2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 48.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

2 minutes ago, on the line said:

I need to read a history book to post in a thread?

No, but you certainly make yourself look goofy by making claims that can be easily debunked with even just passing familiarity with @Vermillion's posts.ย 
ย 

the only one who's throwing a "little tantrum" here is you, I fearย :sorry:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

The Midwest is the battleground of this election and yet we have ppl in this forum and on the Internet acting like its blue locked. Hillary Clinton thought so too with much better polling in the area than Kamala afaik and we all know how that ended.

ย 

Hence @Vermillion's point about Palestine and Michigan was not just merely about pushing an agenda, its a realist view on how the election will play out. The white working class which historically voted Democratic has been trending Republican so Kamala needs all the votes she can get to win those states- including Arab American voters who are turned off by the Pro Israel rhetoric. Counting them out may turn fatal.ย 

ย 

I'd suggest that some users here should look at the bigger picture on the ground rather than rely on presumptions. Kamala is not even the problem, its the policies (her weak point) that is dragging her down.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cloudbusting said:

No, but you certainly make yourself look goofy by making claims that can be easily debunked with even just passing familiarity with @Vermillion's posts.ย 
ย 

the only one who's throwing a "little tantrum" here is you, I fearย :sorry:

You're entitled to your opinion even if I disagree. I'm still waiting for that debunking. Have a great day!

ย 

Spoiler

and that's how you disagree without a tantrum or using hot button words like "gaslighting" instead of "disagreeing"

ย 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

The Midwest is the battleground of this election and yet we have ppl in this forum and on the Internet acting like its blue locked. Hillary Clinton thought so too with much better polling in the area than Kamala afaik and we all know how that ended.

ย 

Hence @Vermillion's point about Palestine and Michigan was not just merely about pushing an agenda, its a realist view on how the election will play out. The white working class which historically voted Democratic has been trending Republican so Kamala needs all the votes she can get to win those states- including Arab American voters who are turned off by the Pro Israel rhetoric. Counting them out may turn fatal.ย 

ย 

I'd suggest that some users here should look at the bigger picture on the ground rather than rely on presumptions. Kamala is not even the problem, its the policies (her weak point) that is dragging her down.ย 

Do you have any currently polling that says this is true? I haven't seen it yet. All the polling that has been posted here has been better and better for Kamala each day.

1 hour ago, on the line said:

I'm sorry, but there is no way you can convince me this election is going to come down to Michigan and Palestine.

Then you should feel no sense to or urgency to attack people for not voting for Harris for being a genocider? lol like pick a struggle. Either you're happily abandoning Arab Americans and thus don't need their votes or you're absurdly relying on their vote while slaughtering their families. The math isn't mathing.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

I have no idea what will come of GA at this point, but I can only wish (and hope) that there are safeguards somewhere out there to keep the true results intact. PA being a toss-up, I get. States like NV being a toss-up, I get. But Georgia? My mind is so lost on how that will go this election.

1 minute ago, on the line said:

You're entitled to your opinion even if I disagree. I'm still waiting for that debunking. Have a great day!

ย 

ย  Hide contents

and that's how you disagree without a tantrum or using hot button words like "gaslighting" instead of "disagreeing"

ย 

The debunking is in the fact that no one else here has ever accused that user of being argumentative and demanding others agree on every issue. You're pulling things out of your ass under the guise of being so calm and collected, and it's incredibly transparent. Trying to position yourself as being above it all (as seen by the condescension in this reply) really only works when one isn't acting a mess trying to pick fights as you frequently do.ย 
ย 

enjoy arguing with the wall because I won't be opening your next postย 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, on the line said:

@Communion, can you confirm?

Likelihood to vote correlates with whiteness and affluence so sadly the Gays4Kamala voter outreach efforts may be looking more like the archetype you're referencing. Though I'm sure there's a few seats willing and open for non-white or female affluent profesisonal-managerial class individuals!

ย 

Just expect him to come knocking on your door sometime soon to discuss how the proudest thing a gay person can do is serve their empir- erm, nation:

ย 

SKIFKOVP4QI6TFARUYEPTUGC2M.jpg&w=1450

ย 

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Pikachoo said:

interesting that those making over 100k prefer Harris over Trump (57% to 42%). while those making less than 50k prefer Trump to Harris (48% to 42%) . I would have thought the opposite.

