• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

Color me shocked. He doesn't care about Ukraine. He is all about clearing himself and his name. Typical narcissistic behavior.ย 
ย 

ย 

ย 

My question here is why didn't Zelenskyy say anythingย 

2 minutes ago, Vermillion said:

ย 

And you wonder why Harris doesn't do more? Is this not clear enough?

• Confused 1

I love how the article references a poll where she's up 3 statewide but losing NEPA by 7....

Like the polling clearly shows she doesn't need to win NEPA to win statewide.

Edited by Blade
  • Like 3

If the polls are accurate and Kamala has a 15 point lead in NY, I wonder if Biden would have only won there by single digits :deadbanana:

@shelvenย another NE2 poll with a double digit Harris lead...

Edited by Blade
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

If the polls are accurate and Kamala has a 15 point lead in NY, I wonder if Biden would have only won there by single digits :deadbanana:

The worst polling days after the debate for Biden had the Trump team thinking NJ was attainable so maybe...

6 hours ago, Raspberries said:

ย 

:sosad:

ย 

I mean, she's done nothing here at all until today. Ads aren't enough and Kari Lake/Abortion weren't going to be either when people will gladly split the ballot.ย 

ย 

I would get to Nevada QUICK if I were her. I would really like to at least snatch that state for 276 instead of 270.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Blade said:

@shelvenย another NE2 poll with a double digit Harris lead...

Not a 17 point lead in the NC-GOV race :deadbanana2:

5 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

I really think this Robinson mess is what's going to clinch NC for Harris

I've seen a lot of smart people say they're skeptical of a reverse coattails effect but in a race this close it really could end up being the difference, especially if Dems are effective in tying Trump and Robinson together as two morally reprehensible candidates. I don't think that argument wins over a lot of voters, but maybe just enough to cost Trump the state. I don't think Stein really will end up winning by 17 points but it's hard to imagine enough ticket splitting happening for Stein to win by 10+ and Trump winning the state.

• Like 2

39 days until election day

ย 

It appears as though her most likely paths assuming NE02 is no longer a tossup (which all recent polling suggests)

ย 

Her most likely paths in decreasing order

ย 

MI/WI/PA (Sun Belt red)ย 

MI/WI/NC/NV (AZ, GA, PA red)

MI/PA/NC (WI, AZ, NV, GA red)

MI/PA/GA (WI, NC, AZ, NV red)

ย 

Edited by Blade
  • Like 9

21 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

:sosad:

ย 

I mean, she's done nothing here at all until today. Ads aren't enough and Kari Lake/Abortion weren't going to be either when people will gladly split the ballot.ย 

ย 

I would get to Nevada QUICK if I were her. I would really like to at least snatch that state for 276 instead of 270.

Oh... so you don't plan on stuffing the ballot boxes to ensure a Kamala win? I knew you were that kind of girl.

ย 

20 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Not a 17 point lead in the NC-GOV race :deadbanana2:

I've seen a lot of smart people say they're skeptical of a reverse coattails effect but in a race this close it really could end up being the difference, especially if Dems are effective in tying Trump and Robinson together as two morally reprehensible candidates. I don't think that argument wins over a lot of voters, but maybe just enough to cost Trump the state. I don't think Stein really will end up winning by 17 points but it's hard to imagine enough ticket splitting happening for Stein to win by 10+ and Trump winning the state.

If they are truly tied and the GOV race is truly that much of a blow out, I just don't see how Kamala doesn't get dragged across the finish line. :jonny: Either because people are not voting or because Robinson turns them away from the GOP in general.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stein "only" being at 53% in that poll is further convincing me of my previous view that there are poll respondents claiming to be undecided because they're in denial that they'll ultimately vote for someone as heinous as Robinson just to vote the party line. Stein will win but I don't see it being a Shapiro 2022 blowout (unless evenย moreย crazy Robinson stuff happens between now and November, which is admittedly very possible with the way things have already gone :toofunny2:)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lil Mistee said:

My question here is why didn't Zelenskyy say anythingย 

He has to maintain a good relationship with Republicans in case Trump wins. It sucks but I get it.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

ย 

Since I'm bored and feel like starting ****, I have to ask: how? How is Ukraine going to win this war? What scenario is realistically possible that doesn't end in either a) Russia having some influence on Ukraine due to their geographical proximity, similar to how the US influences Mexico and Canada or b) nuclear war? Since everyone, from Zelenskyy to Putin to Biden to Xi to Lula to Modi to Macron, more or less agree that this war will end in a diplomatic settlement of sorts, how does prolonguing the conflict help secure a better deal for Ukraine?

ย 

I know some people have painted me and my fellow progressives as "Putin shills", but I'm really not. I understand that people don't feel it's fair to give Russia anything after they illegally invaded Ukraine. I get that. I can even share that sentiment.

ย 

I simply don't see how this policy of rejecting any sort of diplomacy with Russia ends up benefitting anyone other than the US. The Instanbul Comuniqueรฉ, as underdeveloped as it was, shows that both countries, even in the chaos of the illegal invasion, were able to make concessions with each other (neutrality of Ukraine, which Russia wants; security guarantees by major countries, which Ukraine understandably wants). I refuse to believe an actual peace process won't deliver even better results.

I respect and admire this point of view and your willingness to express it, and I agree, there is not a clear path for Ukraine to victory and it should be questioned whether this is actually the right decision not only for the West, but even more importantly for the Ukrainian people. It shouldn't have to be an isolationist, right wing position - it is also a humanist one: there is no point letting more and more Ukrainians die in the service of preserving exact pre-2022 national borders, especially if there is a path to a ceasefire where the only concessions are those territories where there were already civil conflicts. I place much higher value on people's lives than I do on nationalistic concepts of sovereignty or the motherland.

Spoiler

But I would like to be even more messy than you and quietly point out that there is an inconsistency in this particular position often taken by leftists. There is an expectation that Ukraine be realistic and make concessions, negotiate with Russia even though it has very clearly been victimised by the aggressive Putin regime.ย  Meanwhile, if I am to suggest the something similar with regards to a two state solution and argue that there is no actual path to 'from the river to sea', and thus seeking it is causing suffering for the Palestinian people, I am shouted down by many progressives as an Israel shill or a zionist in disguise. I would tentatively suggest that the difference here is Ukrainians are not framed as victims in your minds in the same way, and therefore the view is more pragmatic/humanist and less moralistic. But in actuality, innocent folks in both situations could benefit from thinking that puts them first and any other considerations about borders, history, past grievances, or indigeneity firmly second.

ย 

Or maybe sharing my view - which might be described by some as paternalistic - might reveal that perhaps you aren't so sure about this Ukraine position:suburban:

A position that argues victimised peoples should be supported in their ability to fight against agressive regimes like Israel and Russia is at least more internally consistent, and there are definitely progressives who believe that also.

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Liz Cheney sucks. Terrifying to see her embraced by any political party.

I am for the overall strategy of using Republican endorsements as a rhetorical device, ie 'my opponent is so extreme look at how many Republicans have endorsed me'. But... let's not use the Cheney's names too much. These disgusting neocons are loved by no one, or at least only a small sliver of rich anti-Trump conservative voters. Everytime I see this horrid cow's name attached to Kamala I grimace a littleย :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.