2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan

54 minutes ago, Communion said:

ย 

ย 

And of course this is silly cause now I sound confrontational to the good sisters. When let it be known I maintain voting is transactional and my WH0RE ass might actually be convinced to vote for Harris if there's $20,000 less on my MOHELA balance within 30 days but gorlies I just want us to fight disinformation better! Fjdjdjย :redface:ย Okay not reading this thread for 30 days for my sanity.ย :heart2:

Before you go, could you give us your prediction for this election cycle? I vaguely remember your 2022 predictions being fairly accurate and wanted to know what kind of results you were expecting for the presidential, house and senate racesย 

• Replies 52.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine going to jail as a senior citizen for nine years while the guy you broke the law for is allowed to run for President.

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Imagine going to jail as a senior citizen for nine years while the guy you broke the law for is allowed to run for President.

ย 

ย 

Please go watch the sentencing video. She is STILL deep in the cult too with zero remorse.ย ย 

• Haha 1

Just got my ballot in the mail :alexz:

ย 

Time to go research these judges

• Like 2

Officially off work the day after election. If Kamala wins (or is favored) I need to see all the MAGA meltdowns on CNN and Fox. Inversely if Trump wins I'm going to work and tuning out ALL media and acting like nothing happened, I refuse to have a meltdown over it. Luckily I barely talk to any colleagues and definitely not about politics.ย 

ย 

That said, I hope she puts just as much energy into energizing the base as she is tryna convince Republicans to vote for her leading up to the election. I for one have never trusted a "never Trump Republican" once they enter the voting boothย :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dman4life said:

Officially off work the day after election. If Kamala wins (or is favored) I need to see all the MAGA meltdowns on CNN and Fox. Inversely if Trump wins I'm going to work and tuning out ALL media and acting like nothing happened, I refuse to have a meltdown over it. Luckily I barely talk to any colleagues and definitely not about politics.ย 

ย 

That said, I hope she puts just as much energy into energizing the base as she is tryna convince Republicans to vote for her leading up to the election. I for one have never trusted a "never Trump Republican" once they enter the voting boothย :coffee2:

I work until 7 dat day and then I'm off until Monday.ย 

I suppose this messes with the dock worker head collusion theory. Then again Trump threw Ron under the bus ages ago. :coffee2:ย 

ย 

ย 

2 hours ago, Blade said:

@Communionย wait are you saying the clip of Stein saying she would be open to pardoning J6ers is fake? I can't find it anymore.ย 
ย 

That's the clip someone posted that I replied to. not the Trump one. Was it misinfo?

She doesn't explicitly say "I'm open to pardoning the J6ers", but when asked if she's open to pardoning them or commuting their sentences, she gives a long word salad about how it depends and she'd have to review all their charges to decide if it would be fair to pardon/commute them. She then does literally say the quote in the caption about how parts of J6 have been blown up for political purposes.

ย 

Like I'm sorry, but this repeated "here's what she REALLY meant!" defense is getting very old very quickly and it's literally what both Trump supporters do and what Biden supporters were doing back when they tried to defend his nonstop cognitive decline moments. It was annoying gaslighting when Trump and Biden supporters did it and it's annoying gaslighting when Stein supporters do it. And I'd like to think I'm not a hypocrite on this because I have spent literalย yearsย on this forum calling out Biden's cognitive decline in the face of defenders who tried to explain "what he really meant" (and it goes without saying I obviously despise MAGAts who do that for Trump's defense too).

ย 

At a certain point, you have to start taking people's intentions at face value when they say and do nonsense things. This is the same woman who was liking social media comments a few weeks ago that point blank said that voting for Trump was still a preferable option to letting Harris win if someone doesn't want to directly vote for Stein. She's made it very clear she does not take the threat of Trump seriously. She has legitimate, valid reasons to be against the Democratic Party because of how they've treated the Green Party's ballot access attempts, but I don't get why people feel the need to keep defending her actively boosting MAGA talking points as part of that, unless my previous post is right and those defenders also actively want to see Harris lose to Trump as a "told you so" moment.

• Thanks 13

It's time to risk political capital on unpacking cultural resentment, 2024 election example #โ€ฆ56?ย :coffee2:ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

Please go watch the sentencing video. She is STILL deep in the cult too with zero remorse.ย ย 

:jonny: I was wondering that. That must be why the sentence is so long. :ahh:ย 

ย 

14 minutes ago, shelven said:

She doesn't explicitly say "I'm open to pardoning the J6ers", but when asked if she's open to pardoning them or commuting their sentences, she gives a long word salad about how it depends and she'd have to review all their charges to decide if it would be fair to pardon/commute them. She then does literally say the quote in the caption about how parts of J6 have been blown up for political purposes.

ย 

Like I'm sorry, but this repeated "here's what she REALLY meant!" defense is getting very old very quickly and it's literally what both Trump supporters do and what Biden supporters were doing back when they tried to defend his nonstop cognitive decline moments. It was annoying gaslighting when Trump and Biden supporters did it and it's annoying gaslighting when Stein supporters do it. And I'd like to think I'm not a hypocrite on this because I have spent literalย yearsย on this forum calling out Biden's cognitive decline in the face of defenders who tried to explain "what he really meant" (and it goes without saying I obviously despise MAGAts who do that for Trump's defense too).

ย 

At a certain point, you have to start taking people's intentions at face value when they say and do nonsense things. This is the same woman who was liking social media comments a few weeks ago that point blank said that voting for Trump was still a preferable option to letting Harris win if someone doesn't want to directly vote for Stein. She's made it very clear she does not take the threat of Trump seriously. She has legitimate, valid reasons to be against the Democratic Party because of how they've treated the Green Party's ballot access attempts, but I don't get why people feel the need to keep defending her actively boosting MAGA talking points as part of that, unless my previous post is right and those defenders also actively want to see Harris lose to Trump as a "told you so" moment.

At least with Biden and Trump they are literal corpses with melted brains. Jill Stein isn't, from what I know, so there's no need for "this is what she really meant" since she is coherently saying what she really means. :eli:ย 

• Like 1

Trump's Latino town hall: Miami Oct 8

Kamala's Latino town hall: Las Vegas Oct 10

ย 

Kinda glad she gets the "last word"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Adding on to the above, I would absolutely love it for Trump to have a viral moment/**** up similar in level to "Kamala isn't Black" at the WABJ a couple months ago.

ย 

Latino's are a very reactionary and therefore movable part of the electorate esp low income / not college educated ones. If he bombs that town hall it would be great for NV and AZ but I'm sure he'll perform fine since his campaign managers will be drilling into him that the only way he wins is making massive inroads with Latinos so he should appear and sound "presidential"

ย 

Praying the journalists at Univision don't give him softball questions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.