2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

4 hours ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Can we stop with the Stein essay arguments back and forth when she's polling at 0% nearly everywhere. 

Here's the objective tea; 

Americans - it's not a new concept that most democracies have more than 2 choices. You're the only country that condemn it people voting 3rd party - ITS WEIRD.

Jill Stein fans - vote for her - it's great - but she's deeply flawed and has showcased that many times. It's obvious she's a Putin apologist, it's obvious she runs for clout rather than actually wanting to make any real change, and she's misinformed about the running of many factions of government and is being schooled on it. So please stop thinking supporting her is some kind of high morale ground. Shes a trash candidate just like Trump and Harris. 

Can we conclude on that please and focus on what's actually happening and not these hypotheticals and arguments of who is better - dems or greens. They're both ****! 

3 hours ago, Harriser said:

I'd take Stein essays any day over edgy anti-politics nihilist takes about how every political party and candidate is trash. What's even the point of following politics if you think everyone is a disaster and there's no hope. Are we just here to moan about our collective doom then?

:suburban:

If Harris loses under the popular vote margin of ~2.1 to 2.5% required for her to win the Electoral College AND loses Michigan with Stein's total being greater than the margin of loss, then all of these conversations will matter.

Because what will have ultimately cost her the entire race is Kamala's refusal for an arms embargo, because many of those same Arab-American's entire families have been slaughtered.

People don't get to frame the latter as selfish. Be honest about your vote for Kamala as one of self-preservation just like them on any number of any topics and keep it moving.

And no, for the record, none of them buy the argument of voting for Kamala then pushing her left will result in successful, material change. The difference they realize between she and Biden at this point is mostly rhetorical. Biden's been quoted in several books and interviews as (and I'm paraphrasing) believing in Israel as a necessary U.S. vassal state in the Middle East.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 48.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

17 hours ago, Jackson said:

Who do we think will be Trump's running mate for 2028? 

the only thing he'll be running is from Satan himself down in hell

16 hours ago, dabunique said:

this ******* loser is STILL making videos in his car :toofunny2:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Vermillion said:

If Harris loses under the popular vote margin of ~2.1 to 2.5% required for her to win the Electoral College AND loses Michigan with Stein's total being greater than the margin of loss, then all of these conversations will matter.

Because what will have ultimately cost her the entire race is Kamala's refusal for an arms embargo, because many of those same Arab-American's entire families have been slaughtered.

People don't get to frame the latter as selfish. Be honest about your vote for Kamala as one of self-preservation just like them on any number of any topics and keep it moving.

And no, for the record, none of them buy the argument of voting for Kamala then pushing her left will result in successful, material change. The difference they realize between she and Biden at this point is mostly rhetorical. Biden's been quoted in several books and interviews as (and I'm paraphrasing) believing in Israel as a necessary U.S. vassal state in the Middle East.

I'm sorry, but there is no way you can convince me this election is going to come down to Michigan and Palestine. This is such unwarranted fear mongering. There are going to be plenty of close states, but some of y'all in this forum keep pressing this agenda when current polling isn't reflecting it. Like, at all. 

• Like 12

I will say the Harriz/Walz campaign is pumping out those television ads. I saw 3 last night watching Dancing With the Stars. I haven't seen one Trump commercial. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, on the line said:

I'm sorry, but there is no way you can convince me this election is going to come down to Michigan and Palestine. This is such unwarranted fear mongering. There are going to be plenty of close states, but some of y'all in this forum keep pressing this agenda when current polling isn't reflecting it. Like, at all. 

The current polling has Palestine towards the bottom of national top 10 lists but that's not the point.

In an Electoral College system, Kamala has to make up for that demographic of the Arab-American diaspora that she's losing in the Upper Midwest, and the stats are showing that lingering Dobbs referendums and anger (for say, white women), and increased turnout from black women and Latinos flipping for Kamala's candidacy in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania may still not be enough to do it, even after flipping on fracking and constantly visiting North Carolina, Georgia, etc.

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, dabunique said:

interesting that those making over 100k prefer Harris over Trump (57% to 42%). while those making less than 50k prefer Trump to Harris (48% to 42%) . I would have thought the opposite.

https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/econTabReport_dUFR0mV.pdf

Edited by Pikachoo

The gaslighting here that the Upper Midwest simply doesn't matter anymore in our Electoral College system is wild to me.

