2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

I can't with the polling today :skull:

ย 

I'm holding onto my prediction that the only swing states she picks up are MI, NV and probably WI. Trump takes PA, GA, AZ, NC and wins the election.ย 

I know it's you and how you think, but objectively the polls literally don't show this, sis. They're close, but she has the slight edge and PA is trending towards her.ย 

ย 

• Like 1

• Replies 48.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

I think it's funny how everytime there's a poll showing Kamala losing or it very close, that's the poll Kamala sends out to raise money. They know what they're doingย 

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

Huge jump in the stock market this morning to a new all-time high :celestial5: #KamalaCrash

Stock market increasing but Trump's stock falling. :ahh:ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Haha 4

Why is Kari Lake doing senate events in London of all places fhdhdhhdhdbfn

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

Maine already threaten to do the same couple of months ago if Nebraska decides to pull a stunt so I don't know what this f***** is trying to accomplish.

11 minutes ago, Sannie said:

:ahh:ย They just gave Trump an 8-point bump over night. :ahh:ย :bibliahh:

ย 

Rcp is going to look a mess!

1 minute ago, Sannie said:

I know it's you and how you think, but objectively the polls literally don't show this, sis. They're close, but she has the slight edge and PA is trending towards her.ย 

ย 

Yeah, it could go to Kamala, but everything is so close and it seems like she barely gets ahead even with surges in her polling like with her campaign announcement, the DNC and the debate. Shortly after, it tightens again which is normal but it's basically saying that no matter what she does, she won't keep a solid lead.ย 

ย 

If that's the case, then it tells me maybe people already decided on Kamala months ago when they felt the economy wasn't good and the election was decided months ago before Kamala even began running.ย 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tiejc said:

Maine already threaten to do the same couple of months ago if Nebraska decides to pull a stunt so I don't know what this f***** is trying to accomplish.

Interesting because Charlie Kirk and some other right-wing commentators that are close with Trump were pushing this same thing a couple months ago. Looks like they're trying to move it forward now by pushing people in congress to pull some strings. This is something I would watch over the next month.ย 

ย 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

so... do nothing?

They are saying vote Jill Stein?

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, TrymeB said:

They are saying vote Jill Stein?

They're saying not to vote third party and potentially help Trump. It looks like they're saying to vote for Kamala not as a vote for her but a vote against Trump

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chris Cuomo's tweetย :doc:

lets go
ย 

Edited by Bamboo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

have we ever considered that non white voters are going to shift right more heavily in CA, TX, FL, NY but there's a possibility that swing state non whites stay virtually the same as 2020?ย 

BLORTH CAROLINA

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bamboo said:

It seems like in all these voter focus groups and all these poll analysis you hear the same thing - voters want to hear more about Kamala's policies. My question is: how exactly do they do that in a way that reaches voters?

ย 

She has a policy section on her website, the DNC has a party platform. I'm not sure what the campaign can do to really drive home their policies at this point. Televised town halls? Seeking out low information voters on more "less traditional" media like Hot Ones and podcasts? I know they have been a much more ~vibes~ based campaign until this last debate, but how much of becoming informed about candidates policies is on the campaign vs the voter?

ย 

Not shaming low information voters or anything, but I guess I'm curious how campaigns do reach these voters that say they want to know more about the candidate.ย 

I think more media appearances would help. It doesn't even have to be sit down interviews. Town halls, press conferences, and call-ins would also work.

ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blade said:

BLORTH CAROLINA

ย 

ย 

Can he even drop out at this point? I'm sure the NC Supreme Court will do whatever Republicans want, but...

12 minutes ago, Blade said:

have we ever considered that non white voters are going to shift right more heavily in CA, TX, FL, NY but there's a possibility that swing state non whites stay virtually the same as 2020?ย 

I mean, the polling we have in Florida & Texas doesn't really suggest that. California & New York sure

10 minutes ago, Blade said:

BLORTH CAROLINA

I wonder what's happening ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

Of course the NC Supreme Court will let him off the ballots and push back mailing them out once again. Delaying NC startย 
ย 

that my friends is election interferenceย 

47 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

ย 

:rip:

ย 

ย 

And this is why I don't argue with people in this thread over what I know to be true about the political climate in Michigan. The uncommitted movement/ Free Palestine shot itself in the foot with their clear vitriol, unchecked anti-blackness, and misogyny against Kamala. You cannot have an effective movement if you have no allies(Black Detroiters)from other marginalized communities fully on board. Those connections matter. It's not surprising that White leftists don't understand this at all and still try to spin a narrative in here.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

People are dunking on NYT having the national race tied but Harris up +4 in PA yet it makes me feel more at peace that they aren't intentionally herding the numbers. The fact that a good pollster cane up with Harris +4 in PA is in line with Joshua Smithley's (PA Election expert) analysis that the bounds of the race he's seeing are Trump +2 to Harris +4. Obviously that interval gives Harris the edge. Everything in that range should be considered normal error while everything outside of it would be an outlier.

• Like 4

Lol @ AOC speaking at the Center for American Progress. @Communion

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.