2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

• Replies 48.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

13 minutes ago, Communion said:

It was funny to see Mehdi Hassan suddenly feel he has a duty as a journalist on demanding to know the exact nuances of if Jill Stein condemned Assad thoroughly enough to have supported non-interventionism *re-reads* nearly 10 years ago while the elephant in the room hung over everyone's head that Kamala Harris is never going to sit down for an interview with Mehdi specifically because he's a brown Muslim who would ask her about the genocide she's endorsing.Β 

Β 

In fact, she's not gonna give an interview to anyone who would ever even think to ask such a question.Β 

Β 

Is someone gonna ask Kamala Harris if Netanyahu is a war criminal? Hmm..

I'm very interested in seeing her scramble to give an answer to that question, but yeah she's never letting it happen :laugh:Β 

Β 

Even Pelosi has been "critical" of him several times. The bar is under the floor and Kamala still manages to squeeze under it every time :laugh:Β 

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, GhostBox said:

Β 

Still eating at him a week later. :ahh:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

"Now an NBC poll only of Gen Z voters. They find young women are +30 Harris and young men are +4 Harris. So, a bigger gender gap than YouGov or Pew, but young men still aren't pro-Trump."

Β 

Hmmmmmm

14 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Still eating at him a week later. :ahh:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

"Now an NBC poll only of Gen Z voters. They find young women are +30 Harris and young men are +4 Harris. So, a bigger gender gap than YouGov or Pew, but young men still aren't pro-Trump."

Β 

Hmmmmmm

Basically my projection

White Young Men 7.3MΒ 
3.8M Trump 52%
3.29M Kamala 45%

Latino Young Men - 2.4MΒ 
1.44M KamalaΒ 60%
900k Trump 37.5%

Black Young Men 1.35M
1.15M Kamala 85%
160k Trump 12%

Other Young Men 960k
625k Kamala 65%
320k Trump 33%

Overall 54% Kamala

Β 

Β 

Young Women being +30 would be a amazing margin:deadbanana2:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vermillion said:

I have a headache with the Stein discussions going on here.

Β 

I don't personally think the Syria and Ukrainian comparisons are helpful, but since we're speaking in hypotheticals, maybe wait until Kamala loses Michigan with Stein's numbers greater than the percentage of her loss just like Hillary and then have these conversations?Β 

Sis, I am also still curious who this is exactly addressing and I could be genuinely misreading who this is directed at.

Β 

But only one set of people are comparing Syria and Ukraine, oddly still re-litigating America's foreign policy from a decade ago. I'm not shocked that my question as to what genocide happened in Syria went unanswered, but I also don't expect largely uninformed normie Dem voters like @SannieΒ - who has also defended Israel's genocide as Hamas' fault - to understand decades of American foreign policy. I'm sure they saw it on some former-Republican, now-Dem social influencer calling Jill Stein somehow an Assad supporter and went "ah, something negative about someone I hate, very convenient!".Β 

Β 

Most leftists are at least aware - even if not understanding - of the reality that foreign policy rarely impacts Americans' electoral decisions (this is by design of the imperial core).

Β 

But to then see normie libs attempt to navigate foreign policy *explicitly* for the intent of genocide denial and defending Kamala Harris out of a parasocial relationship (she's no one's bestie, she's no one's auntie, she's soon to be the most powerful person in the world endorsing slaughtering children) is.... jarring. Because even the attempted gotchas show an inherent hypocrisy that believes Palestinians deserve to be killed.

Β 

Genocide isn't a synonym for violent war. Something can be a war crime and not genocide. Experts on genocide have never pondered if the Syrian civil war was a genocide because pro-Assad and anti-Assad forces were largely religiously and ethnically diverse. He can be an authoritarian and commit war crimes *and* it not be genocide.

Β 

But then that's the point. Assad's clear goal was to hold onto political power, not wipe out entire populations. Liberals are now arguing this situation though demanded regime change and anyone who disagreed must now be witch-hunted down (apparently not though Obama whose entire policy is what we're discussing & apparently condemning).

Β 

Putin's a much easier and clearer case following Russia's actions in the last 3 years within Ukraine. Stein herself says the invasion of Ukraine is a clear war crime.

Β 

So liberal demands to regime change Assad and Putin show that they understand non-genocidal war crimes and genocidal war crimes demandΒ  US intervention.

Β 

...but Netanyahu get to remain in power? Huh? Jill Stein is still answering for why she disagreed that the US can install a new president of Syria yet both Biden and Harris are actively running defense for an Israel government + society where mass slaughter *and* mass rape against Palestinians have been normalized? Where is the call to remove Bibi?

Β 

Support for the Zionist entity is so strong within the West that not even Stein speaks of de-colonization and eradicating the Zionist regime. She doesn't speak of using the power of the American military to dissolve the illegal ethno-state's borders and free Palestinians. She simply calls for America to remove itself from active participation of genocide.

Β 

Still want anyone who earnestly identifies as a liberal and Democrat to explain to me how they found themselves with McCain's foreign policy platform. Like the American liberal claim to peace and human rights is eroding in commitment to an ethno-state now mass bombing fruit markets & grocery stores:

Β 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Β 

Ok Ok! Ok ok ok! Here we go...

why even poll Stein's favorabilities, she's literally nothing in this raceΒ Β :dies:

Edited by WildAmerican
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Harris has really run a fantastic campaign visually so far. Substance is awful but it just goes to show how stupid Americans are.Β 
Β 

"she looks presidential"

"she kept her cool"

"he took her bait"

"Does she look like a commander in chief?"

Β 

Can we start getting answers to "are you going to continue sending weapons to Israel?" "Will you commit to immigration policies that protect the rights of people under UN convention?" "Will you keep your promises this time in regard to financial support to working class?" "Why didn't Americans get loan forgiveness in the amount Biden promised?" "Why do democrats only commit to progressive policies when there's no chance of them passing congress but never when there's a trifecta?"Β 
Β 

We want to know THESE answers!Β 

Not everyone voting for Kamala is a far left liberal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Not everyone voting for Kamala is a far left liberal

We know.

Β 

Β 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Β 

Ok Ok! Ok ok ok! Here we go...

B...bbb...bbbut muh Jill Stein is perfect and does no wrong. How could this be?!

Β 

If the Greens/third party voters knew what was best for them (they don't), they'd drop this woman like we dropped Biden.Β 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, FameFatale said:

:deadbanana2:

Β 

Β 

Trumpers were saying that Kamala only has canned answers in her interview when Trump only has one or two terrible policies that he keeps repeating

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

:deadbanana2:

Β 

Β 

He and his MAGAts thinking that imposing tariffs on other countries means companies from those countries will just eat the cost so that Americans can have cheaper goods. :rip:Β 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Β 

Does anyone know if this guy has a proven track record? Did he predict Trump's 2016 win and Biden's closer 2020 margin than the polls predicted? I can't tell if I should be excited by his positive updates or if this is all just hopium :toofunny2:

4 minutes ago, shelven said:

Does anyone know if this guy has a proven track record? Did he predict Trump's 2016 win and Biden's closer 2020 margin than the polls predicted? I can't tell if I should be excited by his positive updates or if this is all just hopium :toofunny2:

He's not a pollster or predictor, he just has his ear to the ground, is a data analyst, and works in the PA election field. He's a good resource and one of the few sole PA experts. I would trust what he says, but not put all of my eggs into his basket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.