2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan

16 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Wow πŸ‘πŸΌ

Β 

People have been criticizing the campaign for not letting Tim shine, but I think it's been deliberate this entire time. They're now releasing him to the media right before the election so everything will be fresh in people's minds.Β 

• Like 2

• Replies 52.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Blade said:

I can't take people seriously when valid critique of the Biden admin's foreign policy turns into things like "Holocaust Harris" or now "[Harris] is a genocidal zionist rape queen"

And when her policy approach to Israel ultimately amounts to zero material difference between her approach and Biden's, will this still be the case?Β 
Β 

this is what working tirelessly for a ceasefire looks like

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Blade said:

can't take people seriously when valid critique of the Biden admin's foreign policy turns into things like "Holocaust Harris" or now "[Harris] is a genocidal zionist rape queen"

....because that's wrong? She continuously entertains zionist propaganda and lies about "mass rape" happening on Oct 7th yet she has not said a single word about the documented rape and sexual assault happening in Israeli torture camps that everyone from women to children to men are subjected to.

Β 

Kamala has made it clear that her stance and policy won't be that different from Biden's. You guys are truly only lying to yourselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

....because that's wrong?

Yes

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

And when her policy approach to Israel ultimately amounts to zero material difference between her approach and Biden's, will this still be the case?Β 
Β 

this is what working tirelessly for a ceasefire looks like

Β 

Β 

Sorry, you're right. This is clear evidence that Kamala is in fact a Zionist Rape Queen.

Just now, Blade said:

Β Kamala is in fact a Zionist Rape Queen.

:clap3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

If Kamala is a "rape queen," then by the very same stretched logic, the leftists in this thread are racist, xenophobic, transphobic misogynists since their ideals and actions will lead to a trump administration. If yall wanna admit to that, then I'll admit to your idea of what Kamala is.Β 
Β 

but you guys don't ever apply your own shaky logic to yourselves. :shakeno:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Blade said:

Sorry, you're right. This is clear evidence that Kamala is in fact a Zionist Rape Queen.

I will agree with you to say it's not fair to describe her that way right now, since she's not President right this second.

Β 

All I'm asking is, does that change when she does become President and carries out the exact same policy agenda that Joe Biden is right now? The way she's campaigning, leaning on the "Israel has a right to defend itself" platitudes certainly leads one to believe that yes, there will in fact be zero difference.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Sannie said:

If Kamala is a "rape queen," then by the very same stretched logic, the leftists in this thread are racist, xenophobic, transphobic misogynists since their ideals and actions will lead to a trump administration. If yall wanna admit to that, then I'll admit to your idea of what Kamala is.Β 
Β 

but you guys don't ever apply your own shaky logic to yourselves. :shakeno:

Yes because I, a ****** from a 3rd world country, have the same power as the current VP and presidential candidate Kamala Harris :jonnyknife:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

I will agree with you to say it's not fair to describe her that way right now, since she's not President right this second.

Β 

All I'm asking is, does that change when she does become President and carries out the exact same policy agenda that Joe Biden is right now? The way she's campaigning, leaning on the "Israel has a right to defend itself" platitudes certainly leads one to believe that yes, there will in fact be zero difference.

I think and hope she will have a different approach to Israel then self-proclaimed Zionist Joe Biden (yes you guys can call Biden a Zionist he literally called himself one)

I mean Nancy Pelosi herself, the literal epitome of Democratic establishment, is harder on Netanyahu than Biden. I think Kamala can and SHOULD be the change for the US-Israel relationship. Will that happen? I have no clue. I get hopeful when I see she reaches out to Arab and Muslim American groups to hear their grievances and seeing she was clearly not happy with Netanyahu during her meeting with him this summer. I also get much less hopeful as the days go on and Biden, who ADMITTED he thinks Israel is trying to influence the election towards Trump, can't even switch up. It makes me question if the US-Israel relationship is even malleable or if it will only strengthen. All I know is I want Biden out of dealing with the Middle East and I for sure don't want Trump to have another go at it either.Β 

I think something that gets lost in the conversation about Kamala supporters is that they're willing to put domestic policy over foreign policy. Which in some cases, like women's and LGBTQ rights, is fair. However, I actually am not supporting Kamala because I am putting my views on foreign policy in the backseat. I *do* believe she would be tougher on Israel which is part of the reason I want her to win.

