Video Games you played recently

Ghibli

Persona 3 Reload is currently on sale on Steam. I bought it for my Steam Deck.

And it's not really a game but I'm currently playing Astra on the Quest 3. It's supposed to be a learning app. You travel to different planets and it's really cool. You're in your own space in AR but you can also teleport to the planets and moons and see them in VR. It's cool how different the planets are and the AR mode and hand tracking is really good.

• Like 1

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poki

• Rigalo

• OhMyAlf

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/20/2024 at 2:43 PM, Suilen said:

Finished F.E.A.R. (yeah, I have like 20 games installed at a time) and currently playing through the Extraction Point expansion, which is by a different developer, but the gameplay is suprisingly faithful (the story, though, all those retcons in the first 20 minutes). I feel like I was too late to the party with this one as it played... like a typical shooter, but I'm aware of its enemy AI innovations. Still, the gameplay is quite good, the limited arsenal of 3 weapons felt dissapointing at first, but then I realized that I could throw away the guns that I didn't use anyway. I liked finding all those boosters, and I think that I got them all? The health ones, at least. I know there's an achievement for not using the slowmo thing (not on Steam, unfortunately), but I couldn't imagine doing things without it. As for the plot, pacing etc... Some level transitions were anticlimatic, and the game could do with more varied goals than 'omg catch this guy, oh no he ran away' (there were several micro-goals that I appreciated). The plot seemed pretty barebones, although those phone messages/laptops helped to make things slightly more interesting (System Shock, her impact). The creepy stuff was ok, expected more jumpscares (expected, not welcomed), but it was fine, I liked the j-horror nods. The whole Alma thing required some additional materials to understand properly, but I guess the game is straightforward enough, and I just can't live without some wikia snooping. Heard a lot about a certain infamous scene in the second game....

Recently played through this series.

The first game was *chefs kiss*

:jonny5:

2 and 3 were AWFUL! I couldn't finish them, they were that bad.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 6:13 PM, Anthinos said:

Persona 3 Reload is currently on sale on Steam. I bought it for my Steam Deck.

And it's not really a game but I'm currently playing Astra on the Quest 3. It's supposed to be a learning app. You travel to different planets and it's really cool. You're in your own space in AR but you can also teleport to the planets and moons and see them in VR. It's cool how different the planets are and the AR mode and hand tracking is really good.

what other games do you play on Steam Deck? I'm currently playing Balatro, No Man's Sky and Talos Principle 2

8 hours ago, Kern said:

what other games do you play on Steam Deck? I'm currently playing Balatro, No Man's Sky and Talos Principle 2

I've only played Final Fantasy 7 Remake so far and I loved it! 

I just beat Cereza and the Lost Demon (it was on sale at my local Target for like $17 before tax I was shook) and I honestly really enjoyed it! I prefer the standard 3 Bayo games more of course, but it was a really gorgeous game with lots of charm and fun gameplay once you got into it.

Now I'm back on my Hades bullshit while I wait for Hades 2 to take a year+ to be on full release for console :emofish:

I got to play Hades 2 and I'm not sure about it yet. I don't really see much changes from OG

6 minutes ago, Kern said:

I got to play Hades 2 and I'm not sure about it yet. I don't really see much changes from OG

Honestly, I wanted a DLC for the first game so bad that I don't mind delving into this world once again years later!

I'm confident in the studio capacity to make this second iteration a great contender for GOTY once again! :alexz:

That said: I'm not planning on playing the game until its full release because I can't be bothered playing games that are not "100%" done. If I play the early access, I know I won't go back to it for the full release...

Edited by Tangane

On 4/24/2024 at 10:56 AM, highwind44029 said:

Playing Suikoden's spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes right now, and it's really good so far. Scratches the itch for my JRPG-loving ass.

ah me too

so excited playing it 

it brings me nostalgia altho it's not smooth enough and tired of loading screen (im playing on my Nintendo Switch, dont know if this happens on PS5, Steam, or XBOX)

like any missable heroes there?

