2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

"He talks about all the things he wants to do but he doesn't do anything." Trump's statement about Biden not doing anything is brutal. Sorry. 

The ladies on The View will not change what we just saw tonight.

How many times did we have "infrastructure week" during the Trump administration?  Biden actually got a bipartisan infrastructure bill done.

What is Trump going to do about inflation?  Nothing.  Biden has been meeting and working with the CEOs of major companies to find a compromise to lower the prices of everyday goods to combat inflation.

• Haha 1

• Replies 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the actual chance of Biden stepping down? I think most people are in favor of him giving his place up to Harris, but can the DNC actually do anything now

1 minute ago, dawnettakins said:

Oh please, just more fear monhering as usual. LGBT people aren't going anywhere,  we've been here since the beginning of time, were here before marriage equality, or any form of gay rights, and will continue to be here regardless of who's elected in November.

Like just stop. Yall act like LGBT people have only existed since 2008 when Obama was voted in or something. Foolish.

Gay people and all our supporters and those LGBT advocates won't be going anywhere and will still be here. Just like we were after Trump became President the last time.

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

The forced admiration of that Trump statement. :rip: 

They both performed miserably. Biden was incoherent and Trump lied and deflected non-stop

It's not admiration. It's a relevant point. The incumbent president has the disadvantage of getting the flack and the pushback for any current failures. Trump had that disadvantage in 2020. Biden has it now. It's very simple.

Yes, Trump lies nonstop. But, that's not how you win a debate. The winner of the presidential debates is the person that walks away with the biggest improvement to their polling and overall impression. The moderators didn't fact check. So average voters aren't going to grade them on veracity. This isn't a trivia competition. :rip: 

• Thanks 2

People saying Trump won because all he did was lie are once again underestimating how Americans think. If there is one thing that Americans do NOT like its someone attacking the character and integrity of this country. Thats all Trump was doing. Its bizarre how Trump never has anything good to say about the US. :deadbanana2:

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

Oh please, just more fear monhering as usual. LGBT people aren't going anywhere,  we've been here since the beginning of time, were here before marriage equality, or any form of gay rights, and will continue to be here regardless of who's elected in November.

Like just stop. Yall act like LGBT people have only existed since 2008 when Obama was voted in or something. Foolish.

Gay people and all our supporters and those LGBT advocates won't be going anywhere and will still be here. Just like we were after Trump became President the last time.

This is some next level delusion. Conservatives have been mobilizing to try and restrict LGBT rights. They're literally trying to make it illegal to be transgender. :deadbanana:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TedLasso said:

What is the actual chance of Biden stepping down? I think most people are in favor of him giving his place up to Harris, but can the DNC actually do anything now

Harris would mean a landslide victory for Trump. 

• Like 1

If Palestine is your biggest voting issue in the USA 2024 election  then you are too naïve  and don't understand politics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 9

2 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

This is some next level delusion. Conservatives have been mobilizing to try and restrict LGBT rights. They're literally trying to make it illegal to be transgender. :deadbanana:

They've been doing this since the beginning of time. Yet we're all still here and fighting. What's not clicking??

Edited by dawnettakins
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I think the chances of Joe being convinced to step down are higher than they were yesterday. 

He needed a strong debate performance to convince doubters he was up for this, and he failed to do that. 

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

How many times did we have "infrastructure week" during the Trump administration?  Biden actually got a bipartisan infrastructure bill done.

His IRA bill is not good. It privatizes a large part of infrastructure. Not the slam dunk you think it is.

What is Trump going to do about inflation?  Nothing.  Biden has been meeting and working with the CEOs of major companies to find a compromise to lower the prices of everyday goods to combat inflation.

Umm, I f**king hate Trump. He's going to destroy the economy. Worsen our foreign policy and strip away our rights. I'm not saying Trump is good on policy. I'm saying Biden did a terrible job at making a case for how he's distinctively better than Trump on policy. 

