2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

• Replies 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, on the line said:

how 2016 played out?Β 

Β 

Bernie-Bro brainfried

You're out of your depth and you're embarrassing yourself. This hoity-toity, uppity liberal posturing isn't convincing to anyone. You look like a caricature right now.Β 

Β 

Your worldview has failed. Your idols have fallen. Joe Biden is pissing himself on stage. Your vision of the future ended up wrong.

• Like 5

Lost what little faith I had in this administrationΒ :ace:Β and of course their plan is to pander to the right on social/rights policies to distract. Corrupt corrupt corrupt.Β 

Β 

Edited by bunnyeyes
  • Thumbs Down 1

Some of you need to put the poppers down and remember 4 years ago trashing Kamala when she was picked to be VP and labeled her a war-criminal amongst other derogatory names. Now she's our savior?!

Β 

I want all the things you want, but I, apparently, matured enough to see things for how they are and understand how the game is played. Some of you are still stuck in your Bernie-Bro brainfried mindsets to put it politely. Giving me vibes of the free Palestine protests that recently happened where they occupied and destroyed a library for low-income university students. ******* embarrassing.

Kamala is no one's saviour. People still feel the same way about her. She's a war hawk criminal. That's still true. We still feel that way. However, the situation is SO bad right now with a demented man a year away from death that can barely put a sentence together and a fascist convicted felon, that by COMPARISON ONLY, we will hold our noses and TURN OUT for Kamala. That's how bad it's got.Β 

• Thanks 2

I'm kinda confused, Kamala is running alongside Biden as his right hand, so in any case of emergency she becomes a president. Biden is not gonna finish his second term anyway and it's her best chance to shine, since she's very unpopular among different group of voters and I simply don't see her chances on top of ticketΒ :gaycat2:Β Also, don't forget she's a woman, so it's a biggest nail in her coffin without Biden.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

Donald Trump lying isn't a new news story. We've been conditioned to accepting it as a regular thing because he's the most over exposed presidential candidate in history and he has a penchant for lying.Β 
Β 

Joe Biden struggling to form sentences after us being told he was "sharper than ever" is a news story. It's more novel to talk about. I'm happy to flame the mainstream media. But it isn't their job to prevent Trump from getting elected.Β 

Yeah I pretty much acknowledge this in the second part of my statementΒ 

Β 

2 hours ago, dman4life said:

Β I fully blame Biden and his team for this they had no business putting him out there knowing he couldn't string a sentence together. They definitely aren't ignorant to how the media works so they have nobody to blame but themselves for how the media coverage is going.Β 

It's still frustrating nonetheless but yeah can't blame the media here.Β 

38 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

I'm kinda confused, Kamala is running alongside Biden as his right hand, so in any case of emergency she becomes a president. Biden is not gonna finish his second term anyway and it's her best chance to shine, since she's very unpopular among different group of voters and I simply don't see her chances on top of ticketΒ :gaycat2:Β Also, don't forget she's a woman, so it's a biggest nail in her coffin without Biden.

What demographic of voter do you want us to even think you represent with these incongruent ramblings in defense of Dying Biden?Β 

Do you live in a swing state? Age, sex, race, income? Give us the deets cause sis it reads like you and GhostBox are posting from Biden HQ as bots.Β :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want to know would we get THIS Kamala;Β 
Β 

Β 

Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY NewsCnn Kamalagif GIF by Kamala HarrisKamala Harris Student Loan Debt GIF by Election 2020
Β 

Β 

Or Democratic shrill Kamala;Β 

Β 

Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY News
Kamala Harris Dont Come GIF by GIPHY News

Kamala Harris Vp GIF by GIPHY News

Edited by Eat The Acid
  • Like 1

If Kamala becomes the nominee and crushes Trump in a debate can you imagine all the unhinged (racist) rhetoric that would come from Trump and his surrogatesΒ :rip:

1 hour ago, Communion said:

What demographic of voter do you want us to even think you represent with these incongruent ramblings in defense of Dying Biden?Β 

Do you live in a swing state? Age, sex, race, income? Give us the deets cause sis it reads like you and GhostBox are posting from Biden HQ as bots.Β :deadbanana4:

I'm defending no one just stating the factsΒ :gaycat2:Β During 2020 primaries Kamala has like 4-4.8% of overall dems voters support, even among them she's extremely unpopularΒ :gaycat:Β Now tell me, how she's gonna convince independents and many dems voters, plus republicans that can't stand Trump to go outside and actually vote for her as top ticket??? Oh wait, she's younger, she's a woman of color ... blah blah blah it's not a strong argument for many voters including me coz I see her as a spineless clown, no lees, no moreΒ :giraffe:Β  At least Hillary is smart and strong woman with her own point of view (right or wrong, whatever), Kamala is not that type of person, she's lacking in everything, except memes:gaycat6:Β I bet, dems know damn well she will sink faster than Titanic against Trump but somehow they start feeding themselves with new delusional fantasy and blind denial.

Β 

Β 

Edited by Gottasadae

30 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

I'm defending no one just stating the factsΒ :gaycat2:Β During 2020 primaries Kamala has like 4-4.8% of overall dems voters support, even among them she's extremely unpopularΒ :gaycat:Β Now tell me, how she's gonna convince independents and many dems voters, plus republicans that can't stand Trump to go outside and actually vote for her as top ticket??? Oh wait, she's younger, she's a woman of color ... blah blah blah it's not a strong argument for many voters including me coz I see her as a spineless clown, no lees, no moreΒ :giraffe:Β  At least Hillary is smart and strong woman with her own point of view (right or wrong, whatever), Kamala is not that type of person, she's lacking in everything, except memes:gaycat6:Β I bet, dems know damn well she will sink faster than Titanic against Trump but somehow they start feeding themselves with new delusional fantasy and blind denial.

Β 

Β 

She lacked support because BERNIE SANDERS has soaked up all the young vote she was previously banking on and had shown signs of taking from Warren. :deadbanana4:

Also seems odd to erase that many Biden voters early on had Kamala as their 2nd choice. There's an argument Kamala would have done much better and maintained her initial hype if Biden didn't enter the race because they pulled from the same coalition.Β 

Β 

You're trying to argue how poorly Kamala would do in a theoretical primary but you missed that chance to prove her as a weak candidate. You people didn't want a primary.

So you coronated an incumbent who does not have the mental capabilities nor the public trust to be the nominee. Period.Β 

Β 

"I like Hillary Clinton but not Kamala" is like immediately disqualifying. No one takes your opinion seriously on if someone will lose while championing Hillary, the biggest loser of the modern political century?Β :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.