2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

1 hour ago, i spit on haters said:

Every Trump assassination attempt keeps being averted. Damn it. All we need is one good shot.ย :jonny5:

Would it be in poor taste to say third time's the charm?

ย 

Spoiler

If anyone from the government reads this, I'm just kidding! This is a joke! I don't support political violence!

ย 

• Haha 6

Wasn't some guy arrested in NC or Georgia last month for threatening Harris?

• Thanks 1

Wasn't some guy arrested in NC or Georgia last month for threatening Harris?

the fact that Elon Musk is the CEO of companies that regularly handle extremely classified information and equipment for the Department of Defense, the National Security Agency and the National Reconnaissance Office is WILD to me. Not to mention NASA.

ย 

how have the government contracts not been revoked in the name of national security? HELLO?

ย 

ย 

GXKNToIXYAAeaiv?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

the fact that Elon Musk is the CEO of companies that regularly handle extremely classified information and equipment for the Department of Defense, the National Security Agency and the National Reconnaissance Office is WILD to me. Not to mention NASA.

ย 

how have the government contracts not been revoked in the name of national security? HELLO?

ย 

ย 

Unfortunately, the US gov't is in too deep to rip up his contracts. We use so much of his tech that we wouldn't be able to replace all of it with another company's tech for years. :( The gov't could, however, ask the CIA to take care of their li'l Elon problem.ย :eli:

7 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

ย 

how have the government contracts not been revoked? HELLO?

ย 

ย 

The fact that one party and its supportersย repeatedlyย call for political violence (and actively celebrate the political violence that does happen, e.g. Paul Pelosi), but somehow theย otherย party is constantly the one expected to apologize for political violence. Just... please put me in a cryogenic freezer until like 2096 when either this era of politics is finally over or one of the A.I. revolution or climate change has sufficiently destroyed humanity to the point where I won't have to witness this stuff anymore :skull:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Unfortunately, the US gov't is in too deep to rip up his contracts. We use so much of his tech that we wouldn't be able to replace all of it with another company's tech for years. :( The gov't could, however, ask the CIA to take care of their li'l Elon problem.ย :eli:

the only thing they're in really deep on is the Dragon capsule, they don't have any viable alternatives for human spaceflight right now because Boeing keeps shitting the bed. that's whatever because it's unclassified civilian hardware.

ย 

but the classified DoD/NSA/NRO payloads could be launched by a whole slew of other providers that aren't controlled by an alt-right, conspiracy theorist, assassination inciting egomaniac

ย 

floreyonce-trisha-paytas-tomatoes-gif-5954100775493369650.gif

• Like 1

and yes Iย knowย SpaceX launches are cheaper than the competitors but since when has the USA ever cared about money when it comes to national security?

ย 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

:dies:

ย 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Twitter is so messyย :toofunny2:

ย 

It's giving desperate housewives plotย 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sannie said:

ย 

Not yet another TWINK trying to assassinate Trump.ย 

Why does he kinda remind me of a sub daddy I used to pnp with when I squint

ย 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, nooniebao said:

ย 

I can see that there's less and less difference between American leftists and alt-right crowds nowadays. It appears that the Dems are not the only ones swinging more right

• Thumbs Down 5

3 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

the only thing they're in really deep on is the Dragon capsule, they don't have any viable alternatives for human spaceflight right now because Boeing keeps shitting the bed. that's whatever because it's unclassified civilian hardware.

ย 

but the classified DoD/NSA/NRO payloads could be launched by a whole slew of other providers that aren't controlled by an alt-right, conspiracy theorist, assassination inciting egomaniac

ย 

It's more likely that the gov't would seize all of their operations to oust Elon from the company before revoking contracts. ย The reality is that they need SpaceX technology and the very talented people working for the company, but they do *not* need Elon. ย 
ย 

I think the alt-right will realize this eventually as well, but Elon is a legit threat to the legitimacy of any cause he is associated with. ย What he is doing with Twitter is borderline illegal in so many cases, and all he does is bring negative attention to whatever he tweets about in a form of accidental self-sabotage. ย 

3 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

ย 

ย 

It's more likely that the gov't would seize all of their operations to oust Elon from the company before revoking contracts. ย The reality is that they need SpaceX technology and the very talented people working for the company, but they do *not* need Elon. ย 
ย 

I think the alt-right will realize this eventually as well, but Elon is a legit threat to the legitimacy of any cause he is associated with. ย What he is doing with Twitter is borderline illegal in so many cases, and all he does is bring negative attention to whatever he tweets about in a form of accidental self-sabotage. ย 

10 minutes ago, Archetype said:

It's more likely that the gov't would seize all of their operations to oust Elon from the company before revoking contracts.

be serious now girl...

ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.