You claim Biden is meeting and working with CEOs of major companies to lower inflation? Okay, sure—that's a reach, most companies are doing this because their profits are going down because less customers are going to McDonalds due to high prices—but sure. Why isn't Biden flaunting his accomplishments? Why isn't he vocally talking about all the bold policies he will do to improve the economy? Why is he arguing about how much better at golf he is? Why is he obsessed with Charlottesville? Why is he talking about how impolite Trump is? Why is he mentioning Stormy Daniels? Because his policy platform is under-developed and he's a terrible candidate. 

Biden ran a campaign in 2020 about how inhumane Trump's immigration policy is. What does Biden do? Push for Trump's anti-immigrant policy that prevents refugees from seeking asylum. How the f**k is that a smart decision? You cannot out-right Trump on immigration and yet Biden, and his team, thought that was the smarter political move to align himself closer to Trump than to make himself more distinct on policy.

I do not disagree that Trump is bad. I disagree with you in that I'm able to acknowledge Biden is doing a bad job running against Trump because he's a bad candidate and you seem incapable to reckon with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

Oh, we'll still be here, but will we be forced back into the closet?  What happens when you're fired from your job for being gay?  How about when doctors/insurance companies refuse to give you medical treatment because you're gay?  How about when hate crime laws get repealed and people start attacking, or even killing, us with little to no consequences?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Van Jones about to burst into tears on CNN :deadbanana4:

Same though, 4 more years of Trump will be horrific :gaycat6:

• Like 1

Just now, dawnettakins said:

They've been doing this since the beginning of time. Yet we're all still here. What's not clicking??

It's clicking for me what's going to happen, but apparently not for you. :skull: 

• Like 3

Just now, TrymeB said:

If Palestine is your biggest voting issue in the USA 2024 election  then you are too naïve  and don't understand politics. 

You don't deserve to vote because you don't understand is a great slogan. Reminds me of Hillary's abysmally received recent interviews. At least that's the insinuation I'm getting.

As for the gay rights strawman…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

News flash: Jill Stein will NEVER be POTUS. A protest vote for her means you voted for Trump and are complicit in everything he does including giving the West Bank to Israel. Make your peace with that. 

Edited by TrymeB
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

9 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

yo dumb ass saw wtf happened to womens rights. you think yo gay ass won't be next. if trump wins and get's more supreme court judges the lgbt WILL lose rights too. trans people won't have rights to transition. gay people won't be able to get married. Gay people will likely be able to get kicked out of establishments due to peoples "religious freedom". Replublicans want to take interracial marriage.

honestly i do feel for those people overseas and what is happening to thm isn't right at the end of the day i care about my rights first. call me a bad person don't give a ****. if that ******* gets elected about he will elect people the courts to take this country back to the 50's. And to top it off palestine still gets screwed cause he doesn't give a **** about them. so we all ******. Ya dumb ass progressive with that bernie **** and that whole fake ass "revolution" is half of the reason we ****** now 

Edited by Mtjjproducer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

12 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

So I'm supposed to vote for Biden solely because "gay rights"? Okay let's talk about human rights!

What about Palestinian human rights, or don't they matter?

I guess all the bombs being dropped on them (signed off by Biden) are simply just presents sent to help achieve that huh. Smh what a joke. Hypocrisy pure and simple, human rights for only certain groups and not others.

:clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, TrymeB said:

News flash: Jill Stein will NEVER be POTUS. A protest vote for her means you voted for Trump and are complicit is everything he does including giving the West Bank to Israel. Make your peace with that. 

Nobody voting for Jill Stein thinks she will win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Oh, we'll still be here, but will we be forced back into the closet?  What happens when you're fired from your job for being gay?  How about when doctors/insurance companies refuse to give you medical treatment because you're gay?  How about when hate crime laws get repealed and people start attacking, or even killing, us with little to no consequences?

You guys are taking an insane slippery slope here. You're acting like Trump will be the end of everything, when we've already been through it before and that didn't happen. There's still all the states, federal and state courts out there, not to mention all the LGBTQ supporters, advocates and organizations that aren't just going to let that happen and will fight like hell against it.

This ain't going to play out in the fear mongering some yall be throwing around.

Edited by dawnettakins
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.