2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

14 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

My prediction is that she wins everything Biden won in 2020 and adds on NC. I actually think she'll win pretty comfortably and that the polls are underestimating the Trump fatigue amongst swing voters.

ย 

At the same time, I know what country I live in.ย :gaycat6:

This is my exact prediction.ย :gaycat3:
ย 

• Like 1

• Replies 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

20 minutes ago, dabunique said:

ย 

literally nothing but just pure hatred and malice that has been brought upon :(

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

My prediction is that she wins everything Biden won in 2020 and adds on NC. I actually think she'll win pretty comfortably and that the polls are underestimating the Trump fatigue amongst swing voters.

ย 

At the same time, I know what country I live in.ย :gaycat6:

These are my exact thoughts. I genuinely don't believe the race is as tight as they say and she'll win comfortably however I'm still not too optimistic because it is the US and Trump winning again would be on brandย :gaycat6:

She does come off too rehearsed at times. I picked up on this at the debate and do believe her pivoting on that economy question would've been a much bigger story if Trump hadn't imploded. She's misinterpreting the "voters don't know enough about her" stat and she needs to answer these questions more directly. She also needs to shore up that "my values haven't changed" response and add in how being VP for almost 4 years has shifted her policy views. People aren't unfamiliar with politicians "flip flopping" on positions so atleast put some substance behind it.ย 

ย 

I've said it many times in here before that once she tightens up her economic message it's over for Trump but her and her team need to do this sooner than later.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mike91 said:

ย 

Not saying the "2024 is a reverse 2016" theory is true, but if itย isย true, this would be very in line with it :eli:ย With NC taking on the role that the Rust Belt trio took on in 2016 of the swing state that the candidate who was expected to win put basically no effort into because they were cocky and assumed it would just vote the same way it has for the last decade.

I think she'll have bidens map but take away georgia (or arizona)

ย 

aneways

ย 

I truly dont think she'll lose, at worst she takes mi, wi and pa and we call it a day on everything else. But I do think neveda is a blue state :)

Edited by Lil Mistee

A reminder so that I hopefully don't wake up to a bunch of thinkpieces or meltdowns about the Selzer poll tomorrow morning: Selzer has done a great job in the final poll of Iowa that she does a week before the election, but she's been pretty bad in her polls that are conducted farther out from election day - her mid-September poll in 2020 had Biden and Trump tied but Trump ended up winning by 8 :rip:ย So please don't freak out if tomorrow's result isn't favourable (and on the flip side, don't call the election as in the big for Harris if the poll is better for her than what's expected in Iowa :toofunny2:)

ย 

Oh, no wonder he's bad at this. He's genuinely too online.

ย 

It takes a chronically online ***** to spot a chronically online *****.ย 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, dabunique said:

ย 

isnt there some sort of national protocol that stops politicians from instilling such harmful vitriol against a community of people???? like this is actually insane

22 minutes ago, dabunique said:

ย 

isnt there some sort of national protocol that stops politicians from instilling such harmful vitriol against a community of people???? like this is actually insane

46 minutes ago, Communion said:

ย 

Oh, no wonder he's bad at this. He's genuinely too online.

ย 

It takes a chronically online ***** to spot a chronically online *****.ย 

We literally have a 4chan incel running for VP alongside a walking Facebook boomer as his running mate for presidentโ€ฆ.

ย 

I can't say enough how much I hate it hereย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tiejc said:

ย 

She looks great. Refreshing to see her in something other than the traditional pantsuit

4 hours ago, tiejc said:

ย 

She looks great. Refreshing to see her in something other than the traditional pantsuit

17 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

the fact that her real name isย actually "Krystal Ball"

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

ย  Hide contents

it's givingย images.jpg

ย 

I went to a school with a girl literally named Crystal Ball lol. It's not that uncommonโ€ฆ

ย 

But crystal Methenyย :rip:ย she was set up to fail from day 1ย 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Sannie said:

The one good thing about working for a bunch of Trumper executives is that they're old fashioned in the sense that they take "titles" really seriously. My boss, who is liberal, played them and simply changed my title so I could get a $20k raise even though my job duties didn't change. :ahh:She's doing it again this year. :eli:ย 

I wish :dies:ย Our company was acquired by a bigger company recently, and they laid quite a few people off earlier this year. Then when raise time came around, they only gave us a living cost raise (3% which I think was less than the inflation rate at the time anyways nn).

ย 

I'm hoping now that the merger is almost done they'll start handing out more substantial raises next year. If not, I'll probably start searching for another job but it's so hard to give up the flexibility of my current job. I assumed since me and my friends were all having trouble with our companies withholding raises and bonuses, that was the general vibe across all workplaces but maybe not :dies:ย 

ย 

Thankfully my job pays me enough that I don't NEED a raise, but it's hard knowing we're making record profits every year and justโ€ฆ don't know where that extra profit is ending up cause they aren't hiring more people and the general consensus in my department was that no one really got a great raise.ย 

ย 

Either way, once Momala gets this economy under control, maybe the tech/digital industry as a whole will feel more confident handing out raises :bird:ย 

34 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I wish :dies:ย Our company was acquired by a bigger company recently, and they laid quite a few people off earlier this year. Then when raise time came around, they only gave us a living cost raise (3% which I think was less than the inflation rate at the time anyways nn).

ย 

I'm hoping now that the merger is almost done they'll start handing out more substantial raises next year. If not, I'll probably start searching for another job but it's so hard to give up the flexibility of my current job. I assumed since me and my friends were all having trouble with our companies withholding raises and bonuses, that was the general vibe across all workplaces but maybe not :dies:ย 

ย 

Thankfully my job pays me enough that I don't NEED a raise, but it's hard knowing we're making record profits every year and justโ€ฆ don't know where that extra profit is ending up cause they aren't hiring more people and the general consensus in my department was that no one really got a great raise.ย 

ย 

Either way, once Momala gets this economy under control, maybe the tech/digital industry as a whole will feel more confident handing out raises :bird:ย 

When she wins and the bosses at my company have a meltdown and deny everyone raises. :jonny:

ย 

I've been lucky at my job for six years now so the idea of leaving is scary, but apparently job hopping is how you get those big raises if you need. Do what's best for you, sis.

34 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

When she wins and the bosses at my company have a meltdown and deny everyone raises. :jonny:

ย 

I've been lucky at my job for six years now so the idea of leaving is scary, but apparently job hopping is how you get those big raises if you need. Do what's best for you, sis.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.