2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

34 minutes ago, slik said:

So low energy even Jeb Bush is embarrassed for him

Please clap

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Ron D punk out of running now? Time will tell :fan:ย 

I feel like Biden and Dems will go Pied Piper again and just completely ignore DeSantis and never talk about him unless he becomes the nom and it becomes unavoidable

28 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

I feel like Biden and Dems will go Pied Piper again and just completely ignore DeSantis and never talk about him unless he becomes the nom and it becomes unavoidable

thereโ€™s a lot of time left and Iโ€™m sure theyโ€™re waiting to see how the open civil war in the gop pans out. Idk how theyโ€™ll try to define desantis but I hope they take their time to test what sticks

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

brandon says bring it jackย 

These 2 Geriatric dinosaurs going after each other again in 2024. Imagine how tired we are. :doc:ย 

16 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

These 2 Geriatric dinosaurs going after each other again in 2024. Imagine how tired we are. :doc:ย 

They will be pushing 90 by 2028... Let's see if they make it.ย :deadbanana:

29 minutes ago, Hannah Hunt said:

thereโ€™s a lot of time left and Iโ€™m sure theyโ€™re waiting to see how the open civil war in the gop pans out. Idk how theyโ€™ll try to define desantis but I hope they take their time to test what sticks

I think this is honestly wishful thinking. There is not a group of people more homogeneous than Republicans. Almost exclusively white, and the majority are men. These people will just fall in line with whoeverย wins. In the last few decades the GOP has had โ€œcivil warsโ€, but they have not affected Republican voters supporting the party in the general. We might have hope if Trump decides to run third party, but if that is even a possibility Ron D will dropout or not run at all.ย 

35 minutes ago, Communion said:

Ready to force a contentious primary / threaten to vote third party if Dems don't run on Medicare For Allย :siptea:

I can't see there being a Democratic Primary at all. Everyone's going to be rallying around Biden after these midterms just gave him the most favorable results for an incumbent since the rally-around-the-flag effect gave Bush a massive mandate and led to anyone campaigning against his party being branded as literal traitors to the country. Anyone to the left of Biden that even dares would be run out of the party for "trying to help Trump win" at this point.

10 hours ago, GhostBox said:

brandon says bring it jackย 

He really had this in the draftsย :rip:

11 hours ago, Harrier said:

Yeah read that speech in her voice, it's completely believableย :deadbanana2:At the very least she will run for the nomination

โ€ผ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธ

11 hours ago, Espresso said:

ย 

The fact that these two things are actually good. Is he trying to appeal to centrists/independents already?ย :gaycat3:

As someone who thinks DeSantis is probably the best the GOP has to offer right now (which isn't saying much), people are overrating DeSantis' chances tbh. He might get the nomination, but if you've ever watched him, he's overly rehearsed and has a very manufactured image. Most Americans see right through that kind of thing. It won't take much for Trump to expose DeSantis as a phony. Not to mention, he's as extreme on social issues as Trump is (even more in most cases). His record in FL plays well there but it's probably not going to play well in states like MI, PA, and WI. People need to let go of 2016 and act like every election moving forward will be a repeat of that. Literally since 2016, democrats have held the blue wall together, even when they shouldn't have. Trump had an appeal in those states that most republican presidential candidates do not. ย 

ย 

Only way the GOP stands a chance is if the economy is in complete shambles. As long as the Supreme Court is being run by the Catholic Church, the GOP is going to struggle to convince swing voters and independents to vote for them. One of the downsides to their obsession with the culture wars is that most Americans don't agree with the GOP and it was always going to come back to bite them when the GOP started getting their way.ย 

ย 

Don't bring this comment up in 2024 if... you know...

Edited by Mike91

so the superintendent of Broward County Schools (second largest in Florida) was fired by a vote of 5-4 over the investigation of the Parkland shooting

ย 

what's weird about this is

ย 

the lady wasn't here when the shooting happened and was replacing the superintendent who was

recently DeSantis removedย  five board members (all democrats, all elected by the people) over this investigation

ย 

he put the 5 people who voted to fire the superintendent after the board told her she had 90 days to make amends and improve her status

ย 

also note that 4 of those seats were won by Democrats last week and won't take office for another month

ย 

i wonder what DeSantis is planning by this

10 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I can't see there being a Democratic Primary at all. Everyone's going to be rallying around Biden after these midterms just gave him the most favorable results for an incumbent since the rally-around-the-flag effect gave Bush a massive mandate and led to anyone campaigning against his party being branded as literal traitors to the country. Anyone to the left of Biden that even dares would be run out of the party for "trying to help Trump win" at this point.

unless something physically happens to Biden.ย  It's still 2 years away and he's 78.ย  A lot can happen.ย  If it does, then what?ย  Rally around Kamala?

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

The fact that these two things are actually good. Is he trying to appeal to centrists/independents already?ย :gaycat3:

Iโ€™m all here for term limits. Politics should not be a full time job. ย Itโ€™s a duty, not a career.

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

:ahh:ย  It truly was a non event.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

even Smile made more noise.ย :fan:

Her race still isnt called a week later:redface:ย  Worried about the wrong thing

ย 

7 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Her race still isnt called a week later:redface:ย  Worried about the wrong thing

ย 

They can't even agree to leadership in their own party :rip:ย 

37 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

They can't even agree to leadership in their own party :rip:ย 

I thought they chose Missย McCarthyism?

Chuck Schumer calling for amnesty.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Oh my. I wonder what protectionist Bernie thinks (since heโ€™d be a key vote in a 50/50 Senate). The last time Democrats tried immigration was Pelosiโ€™s bill to streamline the process and he was so against that. Going as far as siding with current insurrectionist Chuck Grassley.ย :chick2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.