2 hours ago, Sapphire said:

ah me too

so excited playing it 

it brings me nostalgia altho it's not smooth enough and tired of loading screen (im playing on my Nintendo Switch, dont know if this happens on PS5, Steam, or XBOX)

like any missable heroes there?

Based from what I've seen, there are only two missable characters, and it's a domino sort of thing (if you don't recruit the first missable character then you can't recruit the other one.) Other than that, there used to be another missable one due to a bug but they patched it out.

The performance issues are fine for me (playing on Steam), but I heard Switch is very scuffed because they waited for the next generation console before development, but it didn't come out so they had to rush development for the Switch, so I would blame Nintendo for that one. :rip:

10 hours ago, highwind44029 said:

Based from what I've seen, there are only two missable characters, and it's a domino sort of thing (if you don't recruit the first missable character then you can't recruit the other one.) Other than that, there used to be another missable one due to a bug but they patched it out.

The performance issues are fine for me (playing on Steam), but I heard Switch is very scuffed because they waited for the next generation console before development, but it didn't come out so they had to rush development for the Switch, so I would blame Nintendo for that one. :rip:

ok thanks for the info

I think I'm gonna look out to the so I wont miss any

Posted (edited)

I finished Zelda Breath Of The Wild last week, amazing game, I think I'll get into Tears Of The Kingdom later this year. I wish NIntendo Switch had more open world inmmersive games. Right now I'm playing Assassins Creed Origins on PC and I'm loving it so far..... ...

Edited by NeverReallyOver

On 4/23/2024 at 8:56 PM, highwind44029 said:

Playing Suikoden's spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes right now, and it's really good so far. Scratches the itch for my JRPG-loving ass.

It's good, but I wish they added more features. The menu is atrocious and they literally copy/pasted some **** from Suikoden II (the way the teleport girl joins you is 100% the same lmfaoo)

8 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

It's good, but I wish they added more features. The menu is atrocious and they literally copy/pasted some **** from Suikoden II (the way the teleport girl joins you is 100% the same lmfaoo)

Kinda was expected though. Viki was THE blueprint for fast travel. I'm more surprised we didn't get a big-boobed runemaster than anything. I agree about the menu, I wish it was possible to re-bind some of the buttons especially since I'm playing on keyboard and U/O are too far from WASD for sliding the menu.

Finally started Sea of Stars on Steam today and I'm sooo excited about it! :duca: I just beat the tutorial boss and I'm loving the combat so far. I bought it on release after following its development for a couple years, but it just never felt like the time to play it till now.

(Probably because my bf gifted me Animal Well today, and I just asked him if I could refund it after playing it for ~1.5 hrs — not my kinda game sadly :priceless:)

• Like 2

Feeding Frenzy 2 game of the millennium

I can't stop playing Baldurs Gate 3.

Everytime I finish I decide to make a new build and seduce a new companion.

I'll get to you eventually Minthara

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2024 at 4:40 PM, noonbob said:

Recently played through this series.

The first game was *chefs kiss*

:jonny5:

2 and 3 were AWFUL! I couldn't finish them, they were that bad.

After finishing all the games, I have to agree that the first one was probably the best overall. The second one seemed good at first, as it preserved the core gameplay, had a nice graphical update and was rather spooky in that hospital location, but it kinda went south as more time passed by, and 'Alma is looking for a baby daddy' wasn't that good of a plot. Still, up until that messy boss battle and whatever was surrounding it, I was mostly enjoying myself.

The third game, though, good lord. The cover shooter of it all, the bullshit points system that makes you miss out on the updates that were obtainable in the previous games by exploration, the fact that it built around the co-op... don't let me start on the "plot". I get that they were following the trends of that time, but the first game was a trailblazer, why couldn't they keep it up? A big disappointment. I also played one level as Fettel, and that felt like cheating with his abilities.