ย 

https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/econTabReport_dUFR0mV.pdf

It's historically been the opposite. Dems have won a plurality of poor Americans in general for decades. It was only in the last 30 or so years a plurality of poor people chose no one and now Dems are struggling to even have a larger voter share than Republicans.ย 

ย 

There's a conversation on how the education differences aren't really as pronounced reflections of income because education doesn't directly translate to an income binary but the polarization on income is sadly changing as well.ย 

ย 

Dems are abandoning poor people for those considered professional-managerial workers. The ultra rich still vote Republican but below them seems to be switching. Dems now courting managers over workers.ย 

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

The debunking is in the fact that no one else here has ever accused that user of being argumentative and demanding others agree on every issue. You're pulling things out of your ass under the guise of being so calm and collected, and it's incredibly transparent. Trying to position yourself as being above it all (as seen by the condescension in this reply) really only works when one isn't acting a mess trying to pick fights as you frequently do.ย 
ย 

enjoy arguing with the wall because I won't be opening your next postย 

@Vermillionย and I have had a nearly perfect mutual respect for each other in this thread. They misunderstood one of my posts once, and I replied back saying, "I was agreeing with you!" and they said oops, and we've supported each other with likes in this thread numerous times since.

ย 

This morning though, I replied disagreeing with them, and they responded to me, and then went and did an entirely new post not quoting me (but obviously still in their feelings about me disagreeing with them), and that's what I called out out as a little mini tantrum. It's clear to me now they see this asย theirย thread and don't like their opinions challenged. I see several of you have come to their defense so I can't blame them for having a mini meltdown over being challenged when they are usually praised. I threw their ridiculous "gaslighting" back at them.ย 

ย 

I'm definitely not above anyone. When it comes down to it, these are all just our own opinions and won't affect the actual election. As in my real life, I either have very strong opinions or no opinions, which often gets me in trouble, but I have never said my opinion matters more because I've never thought that. I won't apologize for having an opinion though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, on the line said:

We are sick of the gaslighting too, sis. You're trying to wish cast your agenda into existence

The agenda in question: Not aiding and abetting in the slaughter and torture of young children and mothers within Gaza while Arab Michiganers mourn relatives in the double digits.ย 

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

The agenda in question: Not aiding and abetting in the slaughter and torture of young children and mothers within Gaza while Arab Michiganers mourn relatives in the double digits.ย 

The more this user posts, the more I don't regret the post that caused my second month long banย :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

The more this user posts, the more I don't regret the post that caused my second month long banย :deadbanana4:

Their rhetoric is straight out of the pro-life playbook.

1 minute ago, on the line said:

Their rhetoric is straight out of the pro-life playbook.

I was referring to you, dummy. I should've clarified my post better. Communion and I are sisters.

Edited by ZeroSuitBritney
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

I was referring to you, dummy.

Lmao. Dead.

ย 

I've never noticed you before but honored to stay in your thoughts!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Harris has really run a fantastic campaign visually so far. Substance is awful but it just goes to show how stupid Americans are.ย 
ย 

"she looks presidential"

"she kept her cool"

"he took her bait"

"Does she look like a commander in chief?"

ย 

Can we start getting answers to "are you going to continue sending weapons to Israel?" "Will you commit to immigration policies that protect the rights of people under UN convention?" "Will you keep your promises this time in regard to financial support to working class?" "Why didn't Americans get loan forgiveness in the amount Biden promised?" "Why do democrats only commit to progressive policies when there's no chance of them passing congress but never when there's a trifecta?"ย 
ย 

We want to know THESE answers!ย 

You can quote me next timeย 

43 minutes ago, on the line said:

I need to read a history book to post in a thread? Apparently to that user I need to route my drafts to them and get their approval before I post.

ย 

In reality, I'm calling out this user's little tantrum because someone disagrees with them. That's all. They don't have to agree with me.

I could give you a list of users in here that deserve your ire and are applicable to the issues you have but I don't want to deal with nonsensical, hypocritical essays today. Long story short, your anger towards @Vermillionย is misguided. And take it from someone who is fed up with white leftists who put their ego above all while pretending they care about others.ย 
ย 

24 minutes ago, CamCam said:

I have no idea what will come of GA at this point, but I can only wish (and hope) that there are safeguards somewhere out there to keep the true results intact. PA being a toss-up, I get. States like NV being a toss-up, I get. But Georgia? My mind is so lost on how that will go this election.

so I guess it depends on what they mean by "local". Local election officials don't have much power when it comes to the final results, so if the votes come in that clearly show Kamala in the lead, these local leaders will have a hard time constitutionally pushing back. Plus Brian Kemp doesn't seem too keen on the idea of trying to circumvent the election. I think these people are just trying to save face.ย 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Harriser said:

I'd take Stein essays any day over edgy anti-politics nihilist takes about how every political party and candidate is trash. What's even the point of following politics if you think everyone is a disaster and there's no hope. Are we just here to moan about our collective doom then?

ย :suburban:

This tea was too hot for some people I fearย 

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.