2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

6 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

Dude is surrounded by hundred of advisors, analytics, plus campaign staff and management...

He is surrounded by his administrative staff and campaign all working for him. ย He does not have an objective voice in his ear. ย 
ย 

We have had reports, polls, articles, etc for YEARS now that the American people do not want him to run and he refuses. ย 

• Like 6

• Replies 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gottasadae said:

Do you actually believe in all of thisย :giraffe:ย Dude is surrounded by hundred of advisors, analytics, plus campaign staff and management... if they keep him in this race it's only means that Kamala is even weaker option with no chance to pull a victoryย :gaycat2:ย I can't stand Kamala but either way - I will vote for her, just not to give Trump my vote staying home or choosing third party. Same with Biden, if dude stays, you have two option - vote for him and at least keep everything as it is now or not vote and give Trump his second term with incoming chaos. It's basically a dead end with consequences.ย 

He's surrounded by hundreds of advisors and campaign staffโ€ฆnone of whom were able to prevent him from bombing the debate and drastically decreasing the already slim odds that he could win in November. Hillary was also surrounded by hundreds of advisors and campaign managers in 2016, yet they all ignored the pleas to drastically increase campaigning in the rust belt. Remind me, how did that turn out again?ย 
ย 

Due to the electoral college, Trump wins my state no matter what I do. I can vote for Biden, Kamala, Mickey Mouse, write myself in, it doesn't matter. The electoral college has shown that my vote doesn't matter. That wouldn't be the case if I lived in a blue or swing state. But it is. We need a candidate that win the swing states. Biden cannot. Polling is showing that Biden cannot. And @byzantiumย (who I'm presuming is in WI based on their previous post) is showing anecdotally that Biden tanked whatever chance he had to win with that debate performance. We need him to do the right thing now more than ever. We cannot have another RBG.ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

I mean, let's be realistic here, those reports is worth nothing, especially when it coming from media that keep brainwashing ppl into Trump victory. Same way like they brainwashed Hillary into believing that she has everything in a bagย :gaycat2:

How is this any different from MAGA talking about fake news media?

• Like 3

I thinkย the Black vote will end up doing the same margins as in 2020 for Biden & Trump. The turnout will probably be horrible though.

ย 

I'm now seeing a lot of Project 2025 talk in my social feed, onย BET with Taraji and now on the shaderoom in response to Waka Flaka (which is surprising considering it's the most criticism I see of Biden & some support of Trump in any of the large Black spaces)

2 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

BlueMAGA has convinced themselves that Biden can still win.ย 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

I'm not saying that all of this a fake news but it's a complete disaster of how media is controlling ppl minds. They're doing a lot of damage because of ratings and moneyย :gaycat2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Joe Biden's closest advisor and confidant is his literal crackhead failson who should be rotting in jail.

ย 

Tbh, Biden seeking advice from Hunter is imminently more disqualifying than Trump's listening to Jared and Ivanka.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

7 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

He's surrounded by hundreds of advisors and campaign staffโ€ฆnone of whom were able to prevent him from bombing the debate and drastically decreasing the already slim odds that he could win in November. Hillary was also surrounded by hundreds of advisors and campaign managers in 2016, yet they all ignored the pleas to drastically increase campaigning in the rust belt. Remind me, how did that turn out again?ย 
ย 

Due to the electoral college, Trump wins my state no matter what I do. I can vote for Biden, Kamala, Mickey Mouse, write myself in, it doesn't matter. The electoral college has shown that my vote doesn't matter. That wouldn't be the case if I lived in a blue or swing state. But it is. We need a candidate that win the swing states. Biden cannot. Polling is showing that Biden cannot. And @byzantiumย (who I'm presuming is in WI based on their previous post) is showing anecdotally that Biden tanked whatever chance he had to win with that debate performance. We need him to do the right thing now more than ever. We cannot have another RBG.ย 

I'm living in a blue state but I still will use my vote no matter what just to support a right thing in current situation, even if this election decided by 3 swing states. Biden presidencyย didn't live up to my expectations but at least he's a better presidential material than Trump by milesย :gaycat2:

• Like 1

Absolutely wild that we have allowed brazen domestic terrorists to explicitly threaten half of the country, and it's barely even a headline in the media.

I am strongly considering arming myself now that ethical, moral society is apparently a thing of the past.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 4

ย 

the same for "Biden should do an interview"ย 

ย 

toย 

ย 

"Biden should do a 2 hour press conference and 20 live sit down interviews"

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

the media wants Trump. That's all there is to it. He brings them ratingsย 

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

the same for "Biden should do an interview"ย 

ย 

toย 

ย 

"Biden should do a 2 hour press conference and 20 live sit down interviews"

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

the media wants Trump. That's all there is to it. He brings them ratingsย 

The reason an interview isn't enough is because the Stephanopoulos interview isn't going to be live. It'll be heavily and deceptively edited to make him look competent and it will be absolutely be a full softball setting due to it being conducted by Bill Clinton's former Communications Director.

ย 

It'll probably be enough to get House members to stop calling for his resignation, because that's what it's meant to do, especially the cherry-picked clip they show on Friday.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The reason an interview isn't enough is because the Stephanopoulos interview isn't going to be live. It'll be heavily and deceptively edited to make him look competent and it will be absolutely be a full softball setting due to it being conducted by Bill Clinton's former Communications Director.

ย 

It'll probably be enough to get House members to stop calling for his resignation, because that's what it's meant to do, especially the cherry-picked clip they show on Friday.