That tens of thousands of Arab-American votes that went for Biden in 2020 in those exact states are simply dropping off is being waved away here as if it's nothing and she's already made up the ground elsewhere.

Where are the numbers to indicate she'll make up the difference or already has? Or that making up for that loss outside the Upper Midwest will work?

Above the 2.1 threshold outside the margin of error and with battleground state polls only, not national. 

If it exists, where is the data to indicate that that will hold until November?

Where is the data to indicate that moderates will make up the difference as opposed to telling posters one thing and actually voting a different way just like the shy Trumpsters in 2016?

Where is the data to indicate that lingering Dobbs referendums will transfer over to the Democratic candidates in question as opposed to ticket splitting?

Where is the data to indicate that Kamala's flip-flopping on fracking in Pennsylvania will actually work on blue-collar white men?

I'm sick of the gaslighting here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Vermillion said:

The gaslighting here that the Upper Midwest simply doesn't matter anymore in our Electoral College system is wild to me.

That tens of thousands of Arab-American votes that went for Biden in 2020 in those exact states are simply dropping off is being waved away here as if it's nothing and she's already made up the ground elsewhere.

Where are the numbers to indicate she'll make up the difference or already has? Or that making up for that loss outside the Upper Midwest will work?

Above the 2.1 threshold outside the margin of error and with battleground state polls only, not national. 

if it exists, where is the data to indicate that that will hold until November?

Where is the data to indicate that moderates will make up the difference as opposed to telling posters one thing and actually voting a different way just like the shy Trumpsters in 2016?

Where is the data to indicate that lingering Dobbs referendums will transfer over to the Democratic candidates in question as opposed to ticket splitting?

Where is the data to indicate that Kamala's flip-flopping on fracking in Pennsylvania will actually work on blue-collar white men?

I'm sick of the gaslighting here.

We are sick of the gaslighting too, sis. You're trying to wish cast your agenda into existence. It comes off as you're hoping Harris loses simply for your ego.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, on the line said:

We are sick of the gaslighting too, sis. You're trying to wish cast your agenda into existence. It comes off as you're hoping Harris loses simply for your ego.

Your gross framing is so transparent.

I established two weeks ago per the exact quote from her security advisor that the arms embargo wasn't happening and have been wondering here for weeks if you've followed any of my posts how she's going to make up the difference in the upper Midwest with the Arab American diaspora that's dropping off and not coming back.

Are you going to blame the Arab-American voters for not voting for her because that's the next logical step of your argument.

I can't stand either Kamala or Jill for very different reasons as I've stated repeatedly on this thread for years, but you just showed up and act like you own the place apparently.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

interesting that those making over 100k prefer Harris over Trump (57% to 42%). while those making less than 50k prefer Trump to Harris (48% to 42%) . I would have thought the opposite.

https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/econTabReport_dUFR0mV.pdf

This is expected. Salary and higher education tend to go hand in hand and Dems always do better with the college educated.

35 minutes ago, on the line said:

:deadbanana: Girl, you don't know @Vermillion and their history in this thread at all. 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Vermillion said:

Your gross framing is so transparent.

I established two weeks ago per the exact quote from her security advisor that the arms embargo wasn't happening and have been wondering here for weeks if you've followed any of my posts how she's going to make up the difference in the upper Midwest with the Arab American diaspora that's dropping off and not coming back.

Are you going to blame the Arab-American voters for not voting for her because that's the next logical step of your argument.

I can't stand either Kamala or Jill for very different reasons as I've stated repeatedly on this thread for years, but you just showed up and act like you own the place apparently.

Yikes. So this is about your ego. My apologies for posting my thoughts on a public forum in your thread. 

• Thumbs Down 5

6 minutes ago, Sannie said:

:deadbanana: Girl, you don't know @Vermillion and their history in this thread at all. 

I need to read a history book to post in a thread? Apparently to that user I need to route my drafts to them and get their approval before I post.

In reality, I'm calling out this user's little tantrum because someone disagrees with them. That's all. They don't have to agree with me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.