2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

I hope Pete runs in Michigan and flops into oblivion. Detroit isn't gonna support his trifling ass... It'd be nice to see him get washed by someone with much less name recognition, like Karen McDonald or Chris Taylor. If he's actually dumb enough to try and primary Debbie in 2 years, he needs to be comfortable with going out like Joe Kennedy.ย :rip:

• Replies 24.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

It felt good that the Democrats kept the Senate.ย 

3 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Not this again :rip:ย This is why republican are going to remain a losers party lol

So the word finally came from the top on what excuse will they push - stolen elections. Because that worked so well for them the last time. :ahh:ย 

18 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

:redface:

ย 

Why would Starbucks be asking for people's pronouns?ย 

Any why did I always that that she was a white woman with a tan.:rip:

40 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Not this again :rip:ย This is why republican are going to remain a losers party lol

I think it was a combination of all those things he listed. Certainly not just the technicalities. But I am concerned about what's gonna happen when the GOP becomes better with voting by mail and ballot harvesting. If everyone had to vote in one day and in person, there really could have been a red tsunami this time.

14 hours ago, Armani? said:

Yeah, but if they win the House, it would likely be all on Henry Cuellar which @Kassiย shilled for because he never thought it would end up like this so soon after a election

Omg. Who cares? My point has always been that Pelosi can get him to vote for w/e.ย :giraffe:
ย 

Plus if the House win comes down to one seat, then it will have been good that Dems didnโ€™t take a gamble with his seat.ย :laugh:

ย 

16 hours ago, Communion said:

To think you were advocating Dems to throw trans kids under the bus just a few weeks ago and saying Biden shouldn't do student debt forgiveness.ย :smiley:

ย 

Hopefully centrist Dems are forced to reflect on their misgivings and false sense of the electorate as much as Republicans.ย 

Girl hush. You didnโ€™t even believe in Bidenโ€™s presidency.

ย 

And yes, itโ€™s common sense that Dems should de-prioritize (not discount) trans issues from the overall agenda and address it in proportion to the actual scope of the issue. It affects 1-5% of the population. It does not need to be the focus of every discussion beyond supporting bodily autonomy and Bidenโ€™s unequivocal acknowledgment of their right to exist.ย 

ย 

And youโ€™re the one who said student loans wouldnโ€™t get done. All I said is wait.ย :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Omg. Who cares? My point has always been that Pelosi can get him to vote for w/e.ย :giraffe:
ย 

Plus if the House win comes down to one seat, then it will have been good that Dems didnโ€™t take a gamble with his seat.ย :laugh:

ย 

Pelosi wouldn't be able to get him to vote for abortion rights, so if legislation to protect women's rights failed because of Pelosi's sad endorsement of a DINO over a potential rising progressive star that you know wouldn't be a gamble in the general considering the primary came down to a just a few hundred votes it would be a huge stab in the back of all Democrats.ย  I still can't believe you are defending Cuellar and Pelosi like this, it's shocking and disturbing tbh

They need to pick up Georgia to cancel out Manchin, but i wished they would have picked up one more state, like Wisconsin or Ohio, to cancel out Sinema. Sinema and Manchin need to go. Sinema i know has sold out and she will probably not run again because she will lose and all she wanted was money. As far as manchin, yes west virgina, is a hard state to pick a dem as senator, so just focus on winning another state.ย 

18 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Pelosi wouldn't be able to get him to vote for abortion rights

She would. Or find a moderate Republican to tag along.ย 
ย 

Like how are we two decades into the Speakers leadership and yโ€™all are still doubting her?ย :emofish:
ย 

Just say you wanted to see a Justice Democrat win and leave it at that. Cuellar winning has no impact on the overall mainstream Democratic agenda, just far left progressive goals.ย 

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Kassi said:

She would. Or find a moderate Republican to tag along.ย 
ย 

Like how are we two decades into the Speakers leadership and yโ€™all are still doubting her?ย :emofish:
ย 

Just say you wanted to see a Justice Democrat win and leave it at that. Cuellar winning has no impact on the overall mainstream Democratic agenda, just far left progressive goals.ย 

I didn't know it was a far left goal to want women's reproductive freedom?ย  Thanks for letting me know that's not important to mainstream Democrats.ย ย 

25 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I didn't know it was a far left goal to want women's reproductive freedom?ย  Thanks for letting me know that's not important to mainstream Democrats.ย ย 

Yawn. Nobody cares. Cisneros LOST. Time to move on.

