Jump to content

Video Games you played recently


Ghibli

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • FailSafe

    14

  • Rigalo

    11

  • TimeAmpala

    9

  • Death

    8

Been playing A Plague Tale Requiem since yesterday and whew :ghostface: I loved the first but this one is way better. Queen Amicia is a bad *****!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Quarry is possibly the worst game of the year. the amount of bugs, lazy writing and awful character development. and let me not get into that unfinished, anticlimactic ending. :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I deeply apologize if this is not the right thread, but I feel like opening a separate thread might not be warranted.

Can someone recommend me a RPG style, SINGLE PLAYER video game in the veins of the following: The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Dragon Age Inquisition / the 2 Horizon games?

I like a cute story, pretty graphics, fantasy and/or technological elements and I don't want to die 30 times in a row (I play videogames casually). I own a PS4 and have a pretty good laptop to game on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just finished Mafia: Definitive Edition and now I’m playing Mafia 3 

Edited by RedCarpet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 7:54 AM, Death said:

Been playing A Plague Tale Requiem since yesterday and whew :ghostface: I loved the first but this one is way better. Queen Amicia is a bad *****!

Oh shittttttt I forgot that came out, need to play it 

 

 

have been going back to horizon forbidden west and WOW what an absorbing chefs kiss world. I honestly could 

Spoiler

Fly

Around the world for hours. Amazing. Almost done. ??

Edited by Massive_Teardrop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing a few games atm, most of which I record for my youtube :alexz3:

 

Got back into Dead Space after a few years of not playing it, started playing SOMA for the first time, and doing a run through Wolfenstein: The Old Blood :celestial:

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know this is about currently released games but I couldn't find any better a thread for it and I wanted the girls to know. 

 

I've been hard at work on a pitch for a video game since November 2021 and things are really falling into place now. I've been building out a big expansive world inspired by contemporary fantasy/sci-fi like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Gladiator and Dune, as well as the narrative driven action/adventure games like God of War, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy, etc. Been doing concept art, story, lore, gameplay features, music, etc.

 

It is a 3rd person action adventure game with the tentative name "Sacred Sun: Rebirth". The first of 3 parts. I have a small team right now but we are all super passionate about the vision and want to make this happen. It will be years until it releases (if it releases) but I just thought I'd tell ya'll about it because I'm hyped. It's pretty awesome so far :katie2:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently playing Horizon Forbidden West, loving the game so far, but I went to the official wiki to look up Machine Strike to see how many challenges there were and if I get anything for completing it and the ******* wiki posts a major story spoiler casually in the article, no warning and the ******* mini game has no relation to the major story, just puts it out there that XXX character dies. I am FUMING. And I don't get a legendary weapon for completing this waste of time mini game

 

jeonqmi-blonde.gif

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2022 at 10:26 PM, BNF91 said:

I know this is about currently released games but I couldn't find any better a thread for it and I wanted the girls to know. 

 

I've been hard at work on a pitch for a video game since November 2021 and things are really falling into place now. I've been building out a big expansive world inspired by contemporary fantasy/sci-fi like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Gladiator and Dune, as well as the narrative driven action/adventure games like God of War, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy, etc. Been doing concept art, story, lore, gameplay features, music, etc.

 

It is a 3rd person action adventure game with the tentative name "Sacred Sun: Rebirth". The first of 3 parts. I have a small team right now but we are all super passionate about the vision and want to make this happen. It will be years until it releases (if it releases) but I just thought I'd tell ya'll about it because I'm hyped. It's pretty awesome so far :katie2:

 

is it in development? 

 

cool that you know how to code and make video games -- very impressive. What engine do you use? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2022 at 2:26 AM, BNF91 said:

I know this is about currently released games but I couldn't find any better a thread for it and I wanted the girls to know. 

 

I've been hard at work on a pitch for a video game since November 2021 and things are really falling into place now. I've been building out a big expansive world inspired by contemporary fantasy/sci-fi like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Gladiator and Dune, as well as the narrative driven action/adventure games like God of War, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy, etc. Been doing concept art, story, lore, gameplay features, music, etc.

 

It is a 3rd person action adventure game with the tentative name "Sacred Sun: Rebirth". The first of 3 parts. I have a small team right now but we are all super passionate about the vision and want to make this happen. It will be years until it releases (if it releases) but I just thought I'd tell ya'll about it because I'm hyped. It's pretty awesome so far :katie2:

 

congrats :clap3: hope everything goes well!