I hope I'm right and she is better for the Middle East than Biden but all I have to go off is the above ~vibes~ which isn't much to go off.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Β 

Ofc nothing will change , unless far left of USA controlled most of wall street , banks and corporations in USA.

12 minutes ago, Blade said:

I think and hope she will have a different approach to Israel then self-proclaimed Zionist Joe Biden (yes you guys can call Biden a Zionist he literally called himself one)

I mean Nancy Pelosi herself, the literal epitome of Democratic establishment, is harder on Netanyahu than Biden. I think Kamala can and SHOULD be the change for the US-Israel relationship. Will that happen? I have no clue. I get hopeful when I see she reaches out to Arab and Muslim American groups to hear their grievances and seeing she was clearly not happy with Netanyahu during her meeting with him this summer. I also get much less hopeful as the days go on and Biden, who ADMITTED he thinks Israel is trying to influence the election towards Trump, can't even switch up. It makes me question if the US-Israel relationship is even malleable or if it will only strengthen. All I know is I want Biden out of dealing with the Middle East and I for sure don't want Trump to have another go at it either.Β 

I think something that gets lost in the conversation about Kamala supporters is that they're willing to put domestic policy over foreign policy. Which in some cases, like women's and LGBTQ rights, is fair. However, I actually am not supporting Kamala because I am putting my views on foreign policy in the backseat. I *do* believe she would be tougher on Israel which is part of the reason I want her to win.

I hope I'm right and she is better for the Middle East than Biden but all I have to go off is the above ~vibes~ which isn't much to go off.

I guess I just get different vibes and find it hard to have hope when you know. I've seen this film before and I didn't like the endingΒ :suburban:

Β 

She didn't come off as too friendly to Netanyahu, true, but that's because he has an obvious preference as to whom he'd like to see as president, and it's definitely not her. It's not that he thinks she'd be any less permissive of the worst thing he'd like to do than Biden has been. He just knows he'd get even less pushback from Trump. The difference between the two will ultimately be that with Harris, Bibi will still walk all over her and do whatever he wants anyway. He'll get some light public scolding to satisfy her base enough that they'll look the other way, sure, but he'll still get all the weapons he wants, "unconditional- unconditiooooooon-aaaaaaaallyyyyy!" With Trump, he gets the weapons without the scolding. It's a win-win for Bibi.

Β 

It's perfectly fine to vote for Harris because of domestic issues. I just think expecting any difference on any foreign policy other than maybe Ukraine is kind of… overdosed on copium.

Edited by ClashAndBurn
  • Like 1

I think it can be both true that the language used is purposefully inflammatory and meant to be upsetting and that people are in part upset with the accuracy of much of it because they have yet come to terms with the horrors the Biden-Harris admin have enabled in foreign policy. Real death tolls likely are as high as 20% of all of Gazans.Β 

Β 

I also don't think there is a unique double standard.Β 

Β 

We are literally just arguing over how Dick Cheney is evil because he, as VP, is just as responsible for GWB's foreign policy.Β 

Β 

If Dick Cheney is a war criminal for what the GWB admin did, would Harris not also bare responsibility for Biden's war crimes?Β 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

I think it can be both true that the language used is purposefully inflammatory and meant to be upsetting and that people are in part upset with the accuracy of much of it because they have yet come to terms with the horrors the Biden-Harris admin have enabled in foreign policy. Real death tolls likely are as high as 20% of all of Gazans.Β 

Β 

I also don't think there is a unique double standard.Β 

Β 

We are literally just arguing over how Dick Cheney is evil because he, as VP, is just as responsible for GWB's foreign policy.Β 

Β 

If Dick Cheney is a war criminal for what the GWB admin did, would Harris not also bare responsibility for Biden's war crimes?Β 

I don't believe Harris has her hands clean at all, but Dick Cheney was called "The Most Powerful VP" for a reason. The dynamic between Biden and Harris isn't the same, and I think it's pretty clear they have some differences of opinion that Harris is afraid to truly define.

Β 

And therein lies the problem, Harris doesn't really make her true beliefs well known. We're all just assuming, and as much as I'd like to assume she'll be harder on Netanyahu and Israel, I think it's unlikely unless the conversations around Israel start to ramp up even more. But if they haven't yet, I can't imagine what would from here on out.

