2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

2 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

Same though, 4 more years of Trump will be horrificย :gaycat6:

Right? It isn't funny ๐Ÿ’€

• Thanks 1

• Replies 24.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that there is NO alternative that polls stronger than Biden. It's too late to find one.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, Bloo said:

Nobody voting for Jill Stein thinks she will win.

They want to be "cool" and indirectly vote for Trump and then whine when he completely destroys Palestine, gives Ukraine to Russia and sells out to China "like, why did no one warns us???!!!111"ย 

• Thumbs Down 6

• ATRL Moderator

Reminder, Biden's poor performance tonight was predictable 5 years ago and Julian Castro called it back then.

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrymeB said:

News flash: Jill Stein will NEVER be POTUS. A protest vote for her means you voted for Trump and are complicit in everything he does including giving the West Bank to Israel. Make your peace with that.ย 

News flash: The tens of millions that don't vote at all are de facto voting for Trump according to this logic.

ย 

And there are tons of third partiers that aren't going for either Jill or RFK.

ย 

Change. the. policies.ย 

ย 

People are not willing to settle for a lesser of two evils argument when it comes to 30,000+ dead women and children from American bombs.

ย 

What's not clicking?

• Thanks 9

5 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

They've been doing this since the beginning of time. Yet we're all still here and fighting. What's not clicking??

and we've made great strides towards equality since then that can be reversed in a blink of an eye. The supreme court is already eyeing on revoking gay marriageย 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

The problem is that there is NO alternative that polls stronger than Biden. It's too late to find one.ย 

This isย notย true. Joe Biden is underperforming Senate Democrats in the same states. He's a BAD candidate that discourages votes than he pulls them in. A random, generic Democrat would do better than Biden at this point.

ย 

The people that have said, "Omg, there's no other options but Biden," is exactly why we had this humiliating debate.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

ย 

2 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

MSNBC full panic mode. I love this.

Hating Biden so much that you're rooting for Trump is proof Horseshoe Theory is real.ย :gaycat2:

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Joe is old. He speaks slow. Moves slow. But he understands the questions. Answers them. Provides context, knowledge, shows he understands international affairs. He is coherent.ย I need y'all to stop acting like he's just lost and dealing with Alzheimer nshit. He's just old.

Edited by Yog
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, Bloo said:

This isย notย true. Joe Biden is underperforming Senate Democrats in the same states. He's a BAD candidate that discourages votes than he pulls them in. A random, generic Democrat would do better than Biden at this point.

I'd also argue low name recognition probably doesn't help other democrats in national polls. If Biden does get replaced, it's important to do it sooner rather than later so a new candidate has time to build that up.ย 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

You guys are taking an insane slippery slope here. You're acting like Trump will be the end of everything, when we've already been through it before and that didn't happen. There's still all the states, federal and state courts out there, not to mention all the LGBTQ supporters, advocates and organizations that aren't just going to let that happen and will fight like hell against it like they always have.

Trump didn't, because he couldn't, due to not having control of all 3 branches of government.ย  What if he gets all 3 branches this time around?ย  All the people he surrounds himself with are vocally adamant about running the country based on Christianity, and eliminating both abortion and "the gay agenda."

ย 

Remember they now have the Supreme Court stacked conservatively and they keep saying the quiet part out loud.

Edited by BeenTheShit
  • Like 1

Well since genocide is a "frivolous" thing to consider when you vote, it's a good thing I can hold Biden crushing a labor strike in North Dakota after claiming to be the "most pro-union president since FDR" against him.ย :zzz:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Yog said:

Joe is old. He speaks slow. Moves slow. But he understands the questions. Answers them. Provides context, knowledge, shows he understands international affairs. He is coherent.ย I need y'all to stop acting like he's just lost and dealing with Alzheimer nshit. He's just old.

"When we end medicare"

ย 

His performance was bad and was likely heavily rehearsed. His lack of engagement and his poor performance is enough to convince most people that he is barely able to understand what's going on. You can't tell people to ignore what they're seeing with their own eyes.

Just now, Tovitov said:

I'd also argue low name recognition probably doesn't help other democrats in national polls. If Biden does get replaced, it's important to do it sooner rather than later so a new candidate has time to build that up.ย 

Yes. There's still time. They won't do it. But theyย could.ย 

ย 

They should have just allowed a Democratic Primary like pro-Democracy advocates would suggest. But instead, they chose to actively shut down any natural Democratic efforts to prevent this current conundrum.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The clips of Biden's tired incoherent mumbling coming mere hours after the clips of Buttigieg methodically ripping his way through a dozen Republican congressman like ducks in a row. :rip:

ย 

The way thatย anyย younger person would have had the stamina and coherence to call out Trump's lies and promote the Democratic platform. :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

ย 

The people that have said, "Omg, there's no other options but Biden," is exactly why we had this humiliating debate.

It isย true.

ย 

When Kamala or literally any other Democrat is polled for the presidency on a national scale (or even locally in swing states), they do worse. Of course senators in their own states are going to poll better than a weak national candidate; but none of them have yet to prove their margins can replicated beyond their home state.

ย 

I"m not saying Biden is strong in polling, I'm simply saying he's the strongest polling national Democrat there is at the moment. Which really is an indictment on the state of the party.

I'm sorry but why can't Democrats but whatever else as candidate? :deadbanana2:ย 

ย 

Even a dog has a better chance

ย 

4 Years of Trump are extremely dangerous

1 minute ago, QueenB said:

and we've made great strides towards equality since then that can be reversed in a blink of an eye. The supreme court is already eyeing on revoking gay marriageย 

I understand that, and by no means do I want it to happen. I'm not even saying that I won't be voting for Biden, only that people don't have to if their morals and ethics tell them they shouldn't due to Biden's policy and support of Israel.

ย 

Putting such a weak candidate like Biden on the ticket and shaming anyone who doesn't vote for him and gaslighting them over LGBT rights is not the argument or drag yall think it is though. People see hypocrisy and injustices, and are allowed to vote with their conscience.ย 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.