Video Games you played recently

Ghibli

27 minutes ago, Canon said:

Ughhh I wanna play this so bad on PC but a port is nowhere to be seen for the future :monkey: Of all the Souls-Borne games this is the only one I'm interested in due to the gothic/victorian-horror aesthetic :WAP:

it is so so well made i was OBSESSED :jonny5: and yeah this is my first FromSoftware game and i saw a couple of minutes of Dark Souls III and it just doesn't hit the same... i wanna play Sekiro tho

get a PS then! (if you can ofc)

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Year of Shadow

• FailSafe

• Rigalo

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got Splatoon 3 on Friday. Lowkey just want to go back to Splat2, but I know I'll get used to it over time.

Edited by JonginBey

Is The Last of Us coming to PC or not in the end? Can't believe I spent 45 hours on MGS:V already and I'm only at 15% completion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Universo said:

Control was soo trippy @feelslikeadream loved it

the maze part :jonny5:

That part was so good :jonny6: Glad you liked it! I can't wait for the sequel.

Been missing the Shin Megami Tensei universe since I've finished Persona 5 Strikers, so I went ahead and bought Soul Hackers 2 which is a nice little game until P5Royal get released next month! :keir:

Edited by Tangane

So I've had decades of experience playing RPGs (mainly JRPGs like FF series, Resonance of Fate, Star Ocean, Tales, Kingdom Hearts etc) I want to play Elden Ring. I was wondering if it's really worth the hype? What can I expect? I've skimmed the classes and I'm gravitating towards Astrologer (I love magic, so I'm thinking of building a Glass Cannon character). I've never played a Souls game and I've heard bosses are quite hard but I also handled some fairly hard bosses like those ridiculous optional bosses from other games like The Mysterious Figure (KHBBS), Vanitas Sentiment (KHBBS), Vercingetorix (FFXIII) etc so can I handle such game with apparently difficult bosses?

Finished Ghost of Tsushima. Woow, such a grat game :clap3:

Now I´m into Horizon - Forbidden West.

Playing Control. Feels weird, but just an hour in. Feels like something Hideo Kojima would write.

Started playing Grand Theft Auto 4 again, haven't played it since 2020 :giraffe:

Doing a playthrough of it too on my youtube :gaycat5:

On 9/27/2022 at 10:58 PM, FailSafe said:

So I've had decades of experience playing RPGs (mainly JRPGs like FF series, Resonance of Fate, Star Ocean, Tales, Kingdom Hearts etc) I want to play Elden Ring. I was wondering if it's really worth the hype? What can I expect? I've skimmed the classes and I'm gravitating towards Astrologer (I love magic, so I'm thinking of building a Glass Cannon character). I've never played a Souls game and I've heard bosses are quite hard but I also handled some fairly hard bosses like those ridiculous optional bosses from other games like The Mysterious Figure (KHBBS), Vanitas Sentiment (KHBBS), Vercingetorix (FFXIII) etc so can I handle such game with apparently difficult bosses?

I got Elden Ring on release day. Just beat it a couple weeks ago as a pure mage build (Astrologer starting class). It was my first souls game too, didn’t know what to expect. 

I can’t recommend the game enough. The world is beautiful, the progression over time is super fun, the spells are really cool, you can go at your own pace. I found it challenging but not frustrating. It is so satisfying to finally beat a boss you have tried a few times. If anything is too hard, you can explore more of the huge open world and level up a bit, it really helps. 

I would definitely recommend doing a mage run for your first play through. I loved being able to use more ranged attacks as I suck at melee typically. I just started a new game as a Faith/Prophet build and I’m finding it harder than mage build at this point. 

I say you should try it for sure. I think it is my favorite game of all time. If you have any questions, let me know! 

Currently playing Tales of Arise on PS5 and Vampyr. Both very different but fun. Tales looks beautiful and if you’re into jrpgs you’re gonna love it. Vampyr its very moody and interesting, love that i decided to give it a try on this time of the year, since I’m in the Halloween spirit

Edited by Spartan528

On 10/2/2022 at 1:57 AM, ChrisTheLoner said:

Started playing Grand Theft Auto 4 again, haven't played it since 2020 :giraffe:

Doing a playthrough of it too on my youtube :gaycat5:

Just uploaded the second part of this :gaycat4:

On 10/3/2022 at 10:35 PM, Champagne said:

I got Elden Ring on release day. Just beat it a couple weeks ago as a pure mage build (Astrologer starting class). It was my first souls game too, didn’t know what to expect. 

I can’t recommend the game enough. The world is beautiful, the progression over time is super fun, the spells are really cool, you can go at your own pace. I found it challenging but not frustrating. It is so satisfying to finally beat a boss you have tried a few times. If anything is too hard, you can explore more of the huge open world and level up a bit, it really helps. 

I would definitely recommend doing a mage run for your first play through. I loved being able to use more ranged attacks as I suck at melee typically. I just started a new game as a Faith/Prophet build and I’m finding it harder than mage build at this point. 

I say you should try it for sure. I think it is my favorite game of all time. If you have any questions, let me know! 