Meanwhile, the expansions for the first game were rather good and at times spookier than the original, and having the same gameplay helped. They should've continued that storyline because the set-up was definitely more interesting than the family **** they kept pushing in later games.

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 7:25 AM, Ecstasy said:

i'm just now starting my third playthrough! playing a different class and having different companions makes the game so replayable. also playing with mods this time around for the first time.

• Like 1

I'm buying Baldur's Gate 3 on Friday... :WAP:

I'm currently trying to finish Divinity 2 OS, for the first time, but I was playing this game for years and never got bored of it. The replayability is insane in this one. If I won't finish this before Friday then I probably never will :rip:

On 5/22/2024 at 8:14 AM, Kern said:

I'm currently trying to finish Divinity 2 OS, for the first time, but I was playing this game for years and never got bored of it. The replayability is insane in this one. If I won't finish this before Friday then I probably never will :rip:

I finished it yesterday :jonny6: I think I screwed up the ending but I'm just glad I finally finished it after all these years.

And I already want to play it again :dies: I think this might've beaten Fable as my favorite RPG of all time :mandown:

About to finish ac origins for the second time, it's such a marvelous game. Then I'm gonna play Odyssey for the second time, all while waiting for shadows :jonny: already preordered 

• 2 weeks later...

Just beat Sea of Stars

:jonny4:

What an amazing game and beautiful love letter to Chrono Trigger! I had so much fun playing it. I was absolutely gagged by Seraï's back story, whew! That was a gaming Moment™

I was reluctant to play it because (1) I was afraid it wouldn't be as good as I hoped and (2) I didn't want it to be so good as to dethrone Momodora: Moonlit Farewell as my favorite game I played in 2024. Well... I have to say, Sea of Stars dethroned! I doubt anything will top this for me this year, just like I knew Chrono Cross was #1 when I played it for the first time last year. We love instant classics!

:superman:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curaga said:

Just beat Sea of Stars

:jonny4:

What an amazing game and beautiful love letter to Chrono Trigger! I had so much fun playing it. I was absolutely gagged by Seraï's back story, whew! That was a gaming Moment™

I was reluctant to play it because (1) I was afraid it wouldn't be as good as I hoped and (2) I didn't want it to be so good as to dethrone Momodora: Moonlit Farewell as my favorite game I played in 2024. Well... I have to say, Sea of Stars dethroned! I doubt anything will top this for me this year, just like I knew Chrono Cross was #1 when I played it for the first time last year. We love instant classics!

:superman:

OK chile, let me get this game then :jonny6: I hear about it a lot.

The way I still have Talos Principle 2 to finish but I also started Cyberpunk and Baldur's Gate 3 :rip: And Paper Mario :chick1:

• Like 1

Currently replaying Alice: Madness Returns, initially planned to gather all collectibles, but it's proving to be a bit difficult as something always happens to be missing. The bugs and crashes didn't help either, but I randomly pressed something in the settings, and it's been better since then. I can also appreciate the overaching story more than I did like 10 years ago, the subtle things become more obvious with age.

Tried Spells & Secrets, which is basically Hades set in a magical school. It's cute, but obviously not that good. The customization is pretty nice, though.

Playing Tales of Vesperia on and off, finished the first boss, which was a struggle (had to retry it like 5 times). I kept reading something about the 'manual cancel' that supposedly makes things easier, but I still don't know how to pull that off, and my win was out of pure luck.

On 5/16/2024 at 5:25 AM, Ecstasy said:

omg I keep pushing off my Minthara one too :deadbanana2:. Right now I'm doing a Gith monk and with Laezel. But I think my next playthrough is going to be Poison Ivy themed (spore Druid) and that'll be my Minthara run.

On 5/21/2024 at 11:14 PM, Kern said:

I'm buying Baldur's Gate 3 on Friday... :WAP:

Omg I just bought DOS2 because I've been so addicted to BG3 :WAP:. I'm so excited to try it - but I know it'll consume my life for the next bit lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.