2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

29 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Itโ€™s Happening!

ย 

MSNBC now projecting GOP at 219 +/- 4

ย 

ย 

ย 

Wait does this mean that the democrats might keep the house or are they saying that it will be R 219 for sure?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Wait does this mean that the democrats might keep the house or are they saying that it will be R 219 for sure?

Rs could have as high as 223 seats or as low as 215 seats. 219 is the averageย 

1 minute ago, DONTYELLATME said:

Rs could have as high as 223 seats or as low as 215 seats. 219 is the averageย 

:jonny5:

3 hours ago, Kassi said:

Watching Republican pundits and pollsters flailing around is such a dopamine hit!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

The way they think promoting Ted Cruz or Rand Paul to leadership in the Senate or Gaetz or MTG in the House will ingratiate them to voters.ย 
ย 

Theyโ€™re headed in the complete OPPOSITE direction from where they need to go.ย :deadbanana4:

To think you were advocating Dems to throw trans kids under the bus just a few weeks ago and saying Biden shouldn't do student debt forgiveness.ย :smiley:

ย 

Hopefully centrist Dems are forced to reflect on their misgivings and false sense of the electorate as much as Republicans.ย 

Edited by Communion

Republicans blew itย :bibliahh:ย glad those rats have to wait 2 more years - democrats snatching back the house after all the polls said they had a 20 percent chanceย :bibliahh:ย would absolutely send meย 

ย 

ย 

21 minutes ago, Chemist said:

ย 

ย 

Major upset incoming :jonny3:

Was called! ย Dem pickup!

Dems could do so much with 2 more years of having the trifecta.ย 
ย 

I was a little disappointed that they didnโ€™t pass free community college, but that could be back on the table if they keep the houseย :duca:

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

BREAKING: KAREN BASS EXPANDS LEAD TO 9,463 VOTES OVER CARUSO: L.A. TIMES: Sat. 11/12 at 7:30 pm EST

How many votes to count?

Just now, Vroom Vroom said:

ย 

I was a little disappointed that they didnโ€™t pass free community college, but that could be back on the table if they keep the houseย :duca:

And If we get 51 senate seats and donโ€™t have to put up with manchin and Sinema at the same time ?

Iโ€™m very skeptical of Demโ€™s ability to do anything with only a 218/219 seat majority if they do pull it off.ย 
ย 

Like the bonus of winning the house is they can probably continue the Jan 6 investigations and not have to deal with the Hunter Biden investigations, but I really canโ€™t imagine they pull out any significant legislation during that time.

ย 

Like at this point no matter who wins the actual act of governing the House is going to be a mess trying to manage the different factions. And like one death or retirement could change control of the whole thing.

24 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

ย 

If dems wants to survive 2024, they better use the next year to their advantage. Sinema and Machin better fall in line with elections coming upย 

28 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

And If we get 51 senate seats and donโ€™t have to put up with manchin and Sinema at the same time ?

Yeah, but if they win the House, it would likely be all on Henry Cuellar which @Kassiย shilled for because he never thought it would end up like this so soon after a election

32 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

ย 

Still not dreaming bigย :skull:

ย 

It's wild that the most progressive generation ever has been why Dems are succeeding and we're still entertaining talk of half-measures.ย 

ย 

If Biden wants to continue this success, he must ensure the $15 minimum wage and free public college for all is passed by 2024. It is time he gets his party in line.ย 

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

ย 

ย 

Major upset incoming :jonny3:

SHe won!!! WASHINGTON is beaming.ย 

Though I still think the overall race is still in favor of Republicans, it is insane there is a very real possibility the dems might hold the house and even gain 1 in the Senate. Definitely progressives and young people are to thank on top of the other usual helpful bases.ย 

I can't believe I am saying this but seeing how generally Trump's candidates did with the insanity of that base I am encouraging Trump to run in 2024 and to throw as many crazies into congressional races as he can. Please. Make winning easier some more. There really aren't any easy pickings for the Senate for Republican seats that will be up for grabs, but even just replacing Synema would be amazing. Maybe by some chance if Republicans stay stupid and continuing on the same path, inflation is settled, things are relatively good, and even 1 or just a few good things are passed in the next 2 years the house can be taken back if lost or the lead can be expanded.ย 

the biggest loser was Tulsi Gabbard, she really thought she was gonna cash in on the red wave crazies

ย now she a loser on both sidesย :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.