Did the media call on Trump to give any legitimate interviews or press conferences when he was found to be a convicted felon? Or when he was found guilty of sexual assault? ย Or hell even to show he hasnt completely lost it mentally ย (which we all know he has as Well)?ย 
ย 

no.

ย 

did anyone put in their newspaper that he should step aside ย after becoming a convicted felon? Or after he still wouldn't tell the truth about Jan 6th?ย 
ย 

no

ย 

and that's the double standards of our media. and why is that?

ย 

again they not only want Trump they NEED Trump.ย 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Like 1

Beshear Whitmer is the best ticket imo. But Fire Marshall Bill wont step aside. I've gone from disliking him as a president to downright fury towards him. He needs to drop out NOW.ย 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Did the media call on Trump to give any legitimate interviews or press conferences when he was found to be a convicted felon? Or when he was found guilty of sexual assault? ย Or hell even to show he hasnt completely lost it mentally ย (which we all know he has as Well)?ย 
ย 

no.

ย 

did anyone put in their newspaper that he should step aside ย after becoming a convicted felon? Or after he still wouldn't tell the truth about Jan 6th?ย 
ย 

no

ย 

and that's the double standards of our media. and why is that?

ย 

again they not only want Trump they NEED Trump.ย 

Joe Biden's clearly evident dementia is being viewed by the vast majority of the country as a greater threat than Trump's promises of dictatorship. You can disagree with that all you won't but that won't change any of the reality on the ground that you are so keen to deny.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Joe Biden's clearly evident dementia is being viewed by the vast majority of the country as a greater threat than Trump's promises of dictatorship. You can disagree with that all you won't but that won't change any of the reality on the ground that you are so keen to deny.

Wow, it's as if the media constantly focusing on one candidates flaws 24/7 leads the public to care about this instead of the other guys even more dangerous flaws.ย 
ย 

Literally the media spent 1-2 days max talking about trump being a convicted felon and moved on.ย 
ย 

they spent 1 day talking about the Supreme Court bending the countries knee to King Trump. And then moved on.ย 
ย 

they barely spent a day talking about Trumps sexual assault case. Then moved on.ย 
ย 

democrats do not get that treatment. Never have never will.ย 
ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Wow, it's as if the media constantly focusing on one candidates flaws 24/7 leads the public to care about this instead of the other guys even more dangerous flaws.ย 
ย 

Literally the media spent 1-2 days max talking about trump being a convicted felon and moved on.ย 
ย 

they spent 1 day talking about the Supreme Court bending the countries knee to King Trump. And then moved on.ย 
ย 

they barely spent a day talking about Trumps sexual assault case. Then moved on.ย 
ย 

democrats do not get that treatment. Never have never will.ย 
ย 

ย 

Stop making excuses and blaming the media. We got the candidate the media wanted in 2020 and you all were jubilant at the utter defeat and humiliation of the Bernie Bros who were smeared by every facet of the mainstream media as white loser incels and Nazi brownshirts that were performing the bidding of Russia for the crime of not being 100% behind an establishment Democrat Party candidate. Now that the media is looking out for their financial interests, this is a shock to you???

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

That corrupt media really highlighting their flaws byโ€ฆ

ย 

*checks notes*
ย 

Airing a debate liveโ€ฆ.

ย 

ย 

You need to get your head out of the sand and stop acting like the American people do not have issues with Biden's competency.
ย 

ย 

ย Maybe instead of asking the "Media(tm)" to highlight Trump's flaws, ask why the Dems are not running a candidate that higjlight's trump's flaws.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Joe Biden's closest advisor and confidant is his literal crackhead failson who should be rotting in jail.

ย 

Tbh, Biden seeking advice from Hunter is imminently more disqualifying than Trump's listening to Jared and Ivanka.

When the far left blends itself into the far right. Yikes.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

14 minutes ago, byzantium said:

That corrupt media really highlighting their flaws byโ€ฆ

ย 

*checks notes*
ย 

Airing a debate liveโ€ฆ.

ย 

ย 

You need to get your head out of the sand and stop acting like the American people do not have issues with Biden's competency.
ย 

ย 

ย Maybe instead of asking the "Media(tm)" to highlight Trump's flaws, ask why the Dems are not running a candidate that higjlight's trump's flaws.ย 

Never said the American people don't. Theh do and They also care about trumps competency.ย 
ย 

But there only one the media focuses on 24/7 and magnifies ๐Ÿคท

ย 

Biden showed his in one debate. Trump has shown his every rally he holds. And crickets. ๐Ÿฆ—ย 

ย 

ย 

13 minutes ago, on the line said:

When the far left blends itself into the far right. Yikes.

It's right wing to call Joe Biden's grotesque failure of an offspring a crackhead? I assure you, I've said much worse about Joe Biden himself. Namely that I agree with Miss Ethel Cain, and we'd be better off with Biden rotting in a hearse.

• Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Never said the American people don't. Theh do and They also care about trumps competency.ย 
ย 

But there only one the media focuses on 24/7 and magnifies ๐Ÿคท

ย 

Biden showed his in one debate. Trump has shown his every rally he holds. And crickets. ๐Ÿฆ—ย 

ย 

ย 

That's just not true. ย "The Media" covered Trump's criminal case significantly.ย 

Seeing the trumpers basically say its over and trumps already won is exactly how I want them to believe ๐Ÿซก

ย 

heck don't even bother voting trumpers. Its over already ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.