• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flower moon

• Into The Void

• Reverse Warholian

• Johnny Jacobs

Watched all Hunger Games movies and idk... it's not really the gag I expected it to be. The only movies I found excellent were the first one and Mockingjay Part 2. The rest were ranging from alright (Catching Fire, TBOSAS) to straight up mid (Mockingjay Part 1)

Maze Runner is lowkey better...

On 11/30/2023 at 10:30 PM, FlyOnTheWall said:

Just watched Wish, which was absolutely lovely and gonna watch Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes on Saturday after finishing the novel yesterday :duca:

watched HG and you will be amazed :heart: will watch Wish soon, so would you recommend it?

• 2 weeks later...

Saltburn. After finishing watching it I was really confused, but after a day I understood that I kinda like it :giraffe:

Also not so long ago I watched Whiplash. At first it was interesting but I lost my interest close to the ending... Idk what I was expecting tbh

May december - Terrible movie

Leave the world behind - Didn't like it. 

The Nun 2 - Amazing movie

11 hours ago, flower moon said:

banshees of inisherin. quite liked it. i think might have an accent after watching it.

Was very high when I watched this and couldn’t stop laughing throughout :rip: was glad to read after that the ironic humor was intended lmfao

Showing Up – 5.5/10 (I usually like “nothing happens” movies but wow, a little too much nothing happens here)

Jackie Brown – 9/10

Maestro – 7.5/10 (has some glaring flaws but I loved it anyway)

The Iron Claw – 8.5/10

Quiz Show – 7/10

• Like 1

the killer. super lame. idk what they were going for for this?

I just watched Pretty Woman. I'm someone that never understands the charm of old movies, but OMG I was hooked from the first scene. 

It's such an adult fairytale. I loved it. 

I just watched The Prestige after putting it off for years as I was spoiled, but the ending still blew me. 

Such an amazing movie.

Finally decided to put my TV to use, other than games. I've watched maybe 3 movies in the last decade :rip: so i decided to binge a few the last 2 days.

Oppenheimer >>> No Hard Feelings > Hunger Games: Prequel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that Hallmark gay movie Red White & Royal Bleu :pukey:

There must be a gulf for Oppen, but NHF & Hunger were amazing too.

Snow is so hot & charming. If he told me he wanted to commit genocide, i'd be all guns blazing for him :smitten:

Andrew is so cute. Him in his yellow shorts holding the dog :smitten: and when he sung i LOST it. 

RWRB was bullshit :rip: what kinda of "tumblr fanfiction trying to be deep" is this :rip: AND I stan Heartstopper S1. I guess if u like S2, u might like RWRB :rip: I had to stop an hour in. Also, the lead's acting is Disney Channel teen sitcom standard :rip:

Barbie, & Call Me By Your Name are next :lakitu: Have high hopes for both. 

MV5BNjVjMzZmYjctZTZiNS00YjI5LTgxMWItODAy

the actors carried it. very black mirror.

CMBYN was good, but it left me initially thinking No Hard Feelings & Hunger Games: Prequel were better. Mainly cuz it had more of a plot, whereas CMBYN was kinda like a short story. I heard that lack of a "plot/villain" was why this movie took 10 years to fund. But on rewatch, I kinda like it as much as NHF & HG:P, or even more. I think it's the Chalamet appeal :rip: I really did not care for this twink until i watched this, & now i wanna do bad things. Also knowing that it's more of a chill film before hand, changed my expectations for the better, & made me appreciate the film for what it is.

Sad to see him with Kylie tho :deadbanana: ruins the artsy deep actor i thought he was. 

Also what a song.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFfBYrkw5w6pa3Pwyyz1x

been trying to watch this for the past 3 days lol but its just not good.. no idea what kind of movie its trying to be

Watched Everything Everywhere All At Once :rip: I can't believe this won 7 Oscars. 

Michelle Yeoh 100% deserved her Oscar tho. She SERVED for the crumbs she was given. Like JLaw delivering the X-Women line.