ย 

Abortion rights will still pass if Dems hold the house. You know this, I know this. #StopDoubtingPelosiChallengeย :cm:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Yawn. Nobody cares. Cisneros LOST. Time to move on.

ย 

Abortion rights will still pass if Dems hold the house. You know this, I know this. #StopDoubtingPelosiChallengeย :cm:

If Cuellar is the deciding vote on reproductive freedom, what evidence do you have that he would change his entire belief system and everything he's ever ran on?

54 minutes ago, Kassi said:

And yes, itโ€™s common sense that Dems should de-prioritize (not discount) trans issues

Imagine being so dishonest that you don't realize you're caught on candid camera.

ย 

You were literally arguing Dems were gonna lose the Senate because people aren't okay with misgendering:

On 10/15/2022 at 1:56 PM, Kassi said:

No one cares. Stop โ€œcancellingโ€ people for not knowing your pronouns right out of the gate, or for asking what your ethnicity is, or for using โ€œspazโ€ in a song (so sorry Lizzo and Beyย :chick3:)

On 10/14/2022 at 5:14 PM, Kassi said:

Anyway, doesnโ€™t matter. Nobody is putting up with woke scolds anymore

You literally insisted Fetterman would lose while championing candidates like Tim Ryan and Val Demings, despite Fetterman ending up being the best-performing battleground state Dem there is.

ย 

On 10/8/2022 at 8:24 PM, Kassi said:

Will be v interesting if the Bernie candidate loses PA after all the sh*t we got about him being the last and only hope.ย  I always knew he was a lil too ugly to make it.ย :chick2:

You literally were claiming student debt forgiveness would *HURT* Dems in midterms and argued to de-centralize abortion and to CUT spending despite the inflation talk falling flat and Republicans' lack of plans hurting them in comparison to all the actual material things Dems brought voters with their spending:

On 8/16/2022 at 2:58 PM, Kassi said:

Student loan forgiveness should cap off at $10k and happen only after the midterms.

Itโ€™s actually not a winning political position to cancel student loans

On 8/20/2022 at 10:27 PM, Kassi said:

Should she also not endorse pro-gun congressmen immediately after the Uvalde mass shooting?ย 

Please, the midterms were literally a rejection of everything you believe.ย ย :deadbanana4:

ย 

The Dems who over-performed did so amongst poor Americans and those who who will lost or win by less than 1% largely failed due to a lack of that support. You should try getting a refund for those donations you made to both Tim Ryan and Val Demings.ย :skull:

25 minutes ago, Blade said:

Kassiโ€™s posts :bibliahh:ย 

ย 

Like I don't mean to be petty... but just... no.ย :toofunny3:ย It's completely unserious to demand anyone in here listen to someone whose entire view on politics is that class-centered politics are unelectable and only centrism can succeed, when they were championing the biggest losers of the night and then shifted to doom-posting that losses were inevitable for MONTHS just because THEIR candidates weren't clicking.

ย 

Meanwhile, some of us have both recognized the ability for these midterms to see Dems perform strong AND the reality that such an outcome wasn't going to be achieved through the swamps of Florida:

ย 

On 5/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, Communion said:

For those browsing, this above comment is considered a form of projection given that, come November:

ย 

Up to all four of these people will end up losing their Senate races:

Val_Demings.jpgย ย Tim_Ryan_OH.JPGย Raphael_Warnock.jpgย Catherine_Cortez_Masto.jpg

ย 

While this person wins if he party doesn't try to sabotage him:

John-Fetterman.jpg

On 10/15/2022 at 7:13 PM, Communion said:

The irony being that if Dems do hold the Senate and House - something *I* think they have all the potential to do - the same voices doom-mongering about how this was inevitable would then be championing the wins to "sensible and smart centrism!" even when the centrists in Congress are who are losing their seats.

On 10/6/2022 at 7:58 PM, Communion said:

Let me post my guesses just to see if it ends up right.

