2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

• Replies 24.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Since Trump, she's voted against: Medicare For All, Green New Deal, Free College, Abolishing the Death Penalty, giving stimulus checks to Dreamers, ending the PARIOT Act, budget cuts to the DOD, blocking USMCA, etc. 

She's been in office for 20 years. :skull:

Doesnt look like anyone will primary her so we're just stuck with her:redface:

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

An 80% drop in her margin of victory between 2016, during a red wave, and now. :skull:

Maybe next time she'll think about attacking Biden for one of the most important policies of his presidency.

Solid argument for depressed turn-out of Latinos based on all of this that she squeaked by on (deja vu to Bernie primary). 

To be a fly on the wall of her advisors decisions on all of this....

Congrats to the Dems for holding onto the senate :clap3: 

Now let’s get some news that Kari Lake is STOMPED out. 

10 minutes ago, Element said:

whew watch out clarence

5 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

I was just talking about this with someone. God if you're listening. :mandown:

When it happens I want the far left girls to step on Biden’s neck until he appoints a progressive judge. Not only because its for the best interest of the country but as a personal vendetta against the GOP for the way they made us suffer with Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. 

44 minutes ago, Communion said:

Progressive Scores of 2024 Dems:
78.8% - 04/50 - MA - Elizabeth Warren
58.8% - 07/50 - NY - Kirsten Gillibrand
37.8% - 12/50 - HI - Mazie Hirono
37.8% - 13/50 - WI - Tammy Baldwin
37.8% - 14/50 - OH - Sherrod Brown
31.4% - 18/50 - WA - Maria Cantwell
29.7% - 22/50 - CT - Chris Murphy
29.4% - 24/50 - MN - Amy Klobuchar
27.0% - 25/50 - NM - Martin Heinrich

25.0% - 26/50 - VA - Tim Kaine
25.0% - 27/50 - CA - Dianne Feinstein
24.3% - 28/50 - MD - Ben Cardin 
22.9% - 31/50 - NJ - Bob Menendez
21.6% - 33/50 - DE - Tom Carper
18.9% - 34/50 - RI - Sheldon Whitehouse

16.2% - 40/50 - PA - Bob Casey Jr.
16.2% - 41/50 - MI - Debbie Stabenow
16.2% - 43/50 - MT - Jon Tester
13.8% - 46/50 - NV - Jacky Rosen
10.7% - 48/50 - AZ - Kyrsten Sinema
05.7% - 50/50 - WV - Joe Manchin

Yeah, some of these people need to go, especially the bold. :skull:

For context, by the sheer right-wing bias of the Senate, someone new like Ossoff already has a more progressive voting record than 90% of the Congressional Senate Dems, even when his own record is largely just middle-of-the-lane liberal. Warnock votes for progressive measures more often than 80% of Senate Dems.

Dianne Feinstein basically being a corpse meant to block progressive policies from the bluest state.

Why is Mazie so bad but Amy not?

14 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Doesnt look like anyone will primary her so we're just stuck with her:redface:

This tweet gave me a headache:

18 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Solid argument for depressed turn-out of Latinos based on all of this that she squeaked by on (deja vu to Bernie primary). 

To be a fly on the wall of her advisors decisions on all of this....

Will be interesting to see the state party's connection with Latino voters further evaporate and Dems still be surprised Rosen sees the same downward trajectory that Masto had to pour tens of millions of dollars to barely survive. 

3 minutes ago, Domination said:

Why is Mazie so bad but Amy not?

Oh, they're all bad. The bold are more-so who I think are most at odds with the way the electorate in their state actually stands in terms of policies. I think Klobuchar has a weird hometown hero vibe that has made her more difficult to primary. Meanwhile, Hawaii is like this weird hellmouth where it's one of the bluest states but all of its Congressional Dems are centrists who easily sail through primaries due to mass military funding.

Tulsi is a gross bigot, but it's wild to me that there was so much uproar over her when her voting record was often more progressive than either Schatz or Hirono, let-alone the Ed ******* Case. :toofunny3:

This isn't to suggest someone like Tulsi was progressive though, but emphasize the issue that despite being a Democrat-stronghold, most HI Congressional Dems are so anti-progressive measures that Tulsi's middle-of-the-road voting record during her time in the House could out-pace them. 

Ed Case is in a +50 D district and is one of the most conservative Democrats in the House. 

Every Hawaii congressional D-primary ends up like: *establishment figure who defends the military poisoning the water of indigenous communities* 70% vs *native local activist who the state party called radical* 30% :skull:

38 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

When it happens I want the far left girls to step on Biden’s neck until he appoints a progressive judge. Not only because its for the best interest of the country but as a personal vendetta against the GOP for the way they made us suffer with Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. 

He gave us Ketanji Brown Jackson I see no reason why he wouldn't nominate a progressive to combat the extreme right wing judges we have. Lets just hope his nominee replaces Clarence Thomas or Samuel Alito. :gaycat5:

1 hour ago, DONTYELLATME said:

the biggest loser was Tulsi Gabbard, she really thought she was gonna cash in on the red wave crazies

now she a loser on both sides :bibliahh:

:ahh::ahh::ahh:

Now all I want is for Lake and Caruso to lose. Miss CCM pulled through!

the 2024 Senate map for Dems is so TRAGIC omg

Edited by Matthew4815

59 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

This warms my little black heart so much. :jonny6:

:bibliahh:

@Bloo

Amy McGrath's voter percentage with $100M: 38% against Mitch McConnell

Charles Booker's voter percentage with a fraction of $$$: 38% against Rand Paul

:fan:

Edited by Communion

2 hours ago, DONTYELLATME said:

the biggest loser was Tulsi Gabbard, she really thought she was gonna cash in on the red wave crazies

now she a loser on both sides :bibliahh:

And no sight of his biggest fan in here :bibliahh:

2024 :rip:

Sotomayor and Kagan should both consider retiring now, because even '26 could be messy.

27 minutes ago, Harrier said:

I'm so happy the GA senate race isn't as necessary :clap3:

At the very least,  it will cancel out Manchin or Synema's influence which will be nice. 

14 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

spacer.png

:ahh:

When Sinema tries to fall in line now, only to still get primaried/defeated in '24. Clown shoes. :clownny:

Someone on Reddit suggested Scott Kelly, Mark's twin brother, for the Texas senate race since he lives here now. Imagine the gag, I'm not sure if siblings have ever served in congress together. Not that I have any hope for this wretched state to turn blue any time soon after the last few cycles but :clownny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.