I've ordered a physical copy after being skeptical for a while now thanks to your post. Elden Ring is everywhere on the internet especially its first few weeks of being released but I tried not to spoil much of it and I saw like 1 boss fight skskskk I'm thinking of starting with the highest difficulty available for the first run :duca:

On 10/4/2022 at 6:30 AM, Spartan528 said:

Currently playing Tales of Arise on PS5 and Vampyr. Both very different but fun. Tales looks beautiful and if you’re into jrpgs you’re gonna love it. Vampyr its very moody and interesting, love that i decided to give it a try on this time of the year, since I’m in the Halloween spirit

I'm just gonna say, Rinwell is THAT *****. Soloed an optional boss with her constantly casting her strongest spells and it was  glorious 

Edited by FailSafe

1 hour ago, FailSafe said:

I've ordered a physical copy after being skeptical for a while now thanks to your post. Elden Ring is everywhere on the internet especially its first few weeks of being released but I tried not to spoil much of it and I saw like 1 boss fight skskskk I'm thinking of starting with the highest difficulty available for the first run :duca:

I’m glad you’re giving it a try! Heads up - there are no difficulty settings in this game. I hated that at first (I have always played everything on easy mode ala BOTW), but one of the best parts of the experience was the challenge and the satisfaction of beating something after trying so many times. It can definitely be frustrating though.

You can always “summon” real people at the curved summon signs to help you if you have access to online. I didn’t do this at first, but it’s super fun. 

I hope you love it and make sure you give it time! It takes a while to get used to, but worth it imo. :heart2:

Ghost of Tsushima is very repetitive and some of the missions are boring. Beautiful graphics though.

I've been playing through all the main series Final Fantasy games in chronological order. I just finished FFIV (Playing the Pixel Remasters for 1-6).

It was my first time really playing it. I think I played the DS remake maybe as a kid but didn't get as far as Cecil becoming a Paladin.

The game has very good concepts and I believe it was the origin of the ATB system found in JRPGs, mainly the other Final Fantasy games in the 90s. You can see the beginnings of what led Final Fantasy to become a global phenomenon.

My biggest problem with the game was party members joining your party then leaving, or in most cases aluding to their death. It got a bit tiring to see most of the guests "die" off and it lost it's impact after the second time around and then on the final boss fight I think most of them are alive again?

The story has super interesting concepts but they don't get fleshed out. Maybe cause the game is 30 years old but you have Rydia in your party for most of the game and the main character murdered their parents/whole village and it gets briefly mentioned at the start and then all is forgiven and it's time to fight the real bad guy!!!

Anyways, it's time to move onto FFV :gaycat1:

Decided to play through The Dark Pictures Anthology since it's spooky season. Finished Man of Medan, the ship was very creepy and there were a couple of jump scares that got me, but the twist at the end was so predictable and I hated it. Accidentally got everyone killed but didn't care because I hated them all :fan:

On 10/5/2022 at 10:58 AM, Champagne said:

I’m glad you’re giving it a try! Heads up - there are no difficulty settings in this game. I hated that at first (I have always played everything on easy mode ala BOTW), but one of the best parts of the experience was the challenge and the satisfaction of beating something after trying so many times. It can definitely be frustrating though.

You can always “summon” real people at the curved summon signs to help you if you have access to online. I didn’t do this at first, but it’s super fun. 

I hope you love it and make sure you give it time! It takes a while to get used to, but worth it imo. :heart2:

So the game arrived and its the weekend and I decided to boot it. The game welcomed me with this strong ass centaur that two-shot me :rip: tried him a couple of times and just managed to bring his health to a half :deadbanana4:

8 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

So the game arrived and its the weekend and I decided to boot it. The game welcomed me with this strong ass centaur that two-shot me :rip: tried him a couple of times and just managed to bring his health to a half :deadbanana4:

I’m so sorry! Like I said, it is overwhelming at first. You can always run away and get stronger in easier areas, that’s what I did. I also used online wikis/guides to help me when I was stuck. Doing that did not spoil anything for me personally on first play-through and made it more fun. If you are doing a mage build, try to get the Meteor Staff and Rock Sling spell in Caelid, that helped me a ton and it’s easy to get on your horse, you can just run past everyone. 

If you give it a chance and explore a little more, it is much more enjoyable. As someone who plays most games on easy-mode, I appreciated the challenge. I understand if it’s just not your type of game though.

settle on gears capped and weekly on 'Endwalker'. thank you Callback Campaign this time and start my reaper soon :wink:

Got back into Cyberpunk today. It's hitting right tonight. 

On 10/9/2022 at 9:54 AM, Champagne said:

I’m so sorry! Like I said, it is overwhelming at first. You can always run away and get stronger in easier areas, that’s what I did. I also used online wikis/guides to help me when I was stuck. Doing that did not spoil anything for me personally on first play-through and made it more fun. If you are doing a mage build, try to get the Meteor Staff and Rock Sling spell in Caelid, that helped me a ton and it’s easy to get on your horse, you can just run past everyone. 

If you give it a chance and explore a little more, it is much more enjoyable. As someone who plays most games on easy-mode, I appreciated the challenge. I understand if it’s just not your type of game though.

Ddddd it's fine. Anyway, I love the exploration but one time I was minding my own business and looting treasures then suddenly this one teleported me to some cave called Selia or something and the ******* there one shots me and I couldn't fast travel with map so I had to rush around the cave to find the nearest grace point :deadbanana4: I'm currently building a Glass Cannon so I couldn't really fault the game. I've beaten Margit and decided to explore the South and apparently this Peninsula is kinda easier than the rest of the North? I've beaten some bosses there and after beating the tree avatar and opening a treasure chest near the erdtree (sp?), I was once again teleported to some godforsaken place and now I'm in Academia or something :rip: Anyway this game is full of surprises and I'm very much enjoying it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.