ย 

I truly think we can end up with:

Senate - 51 D (+1) vs 49 R (-1)

House - 219 D (-3) vs 216 R (+3)

On 9/1/2022 at 6:10 PM, Communion said:

Let's not just be satisfied with single digital majority in the House. Let's double that $20k forgiveness to $40k and prep the stage for a +20 gain.ย :jonny6:

ย ย 

On 9/1/2022 at 5:48 PM, Communion said:

I've been complaining for months about Pelosi endorsing Cuellar because I'm gonna k*ll myself over the likely scenario that Dems maintain the House yet their margin is reduced to 1 or 2 and now the most powerful Dem in the House is that freak.ย 

On 9/1/2022 at 12:10 AM, Communion said:

Where are people expecting a red wave? It's been said since 2020 that 2022 is actually the best year for midterms for Dems possible because of what is up for grabs in terms of election balance and how gerrymandering unfolded.ย 

ย 

The likely scenario is Dems hold the Senate as is (maybe one gain, two if strong showing) and hold a slim majority in the House. A strong Republican response would be Dems losing 2 seats in the Senate and around 30-40 or so seats in the House, which feels unlikely given the generic Dem ballot polling, particularly the former.ย 

On 4/14/2022 at 11:21 AM, Communion said:

Anyway, today's a good day to remind Joe Biden that Dems can endure and overcome a red wave by using his authority to forgive federally held student debt like he promised:

ย 

ย 

Dems dismantling the red wave through the power of student debt forgiveness and Wawa.ย :jonny:

ย 

giphy.gif

Edited by Communion

The way Elon is running Twitter into the ground just to impress a bunch of weirdo sycophant right wing trollsย :rip:

50 minutes ago, khalyan said:

If Cuellar is the deciding vote on reproductive freedom, what evidence do you have that he would change his entire belief system and everything he's ever ran on?

The evidence that he's a reliable vote on everything and leadership didn't mutiny him.ย :cm:

11 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Okay this was actually funny :dies:

"Even though my camera filter makes it look like I'm in heaven"ย :ahh:

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Imagine being so dishonest that you don't realize you're caught on candid camera.

ย 

You were literally arguing Dems were gonna lose the Senate because people aren't okay with misgendering:

You literally insisted Fetterman would lose while championing candidates like Tim Ryan and Val Demings, despite Fetterman ending up being the best-performing battleground state Dem there is.

ย 

You literally were claiming student debt forgiveness would *HURT* Dems in midterms and argued to de-centralize abortion and to CUT spending despite the inflation talk falling flat and Republicans' lack of plans hurting them in comparison to all the actual material things Dems brought voters with their spending:

Please, the midterms were literally a rejection of everything you believe.ย ย :deadbanana4:

ย 

The Dems who over-performed did so amongst poor Americans and those who who will lost or win by less than 1% largely failed due to a lack of that support. You should try getting a refund for those donations you made to both Tim Ryan and Val Demings.ย :skull:

Woke still sucks. That hasn't changed. In fact, a BLM GRIFTER was arrested for fraud today. And it's more generally true that no one like hall monitors and that Beyonce SHOULD have kept spaz in Heated. Those were personal opinions and had nothing to do with political outcomes. Plus, most sane people would agree that someone shouldn't be "cancelled" for not knowing something before they actually know it (i.e. like someone's pronouns right out of the gate).ย :cm:

ย 

I didn't insist Fetterman was going to lose, nor did I champion Demings, Ryan, or any Senate candidate for that matter. The point was that IF Fetterman loses (like 99% of Bernie's other candidates :laugh:) it would look bad on Bernie.ย But otherwise, I very explicitly said I hoped he won because Senate control is more important.

ย 

Student debt forgiveness was capped off at $10k like I suggested. Good. But it's true that I didn't anticipate the positive news cycle that it generated for Dems if deployed before the election. The corporate media has a tendency to spin wins as losses for Democrats. This is pretty much the only thing you have a point on.

ย 

Otherwise, you and everyone left of AOC in here doubted Biden's entire Presidency from the beginning. So the midterms were literally a rejection of everything YOU believe.ย :chick2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.