• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Armani? said:

ย 

ย But I was promised trump is winning young men by a huge margin.ย 

When you dig deep into these polls you begin to realize they're likely bullshit.ย :rip:ย That's not to say all polling is wrong but we pretty much know what the demographics are going to look like on election day. If your poll is showing 46% black support for Trump, then you should already know something is off with it.ย :rip:

ย 

ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else nervous for the VP debate?ย 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

I'm a little nervous about it. JD is obviously gonna attack Tim about the "weapons I carried in war" ย drama that happened. I just hope Tim has a good response to that attack.ย 
ย 

maybe reiterating that he apologized for his statement coming off that way but the difference between him and JD is he he would never question someone's service to their question. No matter if they served 23 years like Tim or 4 years like JD. ย Then turn to attack Trump for trashing our veterans.ย 

• Like 1

help-

ย 

ย 

ย 

20 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Surprisingly no. Even if JD outtalks Walz he'll end up coming off like an *******.ย 

Edited by Rotunda
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Tim is a self professed "bad debater," but JD Vance is so unlikable and incapable of coming off as human, I don't think it really matters. JD won't be able to help himself from hitting below the belt which will come off badly, and I think Tim's personality will carry him.ย 

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 5

The polls are just soโ€ฆ useless this time around. On the one hand, we have SO much (what seems like) herding with the majority of pollsters, and then we have these outliers that just don't make any sense as to why they're outliers in the way they are.ย 

ย 

They are not telling us anything this time other than "Oh, Harrisโ€ฆ might be slightly ahead? But Trump actually might be still underestimated. But also Harris might be underestimated, so many Latino and Black voters are undecided."

ย 

Like okayโ€ฆ love that for us? Maybe? Maybe not? I can't imagine being positive or negative about these polls. They're either showing a trend that looks like herding or they're showing +10 and +35 swings in polls that were at most a month apart. What conclusion can even be drawn from this other than hoping for the best? :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

Also I don't think anyone is expecting or demanding a rigorous policy debate from Walz. He's meant to make the ย the Democratic Party seem relatable, and will do that easily.

ย 

Vance is going to be expected to make Trump's rhetoric and policy positions seem intelligible (because charisma isn't where Vance shines), which is a much harder position to be playing from.

• Like 3

The SNL opening was hilarious. Maya Rudolph is the perfect Kamala.ย 

ย 

23 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I'm a little nervous about it. JD is obviously gonna attack Tim about the "weapons I carried in war" ย drama that happened. I just hope Tim has a good response to that attack.ย 
ย 

maybe reiterating that he apologized for his statement coming off that way but the difference between him and JD is he he would never question someone's service to their question. No matter if they served 23 years like Tim or 4 years like JD. ย Then turn to attack Trump for trashing our veterans.ย 

He can also say that he's willing to admit when he misspeaks as opposed to someone who is pedaling the Haitian migrant lie despite being told repeatedly it's a hoaxย :chick1:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

The SNL opening was hilarious. Maya Rudolph is the perfect Kamala.ย 

ย 

The Espresso line was too good :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Also I expect Timmy will flop the debate, sure Vance is an ass but so is Trump and as long as Trump doesn't look like an idiot like he did in the last debate, he wins. I believe the same will happen with Vance tbh. He'll get more words in and more "gotchas" and that's all a debate win needs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Also I expect Timmy will flop the debate, sure Vance is an ass but so is Trump and as long as Trump doesn't look like an idiot like he did in the last debate, he wins. I believe the same will happen with Vance tbh. He'll get more words in and more "gotchas" and that's all a debate win needs.

ย I feel like sometimes you let your pessimism cloud your thinking a bit too much.

ย 

Trump gets graded on a unique curve nobody else does.ย 

Edited by Rotunda
  • Like 3

Short of a fly landing on someone's head while they're speaking, the VP debate will be forgotten within 36 hours of it happening.

• Like 5

I have more confidence in Walz debating Vance than Harris debating Trump. Walz is very personable and Vance doesn't have a charismatic bone in his body. Walz also does a great job of presenting Dem policies while Vance literally admitted to lying about Hatian immigrants on national tv.

ย 

Overall, I predict Vance will make many mistakes and Walz will have a lot one one liners that will stick. Walz will win and Kamala will slowly start to breakaway in the polls and Trump will finally agree to debate Kamala again in which I don't believe she should agree

Edited by Istan4R
  • Like 3

Trump can be funny when he makes his crazy statements. Like, as racist as his cats and dogs comment was, out of context it's like a funny old man yelling at the clouds. JD Vance does not possess the charisma to be funny at all. If anything, if he has his own cats and dogs moment, he will come off as the Nazi he is. He won't be graded on a curve.ย 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

ย I feel like sometimes you let your pessimism cloud your thinking a bit too much.

ย 

Trump gets graded on a unique curve nobody else does.ย 

I'm not pessimistic about this, it's inconsequential. Walz will still be far more liked and Vance will be hated. Nothing will change other than people will say: "Oh I like Walz but Vance seemed like he won the debate." The needle won't move and that's that.ย 

ย 

Vance's proximity to Trump will probably grant him some grace in this instance. People might even be fooled by his doubletalk and think he actually sounds intelligent, even if he's an ass. But it won't matter anyways, I just don't think we should be thinking Walz is going to win this when he already let us know he's not a great debater.ย 

I'm slightly worried only because CBS announced that they won't be doing any fact checking, so Vance will be allowed to spew whatever lies he wants like the Springfield stuff unchecked. Which will give Fox enough soundbites to say he owned the libs or whatever. And Vance can keep himself in check and stick to policies unlike Trump. However I think Walz will probably win just due to his likability. Plus he can throw barbs himself, he was the one that started the effective weird attack after all. And JD has said a bunch of weird things that he can use in the debate.

ย 

Though regardless of what happens, I don't think the election is going to be significantly impacted by this debate.

• Like 2

Kamala's foreign policy is terrifying. And to think Phil Gordon is viewed as a more progressive foreign policy guyโ€ฆ

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Harriser said:

This batch of Atlas polls is going to tank her numbers in all the models, if they are as bad as we expect them to be

ย 

Edit: why is she doing better in the sunbelt than in the rustbelt, Atlas sis you are serving messย :suburban:

ย 

ย 

idk about y'all but my optimism is flagging, Trump is a complete disaster on the campaign trail and yet it is still a tossup no matter what she does.The electorate is fundamentally sick. Israels disgusting war in Lebanon is also good for Trump. Sigh

ย 

Yeah I feel like Trump's gonna win at this point, and tbh the way Democrats continue to allow Israel to destroy Palestine and now Lebanon is making me sour on Kamala anyway. Trump will obviously be worse but it's still hard to ignore the atrocities that are happening at this point.
ย 

If she wins cool, if she loses then she'll only have herself to blame for alienating voters.ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.