2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

Just now, Armani? said:

Didn't he just clarify he wasn't dropping out hours ago lol

Yeah at this point, he's clearly in a mentality where if he goes down, he wants to take the whole party with him. He's the epitome of egotism with a massive sense of self-importance, which is why him being profiled as a good man with a good heart has always just... disgusted me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Living To Tell said:

Β 

They legit have no other choice. If they don't back him 100%, they get kicked out of the party.

4 minutes ago, Living To Tell said:

Β 

Oh god, Biden is taking the whole party down with him. Β Biden is at this point doing more to help the republicans than the republicans!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Armani? said:

Didn't he just clarify he wasn't dropping out hours ago lol

Yes, that's the "the next few days where he pretends he's not dropping out" part of my post.

Β 

I just really don't think this issue is going away. It kind ofΒ can'tΒ because Biden literally can't get younger. We're going to keep seeing reputable polls of him being down 6 in the popular vote and he's either going to be hyper-scrutinzed for every public appearance he gives from here on out or be attacked forΒ notΒ giving enough public appearances. The pressure from the Dem party and the people around him will keep mounting.Β 

Β 

As @ZeroSuitBritneyΒ said, the wild card in this is that Biden is arrogant and egotistical and might not care about the pressure, which is why I'm only putting the odds at 70% instead of like 95%. But at this rate, things are only going to get worse for him as time passes, not better. Ultimately I think he withdraws because he's afraid of going down in history as the man who single-handedly ushered in Trump's second term when everyone was telling him to get out of the way.

I am so ready to be unburdened of the context in which the Democratic party exists.Β 

• Thanks 1

My whole issue with blaming the media for covering Biden's poor performance (instead of Trump) is that Biden and his campaign already KNOW how the media operates and how they're thirsty to create a narrative but yet they STILL decided to send Biden on that debate stage knowing his shortcomings. The media is problematic asf and clearly complacent with another Trump presidency but you truly can't blame this news cycle solely on them.Β 

@Underclass KingΒ are you going to contribute anything to this thread or are you just going to hop in here throughout the day to thumbs members you don't agree with because their posts have a speck of Biden criticism?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

CNN, MSNBC, NY Times and all these public figures saying Biden should resign….

Please tell me how tf do they think if Biden resigns that whoever is his replacement is gonna make such a huge impression to the nation in under 4 months that everybody is gonna vote for the new candidate.Β 

All this bs fearmongering is just gonna make Trump win evenΒ more and make even democrats who are planning to vote for Biden either go red or just not vote at all.

Ffs Reagan was basically a corpse during his 2nd term with his Alzheimer's.

We all know Biden shouldn't have run a 2nd term but it is what it is. I don't want Trump to win again.

Vote blue.

• Like 1

Also anyone doubting Kamala's electability are severely underestimating the voters that want NEITHER Trump nor Biden at this point. She'll get votes by default just for being a younger candidate. Not saying she'll win at all but we shouldn't underestimate the part of the electorate who just simply want someone different, irregardless of party and policy.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dman4life said:

Also anyone doubting Kamala's electability are severely underestimating the voters that want NEITHER Trump nor Biden at this point. She'll get votes by default just for being a younger candidate. Not saying she'll win at all but we shouldn't underestimate the part of the electorate who just simply want someone different, irregardless of party and policy.Β 

How is she different if she's serving as his right hand almost for 4 years:gaycat6:Β In any case, she can replace Biden anytime if he got re-elected, so what's the problem? We are voting not only for Biden himself but also Kamala as a full packageΒ :gaycat2:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, on the line said:

It's the user's overall tone and rhetoric that actually did it for me. I have/had? a friend who similarly got radicalized by a girlfriend.Β 

Again, claiming someone is radicalized means nothing and serves as an empty dog whistle when not acknowledging the views held are no different (and probably more sympathetic) than the very views Biden held for decades about those with drug addiction. Referring to people as extremists and radical as snarl terms doesn't do anything. It is clear to most people to be a liberal attempt to silence dissenting voices.

Β 

Biden's brain just leaked out his ear on live TV. Anyone who defended the establishment, liberal norms, status quo, etc. has inherently lost all credibility and has really no room to grandstand or talk down to anyone.

Β 

Like this you were saying this a few months:

Β 

You ended up being wrong! I don't know how other ways to say it! Take it on the chin like a champ and maybe start listening to the radicals you're talking down to.

2 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

How is she different if she's serving as his right hand almost for 4 years:gaycat6:Β In any case, she can replace Biden anytime if he got re-elected, so what's the problem? We are voting not only for Biden himself but also Kamala as a full packageΒ :gaycat2:

You're voting for an Alzheimer's patient who barely knows who he his and can barely speak in full sentences when not aided by a teleprompter. That's hardly a full package so much as it is an Empty Box.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

Then put Kamala at the top of the ticket. Β This is not going to get better for Biden. Β Democrats don't even want him. Β How the heII are they going to get people outside the party.Β 

5 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

Umm the difference is not having Biden on the ticket at allΒ :psyduck:

18 minutes ago, dman4life said:

For an example, my mom, a centrist leaning suburban voter in WI thinks both parties have not listened to voters and has decided to sit out the presidential election. Β She has specifically said that she would vote for the Democratic Biden replacement for the sole reason that it would show they at least listened to voters.Β 

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

You're voting for an Alzheimer's patient who barely knows who he his and can barely speak in full sentences when not aided by a teleprompter. That's hardly a full package so much as it is an Empty Box.

Yes, and? I better vote for Alzheimer, bed bound Biden thanΒ schizophrenic con artist, convicted felon, pedophile, self-proclaimed king… that suffering from constant delusion and lying effectΒ :gaycat2:

4 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Do people seriously think this guy is the strongest candidate? Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm not defending at all but you need to watch Reagan's last debates, where he looked much worse than Biden and he already suffered Alzheimer.

1 minute ago, Gottasadae said:

I'm not defending at all but you need to watch Reagan's last debates, where he looked much worse than Biden and he already suffered Alzheimer.

Imagine what that says about the Democrats who went up against him and flopped. They nominated MONDALE after his running-mate got trounced, and Mondale was basically a Joe Biden-type DemΒ :deadbanana2:Β 

2 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

Reagan also had ~60% approval rating. Β Biden currently has the lowest of an incumbent president. Β 
Β 

My point in brining this up is Reagan was popular. Biden needs to actually go out and campaign and make up ground. I don't see how the man in that clip will be capable of inspiring people to him. Β 

25 minutes ago, dman4life said:

People always say that but then I bet they'll still be like when it was Trump vs Hillary... "I don't really like her" "I don't trust her". Her record in politics and campaigning history is not great.

• Like 1

Β 

Β 

On the other hand, scarcity and shielding him from the public may be what's keeping him sliding out of margin of error in the now-swing states of New Hampshire, New Mexico and Colorado :michael:Β 

42 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Please tell me how tf do they think if Biden resigns that whoever is his replacement is gonna make such a huge impression to the nation in under 4 months that everybody is gonna vote for the new candidate.Β 

All this bs fearmongering is just gonna make Trump win evenΒ more and make even democrats who are planning to vote for Biden either go red or just not vote at all.

Ffs Reagan was basically a corpse during his 2nd term with his Alzheimer's.

We all know Biden shouldn't have run a 2nd term but it is what it is. I don't want Trump to win again.

Vote blue.

We don't know if a replacement will beat Trump, but Biden can't really expand his coalition at all. He can't even communicate atp, and wouldn't you rather take the risk of a new candidate than continue on Biden's sinking ship?Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.