 

-

had a lot of fun with Ghost of Tsushima :cool: the world was beautiful too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bf is going through gta games currently on 4 we stan nico 

 

I'm still working through Assassin's creed franchise i'm on rogue weird feelings i feel like it's my fave game out of them all but i keep delaying going back to play it i think i've just passed the halfway point lmao but i'm a collectible type of person so that's why it's dragging and that franchise is kinda known for lobbing in too many collectibles 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Demon's Souls and I fkn regret it, how many times I died, how many times I will die :skull::deadbanana:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2022 at 7:26 AM, BNF91 said:

I know this is about currently released games but I couldn't find any better a thread for it and I wanted the girls to know. 

 

I've been hard at work on a pitch for a video game since November 2021 and things are really falling into place now. I've been building out a big expansive world inspired by contemporary fantasy/sci-fi like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Gladiator and Dune, as well as the narrative driven action/adventure games like God of War, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy, etc. Been doing concept art, story, lore, gameplay features, music, etc.

 

It is a 3rd person action adventure game with the tentative name "Sacred Sun: Rebirth". The first of 3 parts. I have a small team right now but we are all super passionate about the vision and want to make this happen. It will be years until it releases (if it releases) but I just thought I'd tell ya'll about it because I'm hyped. It's pretty awesome so far :katie2:

 

don't start a comment assuming no one will care... we will!!! do you have a twitter account where you post progress updates?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2022 at 9:17 PM, jacklovesyou1 said:

Bf is going through gta games currently on 4 we stan nico 

 

I'm still working through Assassin's creed franchise i'm on rogue weird feelings i feel like it's my fave game out of them all but i keep delaying going back to play it i think i've just passed the halfway point lmao but i'm a collectible type of person so that's why it's dragging and that franchise is kinda known for lobbing in too many collectibles 

you're just fatigued. I remember completing the entire hitman WoA trilogy in like 10 hours even though there's hundreds of hours of gameplay worth in there, just because I wanted to complete the story cause I was exhausted by the time I finished the earlier games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2022 at 11:26 AM, ryoncé said:

is it in development? 

 

cool that you know how to code and make video games -- very impressive. What engine do you use? 

Like I said, I'm just working on the pitch right now. Pre-pre-production you could say lol. It's just me, a couple of concept artists and my brothers (dealing w/the finance/marketing side) for now. We are working to make the most polished pitch/concept we can and hope that good things come from there (investment, participation, etc). We know that it is volatile and nothing is guaranteed. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2022 at 6:37 PM, Universo said:

congrats :clap3: hope everything goes well!

 

-

had a lot of fun with Ghost of Tsushima :cool: the world was beautiful too

Yeah sis thanks it is really still just in the very early stages, so it will be years from now. But I haven't had this kind of persistent passion for a project like, ever. We feel there is a lot of potential. 

 

Action adventure gameplay harkening to our contemporary scifi/fantasy media and some political intrigue a la GoT/HoTD. 3rd person combat and wide linear level design. Cinematic, epic, dynamic and exciting! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2022 at 4:45 PM, Rihabelye said:

don't start a comment assuming no one will care... we will!!! do you have a twitter account where you post progress updates?

Eventually. Right now it's still far too early. I've created tons of concept art but many revisions will need to take place before any public showing. But it's brought me the most joy in years creating it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2022 at 1:49 AM, Massive_Teardrop said:

Oh shittttttt I forgot that came out, need to play it 

I think everyone did :deadbanana4: it totally seems to have come and gone with zero hype.

 

It’s a brilliant game with beautiful graphics so I would definitely recommend!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just played Spider-Man again. Loved it even better the second time. Also played Miles Morales. Thought it was awesome. I loved how nice the side-missions were. And the last one I played now was Life is Strange 2. I LOVED IT!!!!! I think is better than the first one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone playing the new God of War? I'm only 4 hours in, but I feel like I'm still playing the same PS4 game. :rip: 

 

For being touted as one of the greatest games ever, I wasn't a big fan of the first: I just found the child sidekick to be an overused trope, the dialogue was stale, the bosses were repetitive, combat was average, it was serving great gowns beautiful gowns. But it was great in terms of a reinvention compared to its predecessors.

 

Hopefully the new one changes my mind. :rip: My biggest complaint so far is the lack of environmental physics that just breaks my immersion gameplay-wise. The only thing so far is the cookie cutter pillars to swing at your enemies. It seems like more and more games focus too much on photo-realism, less on the innovation elsewhere. Even BoTW from 2017 and TLoU2, also a linear game felt more interactive and actually changed the way I approached fights.

Edited by Starshine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...