid tweets.

• Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

Van Jones called Joe Biden a good man and said there was time for him to step aside. You literally do no research but repost tepid tweets.

I heard what Van Jones said. The tweeter said everyone who wanted Biden to step down had a "bad take" about the debate.Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.