Β 

But while Biden seems to have a strong affinity for Israel, I feel Harris is more interested in keeping the status quo, which means she'll support Israel just like everyone before. Is that better than Biden's clear love for them? I guess, but the results like mostly be the same anyways.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sannie said:

If Kamala is a "rape queen," then by the very same stretched logic, the leftists

You don't believe this. Sadly because you don't even believe that Israelis are committing mass rape of Palestinians since your past post indicated you don't believe Israel is committing genocide, but let's be clear. You don't believe this.

Β 

I got told "MAYBE YOU'RE IN THE WRONG THREAD IF YOU THINK SO MANY PEOPLE ARE ARGUING IN BAD FAITH" cause I got too close to a nerve for even the most critical of Harris' supporters - even the usually reasonable ones - but like always, time proves my original criticisms correct because you have people like you posting despite lacking understanding of or even concern for major political realities. And you eventually post insane hot takes like this.

Β 

So we reach the point of "If the 2nd most powerful politician is guilty for quite literally defending apartheid regime's debunked claims of mass rape, then leftist Americans and non-Americans with no power are just as MATERIALLY responsible for uh *spins wheel*".Β 

Β 

I used the criticism of parasocial for a reason. Partisan Dems have become a bit too much like MAGA in their celebrification of their politicians.Β 

Β 

I saw someone argue that Chappell Roan was more privileged as a queer white woman than *re-reads* the literal VP of the United States.

Β 

Politicians are not people. They're public servants. They're siphons of power. Harris is not a cool aunt. She is not someone you can relate to. She's one of the most powerful people in the world who bares a shared responsibility for thousands of deaths. Never even in my most feverish support of Sanders did I ever view him as a person I should project myself onto than a catalyst for political change. Which is why even the reasonable Harris supporters getting their claws out and becoming defensive over Harris when polls begin to show Stein siphoning votes away from her is like ????

Β 

She is not your big sis. She is not your bestie getting jumped. She is a politician who is failing you by being one-up'd by a kooky fringe 3rd party force because apparently it's more important to help Israel run mass rape prison camps in the desert than to convince young people to vote for your campaign.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Y'all try too hard :toofunny3:

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I don't believe Harris has her hands clean at all, but Dick Cheney was called "The Most Powerful VP" for a reason. The dynamic between Biden and Harris isn't the same, and I think it's pretty clear they have some differences of opinion that Harris is afraid to truly define.

Β 

And therein lies the problem, Harris doesn't really make her true beliefs well known. We're all just assuming, and as much as I'd like to assume she'll be harder on Netanyahu and Israel, I think it's unlikely unless the conversations around Israel start to ramp up even more. But if they haven't yet, I can't imagine what would from here on out.

Β 

But while Biden seems to have a strong affinity for Israel, I feel Harris is more interested in keeping the status quo, which means she'll support Israel just like everyone before. Is that better than Biden's clear love for them? I guess, but the results like mostly be the same anyways.

I think the issue is, and you seem to agree, is that the argument "well, she isn't as involved or interested in foreign policy" isn't convincing when:

• Cheney showedΒ the capacity a VP can influence the POTUS on foreign policy;
  • Past VP's have bared the same burden for their POTUS' foreign policy even when in the shadows - Humphrey is literally Harris' parallel;
  • Harris herself finds every opportunity to both defend the Biden admin's foreign policy and reassure voters her foreign policy will be the exact same;

It goes back to the frustrations that Republicans can always be pulled further to the right yet those who claim moral objection within the Democrats never push the party left.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

@nooniebaoΒ I screamed at realizing the attempted rebranding from CAP that I never noticed they underwent in 2020 for Biden's campaign. I saw the "American Progress" twitter account a few weeks back and was like "...wait... is this ******* CAP??".

Β 

Reminds me of the internal document Jill Stein's campaign leaked showing Third Way doing internal polling in conjunction with... Move On.Β :redface:

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Trump back in Butler, PA begging people to feel bad for his ear scratch. :deadbanana:Β 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

@nooniebaoΒ I screamed at realizing the attempted rebranding from CAP that I never noticed they underwent in 2020 for Biden's campaign. I saw the "American Progress" twitter account a few weeks back and was like "...wait... is this ******* CAP??".

Β 

Reminds me of the internal document Jill Stein's campaign leaked showing Third Way doing internal polling in conjunction with... Move On.Β :redface:

Β 

Β 

MoveOn were always VBNMW w/ a radlib/edgy aesthetic tbh so not too surprising.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.