2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

• Replies 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

Okay, we have a break. Put Biden to bed and bring out Kamala, please.

Just now, TedLasso said:

this song is gonna go so hard in the anti homos camps

TS12 is gonna sell out on day one

Will this genuinely move the needle?

Β 

Pew Research has first debates making a three point difference in November. With margins this close, I suppose this matters.

Β 

Regardless, I weep for our country.Β 

Β 

Trump is literally answering none of the questions asked and almost every word is gaslighting or a lie.

Β 

Biden's disintegrating in real time.Β 

Β 

Get him some ****ing WATER. Jesus.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I'm sorry, Democrats, the charges against Trump aren't the silver bullet y'all think it is. I do not care that Trump had sex with a p**n star and got money involved. Nobody cares. That's a farcry from the allegations that he was being paid by Putin to destroy the country or that he would use nuclear weapons on day 1 of his presidency. Our standards of scandal are so much more extreme that no one blinked. I'm happy he was charged for something. But the charge itself doesn't really mean much when housing, food, healthcare, are everyday problems.

Β 

Speaking of which, why have we not spoken about any of these important issues. This debate is just, "I was a better president than this other guy!" It's boring.

Um, he is also charged for his Jan 6 involvement, election tampering, and stealing classified documents. Those ARE important issues.Β 

So embarassing and cringe, I had to turn it off. Good luck to this country!

Biden can barely get a sentence out, and no not because of a speech impediment. It's very clear age has taken a worse toll on him and his cognitive capacities than it has to Trump.Β :rip:

Β 

These are just terrible optics in politics and for an election campaign oml:hoetenks:

Edited by dawnettakins
  • Thumbs Down 2

Kamala, you know what to do before the convention

Β 

kamala-pushing-biden-out-of-wheelchair-comic-meme.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BeenTheShit said:

I like how Trump just nods while Biden spits facts trashing him.Β :bibliahh:

Cause he knows he can say all the ridiculous things he's done and still get votes cause MAGA voters do not careΒ 

13 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Biden is losing the debate only because of himself. Not because trumps good πŸ˜‚

I agreeΒ :monkey:

Just now, suburbannature said:

Um, he is also charged for his Jan 6 involvement, election tampering, and stealing classified documents. Those ARE important issues.Β 

A shrinking portion of independents are the only ones that matter that agree with you, unfortunately.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, suburbannature said:

I meant the convictions. He's not convicted for any of those things. His convictions are all about falsification of business records. Nobody cares about that.

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

How are we still talking about Charlottesville? :rip:Β 

I mean that was a pretty pivotal moment in the country.Β  Trump was openly backing antisemitism and white nationalist militia groups.Β :coffee2:

Just now, Bloo said:

I meant the convictions. He's not convicted for any of those things. His convictions are all about falsification of business records. Nobody cares about that.

Because those trials haven't happened yet?

ANY hopes of winning back black and Latino men or young voters, his biggest problem spots, are dead. Regardless of Trump's lies.

Β 

This was Joe's one chance and he blew it.

Β 

Also steamrolling through Gaza was grotesque.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.