But Best Picture? Best Supporting Actress for Jamie Lee Curtis? :deadbanana: What?!

To me, EEAOO gives a stretched Rick & Morty EP post S3, & thinks it's deeper than it actually is. 

The script serves Xenoblade 3, a lot of deep words that amount to nothing beyond a basic plot.

The constant barrage of scenes (that i did not personally find funny) to pad out the lack of depth.

It's serving Reddit content, with TikTok presentation.

It's what i imagine that Community EP where Abed made a film about Jesus would be like.

Comedies & Sci-Fi are my fave genres, but i don't think this landed on any of that for me. As an asian, the first 15 mins had me interested, but once the kung fu scene happened i wanted to turn it off so bad. At least I finished it, unlike Red, White, & Royal Blue.

Oppenheimer Call Me By Your Name >> No Hard Feelings > Hunger Games: Prequel >>>>>>>>>>>> Everything Everywhere All At OnceRed White & Royal Blue 

I went from not feeling CMBYN, to wanting to rewatch it :lmao: Just needed a different mindset going in. Especially after watching so many intense plots before it.

Barbie is next on my movie binge then idk what comes next :matty:

Mad Max: Fury Road (9/10): Can't believe I never got around to seeing this before now, this technical masterpiece blew me away :rip:

Anatomy of a Fall (8.5/10): Sandra Hüller gives the most natural and lived-in performance she possibly could. She deserves the Oscar for this.

Society of the Snow (9/10): This actually left me speechless and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. One of the most harrowing and visceral films I've ever seen, and the fact that it isn't getting more awards buzz is criminal.

Edited by EdgeofTeeth
  • Like 1

Poor Things is really one of my favorite movies this decade :jonny5: Emma Stone did that

• Like 2

watched Anatomy of a Fall today. brilliant, complex, layered, thought provoking. a Sandra Hüller Oscar nom snub would be a disgrace, she is magnetic. 

Barbie was great! I hate woke stuff, but the conservatives really consider this movie misandrist? :toofunny3: 

I wouldn't even call Barbie that woke. They had the wokest character be an edgelord 13 year old bully that NOBODY in school likes :deadbanana2:

It's one of the best advocates for equality :toofunny3: They made is VERY clear that Kens were oppressed. Matriarchy, patriarchy, they all leave one side unhappy.

And that ending with the President giving the Kens a low level role, & telling them to work up to it, is a perfect reflection of the real world history.

The only fair misandrist thing was majority of the real world men being exaggeratedly incompetent & stupid, but i'd argue it was more for aesthetic.

And they made up for all that by having the men fight each other, but cuz they're simple men they hugged it out and didn't hold a grudge :dies:

When Barbie ended at the gynecologist, to me, it meant Barbie wanted to be a mother. Especially with all the flashes of motherhood before her humanization.

It was a vágina gag for sure, but i think a 2nd meaning was intended. Conservatives should've lauded this, but they were too obsessed with hurdur woke culture. 

:isudumblmao:

10 Oppenheimer

10 Call Me By Your Name 

8.5 No Hard Feelings 

8 Barbie 

7.5 Hunger Games: Prequel 

2 Everything Everywhere All At Once 

1 Red White & Royal Blue 

No idea what i'll watch next. Probs CMBYN again :'( Oppenheimer is a better film, but CMBYN is SO much more rewatchable, precisely cuz the plot is relaxed. It's like Heartstopper S1. Chill, & Sweet.

official-poster-for-j-a-bayonas-society-

very well done but such a hard watch :chick3:

Edited by flower moon
  • Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Been watching quite a bit this week! Poor Things, LA Confidential, Scream VI (again hehe), Mean Girls (24). Got a lot to get through this month (Anatomy of a Fall, All of Us Strangers, American Fiction, Iron Claw, Ferrari, Priscilla, and Color Purple just to name a few) 2023 had some really wonderful films. Hopefully 2024 keeps that momentum going :jamming:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.